GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Litchfields Trip Great Service (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/530337-litchfields-trip-great-service.html)

Venner 25th August 2017 08:03 PM

Litchfields Trip Great Service

So having owned my GTR for about 2months now it was time to take it to Litchfields for a health check and early service.

I originally booked it in to also have the Bellhousing replaced.

After going off into town for an hour had a phone call from Adam advising me that the Bellhousing was a little noisey but had no play in it so to save my money along with it only needing a cheaper service than they expected, happy days. But they had found my rear tyre was put on backwards :nervous: so had to swap that over but should be ready earlier than expected.

An hour later got another call to say they found why it was around the wrong way, who ever had fitted it had slit the outerwall and then put it on the other way to hide the mistake :chairshot:chairshot:chairshot.

Adam rang around to find an exact match tyre as they are like new but couldnt get one to the morning. They let me keep the loan car over night and then I drove up and collected it this morning.

so Service and Tyre sorted they then updated to version 6 software and tuned on the Dyno.

It made 597.5BHP at stage 1 which im very happy with (2.5bhp more to get 600 would have been better)

So happy with the service i recieved saving me money where they could have quite easily have done the bellhousing instead of advising not to, will be getting my business every year thats for sure.

Front discs and pads will need replacing next year so need to be on the look out for some.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArkSlvkIxpwJtEx6m_5L67ZEiFGL

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArkSlvkIxpwJtE1NcMqyh_McoiUb

Takamo 25th August 2017 08:05 PM

Excellent service, top guys glad you are happy fella

Venner 25th August 2017 08:06 PM

Some reason it wont show the image i have attached to the post of the Rolling Road print out.

Is that because of only having 25posts on here?

terry lloyd 25th August 2017 09:07 PM

It has to be over 600hp to upload image ;)

Venner 26th August 2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry lloyd (Post 5417905)

:chuckle: made me smile.

Chronos 27th August 2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venner (Post 5417857)
So having owned my GTR for about 2months now it was time to take it to Litchfields for a health check and early service.
I originally booked it in to also have the Bellhousing replaced.
After going off into town for an hour had a phone call from Adam advising me that the Bellhousing was a little noisey but had no play in it so to save my money along with it only needing a cheaper service than they expected, happy days. But they had found my rear tyre was put on backwards :nervous: so had to swap that over but should be ready earlier than expected.
An hour later got another call to say they found why it was around the wrong way, who ever had fitted it had slit the outerwall and then put it on the other way to hide the mistake :chairshot:chairshot:chairshot.
Adam rang around to find an exact match tyre as they are like new but couldnt get one to the morning. They let me keep the loan car over night and then I drove up and collected it this morning.
so Service and Tyre sorted they then updated to version 6 software and tuned on the Dyno.
It made 597.5BHP at stage 1 which im very happy with (2.5bhp more to get 600 would have been better)
So happy with the service i recieved saving me money where they could have quite easily have done the bellhousing instead of advising not to, will be getting my business every year thats for sure.

Front discs and pads will need replacing next year so need to be on the look out for some.

ace, nice work Litcho's!

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry lloyd (Post 5417905)

and a double ace for you! lmao!

btw.. pics.. haha

https://s27.postimg.org/4s7924tar/21...58776464_o.jpg

https://s27.postimg.org/h83yvvmmr/21...93672807_o.jpg

wrapidtint 27th August 2017 10:35 PM

Can't fault Litchfield's...they're going from strength to strength

jinxy 28th August 2017 11:38 AM

Always good service from Lichfield. Always expensive experience visiting there though, they have some great toys!

Killerscum01 29th August 2017 08:58 AM

Hey Venner,

I recognized the VRN, did you do the Queens Square drive out on Sunday (seen pics on Facebook)?

I would have liked to go myself but missed the opportunity in time.

Anyway are you Bristol based? Be cool for a drive out sometime, My R8/C63 mates wont come out to play...

Venner 29th August 2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerscum01 (Post 5420553)
Hey Venner,

I recognized the VRN, did you do the Queens Square drive out on Sunday (seen pics on Facebook)?

I would have liked to go myself but missed the opportunity in time.

Anyway are you Bristol based? Be cool for a drive out sometime, My R8/C63 mates wont come out to play...

Hey

Yes i did the Queen Square Drive out on Sunday, was an amazing day about 300miles (including drive home) in great sunny weather with very like minded people.

I also missed the first 30 slots but sent a message and they got me a space.

Im about 40mins from Bristol so would be up for a drive out and meeting other GTR drivers.

I'm the same with my R8 mate he never seems to come out much now.

If you can see any of my comments on facebook Ping me a friend request.

Killerscum01 29th August 2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venner (Post 5420833)
Hey

Yes i did the Queen Square Drive out on Sunday, was an amazing day about 300miles (including drive home) in great sunny weather with very like minded people.

I also missed the first 30 slots but sent a message and they got me a space.

Im about 40mins from Bristol so would be up for a drive out and meeting other GTR drivers.

I'm the same with my R8 mate he never seems to come out much now.

If you can see any of my comments on facebook Ping me a friend request.

Yeah that would be cool, are you 40mins south of Bristol? I'm in WSM

Venner 29th August 2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerscum01 (Post 5420849)
Yeah that would be cool, are you 40mins south of Bristol? I'm in WSM

Im close to Bath

Killerscum01 29th August 2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venner (Post 5420969)
Im close to Bath

That's good, there is another guy in WSM too, I think he might be on here also. Could get a little posse up together, that could be fun.

mallockman 29th August 2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerscum01 (Post 5421017)
That's good, there is another guy in WSM too

That might be me...... I'm between Portishead and Clevedon. Would be good to have a meet...!

Chippy_Jersey 29th August 2017 08:29 PM

Got my first GTR in April and spend 800 quid getting to Litchfields and back and Ian made me feel so welcome when I got there, great guys.

Wouldn't take the Mrs anywhere else now. Just the sheer amount of GTRs, of all stages of mods, is :runaway:

Think I need to make next year's trip better value though, so deciding on the mods :tard:

Venner 30th August 2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chippy_Jersey (Post 5421161)
Got my first GTR in April and spend 800 quid getting to Litchfields and back and Ian made me feel so welcome when I got there, great guys.

Wouldn't take the Mrs anywhere else now. Just the sheer amount of GTRs, of all stages of mods, is :runaway:

Think I need to make next year's trip better value though, so deciding on the mods :tard:

What did you have done when there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallockman (Post 5421129)
That might be me...... I'm between Portishead and Clevedon. Would be good to have a meet...!

Yeah sounds good to me.

Chippy_Jersey 30th August 2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venner (Post 5421633)
What did you have done when there?

Yeah sounds good to me.

Just a first service

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Venner 30th August 2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chippy_Jersey (Post 5421657)
Just a first service

Next time for a stage upgrade at the same time then?

Chippy_Jersey 30th August 2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venner (Post 5422073)
Next time for a stage upgrade at the same time then?

Not sure yet. Car still only has 2k miles on it. Will see what the budget is like next year [emoji3][emoji3]