GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   New details on R35 from Auto Express mag (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/5286-new-details-r35-auto-express-mag.html)

ColinM 19th October 2002 10:00 PM

New details on R35 from Auto Express mag

The following details are from this weeks Auto Express magazine dated 16-22 October. The article quotes Patrick Pilata the Vice-president of product planning at Nissan.

Based on Infiniti G35 underpinnings
Due in 2004
Engine to be a turbo version of 3.5l V6 from G35 car with 400bhp
6spd manual (No CVT box)
4wd
Styling close to R35 concept car

My opinion - Although Japan has a bhp limit of 280 I think it is just a 'Gentlemans' agreement between the manufacturers that could be broken and not law. Also Honda are supposed to be doing a 400bhp V8 for their new NSX. So 400bhp could be a production standard, unlike the R33 400R.

paul 19th October 2002 11:41 PM

hmmmmm, mixed feeling on that.glad its still gonna be manual, 4wd and 400bhp. is it a single turbo then?not TT? the bad bits for me are the V6, and the styling. IMO the concept has lost all the aggression that made the R34 such a good car to look at. now its just a plain sedan. i suppose these are not final details, so things could change

on the 400bhp thing. the new Supra (currently 4000GT amongst other names such as 4300,4500 and 5000GT) is gonna be standard 400bhp, its name is equalto the horsepower/ps,so the GT-R will have to be up in that ballpark

TOKYO 19th October 2002 11:50 PM

Interesting points Colin

Cheers.

glen

Andy Barnes 19th October 2002 11:59 PM

R35

Sounds very good doesnt it - after waiting for specifics for so long its nice to get info filtered thru - gonna get one as soon as released - Had dout around getting a R34 initially cos of the looks however its far superior over the 33 and 32 with regards to handling and feel:)

DCD 20th October 2002 02:53 AM

Quote:

The following details are from this weeks Auto Express magazine dated 16-22 October. The article quotes Patrick Pilata the Vice-president of product planning at Nissan.

Based on Infiniti G35 underpinnings
Due in 2004
Engine to be a turbo version of 3.5l V6 from G35 car with 400bhp
6spd manual (No CVT box)
4wd
Styling close to R35 concept car

My opinion - Although Japan has a bhp limit of 280 I think it is just a 'Gentlemans' agreement between the manufacturers that could be broken and not law. Also Honda are supposed to be doing a 400bhp V8 for their new NSX. So 400bhp could be a production standard, unlike the R33 400R.

Here is what I know so far:

The actual platform will be a shortened version of the XVL (as used by the V35 Skyline and Z33 Fairlady).

Engine, I will not say anything as there is too much hype on this....

A more advanced system of the new ATTESA 4WD system will be used, which is currently in use on the M35 Stagea 4WD models.

Will be unveiled at next years Tokyo Motorshow(37th) and sales will follow from Jan 2004. There are rumors that a second concept will be shown at this years Tokyo show(starts on 29/10)...but I guess we will have to see. I'll be sure to post pics if this really does happen:)

hipogtr 21st October 2002 02:04 PM

Thanks for the updated info, Colin.

DCD... I thought the Tokyo Motor Show starting on October 30 was all commercial vehicles, not passenger cars?

Cya O!

Driftaholic 24th October 2002 04:25 PM

denial springs eternal

Come on guys,

You know the straight six is dead! It will be a V6 TT and you know it! What's in the R34 race cars at present?

Also has anyone got any pictures of what the new Supra or NSX will look like?

James

paul 24th October 2002 05:44 PM

well according to Toyota's "expert" at the motorshow, the new Supra has zero chance of coming to the UK because there is no way Toyota can get the emissions low enough. Hmmm, so if it cant pass them here, it cant pass them in the US (biggest market) either? Maybe he wasnt such an "expert" after all.:(

paul 24th October 2002 05:45 PM

must say i really dont know how i got the threads mixed up. that post was meant to be elsewhere, sorry:) :rolleyes: