Litchfields Trip Great Service - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance


Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By Venner
  • 9 Post By terry lloyd
  • 1 Post By Chronos
  • 1 Post By wrapidtint
  • 2 Post By jinxy
  • 1 Post By Killerscum01
  • 1 Post By Chippy_Jersey

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25th August 2017, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Venner is Stage 1 2009 GTR Black Edition
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Venner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South West
Cars owned: 2009 GTR Black Edition
Posts: 101
Talking Litchfields Trip Great Service

So having owned my GTR for about 2months now it was time to take it to Litchfields for a health check and early service.

I originally booked it in to also have the Bellhousing replaced.

After going off into town for an hour had a phone call from Adam advising me that the Bellhousing was a little noisey but had no play in it so to save my money along with it only needing a cheaper service than they expected, happy days. But they had found my rear tyre was put on backwards so had to swap that over but should be ready earlier than expected.

An hour later got another call to say they found why it was around the wrong way, who ever had fitted it had slit the outerwall and then put it on the other way to hide the mistake .

Adam rang around to find an exact match tyre as they are like new but couldnt get one to the morning. They let me keep the loan car over night and then I drove up and collected it this morning.

so Service and Tyre sorted they then updated to version 6 software and tuned on the Dyno.

It made 597.5BHP at stage 1 which im very happy with (2.5bhp more to get 600 would have been better)

So happy with the service i recieved saving me money where they could have quite easily have done the bellhousing instead of advising not to, will be getting my business every year thats for sure.

Front discs and pads will need replacing next year so need to be on the look out for some.



Chronos likes this.
__________________

Last edited by Venner; 25th August 2017 at 08:10 PM..
Venner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2017, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Takamo is Living the Dream... Alhumdulillah (thanks to God)
GTR Register Trader
 
Takamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Birmingham
Cars owned: R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, R35 GTR and many many more!!!
Posts: 6,151
Excellent service, top guys glad you are happy fella
__________________
Rabs Car Alarms 0121 771 1511 or 07973733441
Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official Dealers of:
Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser
Smartrack Trackers, Toad, Scorpion & Blackvue

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Takamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2017, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Venner is Stage 1 2009 GTR Black Edition
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Venner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South West
Cars owned: 2009 GTR Black Edition
Posts: 101
Some reason it wont show the image i have attached to the post of the Rolling Road print out.

Is that because of only having 25posts on here?
__________________
Venner is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 25th August 2017, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
terry lloyd is ........
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
terry lloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: peterborough
Posts: 1,920
It has to be over 600hp to upload image
Simonh, Takamo, Tariq and 6 others like this.
__________________
terry lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 09:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Venner is Stage 1 2009 GTR Black Edition
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Venner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South West
Cars owned: 2009 GTR Black Edition
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry lloyd View Post
It has to be over 600hp to upload image
made me smile.
__________________
Venner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 10:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla ALL year round
GT-RDC Member
 
Chronos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Planet R35
Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venner View Post
So having owned my GTR for about 2months now it was time to take it to Litchfields for a health check and early service.
I originally booked it in to also have the Bellhousing replaced.
After going off into town for an hour had a phone call from Adam advising me that the Bellhousing was a little noisey but had no play in it so to save my money along with it only needing a cheaper service than they expected, happy days. But they had found my rear tyre was put on backwards so had to swap that over but should be ready earlier than expected.
An hour later got another call to say they found why it was around the wrong way, who ever had fitted it had slit the outerwall and then put it on the other way to hide the mistake .
Adam rang around to find an exact match tyre as they are like new but couldnt get one to the morning. They let me keep the loan car over night and then I drove up and collected it this morning.
so Service and Tyre sorted they then updated to version 6 software and tuned on the Dyno.
It made 597.5BHP at stage 1 which im very happy with (2.5bhp more to get 600 would have been better)
So happy with the service i recieved saving me money where they could have quite easily have done the bellhousing instead of advising not to, will be getting my business every year thats for sure.

Front discs and pads will need replacing next year so need to be on the look out for some.
ace, nice work Litcho's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry lloyd View Post
It has to be over 600hp to upload image
and a double ace for you! lmao!

btw.. pics.. haha



Venner likes this.
__________________
R35 GT-R Black Edition ACSpeedtech remap/Forged Engine-Carrillo rods/CP pistons/HKS cams Dodson:Linney HD gearset uprated gearbox +2013software/Greddy Intercooler/Russ Fellows exhaust+Downpipes/ASNU 1050 Injectors/ACSpeedtech intakes/MPS4S 265~305/Alcon Extreme duty discs+Hawk pads
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 10:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
wrapidtint is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 124
Can't fault Litchfield's...they're going from strength to strength
Venner likes this.
__________________
wrapidtint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
jinxy is GTR
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
jinxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 66
Always good service from Lichfield. Always expensive experience visiting there though, they have some great toys!
Chippy_Jersey and Venner like this.
__________________
jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 08:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Killerscum01 is looking for a clear stretch to push his ponies
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Killerscum01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Weston super mare
Cars owned: Stage 4.25 GTR, 911 Turbo, 335D, Evo8 x2, M5, Mk1 Focus RS, TVR Cerbera, many many Cosworths
Posts: 150
Hey Venner,

I recognized the VRN, did you do the Queens Square drive out on Sunday (seen pics on Facebook)?

I would have liked to go myself but missed the opportunity in time.

Anyway are you Bristol based? Be cool for a drive out sometime, My R8/C63 mates wont come out to play...
Venner likes this.
__________________
Killerscum01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 01:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Venner is Stage 1 2009 GTR Black Edition
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Venner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South West
Cars owned: 2009 GTR Black Edition
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerscum01 View Post
Hey Venner,

I recognized the VRN, did you do the Queens Square drive out on Sunday (seen pics on Facebook)?

I would have liked to go myself but missed the opportunity in time.

Anyway are you Bristol based? Be cool for a drive out sometime, My R8/C63 mates wont come out to play...
Hey

Yes i did the Queen Square Drive out on Sunday, was an amazing day about 300miles (including drive home) in great sunny weather with very like minded people.

I also missed the first 30 slots but sent a message and they got me a space.

Im about 40mins from Bristol so would be up for a drive out and meeting other GTR drivers.

I'm the same with my R8 mate he never seems to come out much now.

If you can see any of my comments on facebook Ping me a friend request.
__________________
Venner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 01:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Killerscum01 is looking for a clear stretch to push his ponies
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Killerscum01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Weston super mare
Cars owned: Stage 4.25 GTR, 911 Turbo, 335D, Evo8 x2, M5, Mk1 Focus RS, TVR Cerbera, many many Cosworths
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venner View Post
Hey

Yes i did the Queen Square Drive out on Sunday, was an amazing day about 300miles (including drive home) in great sunny weather with very like minded people.

I also missed the first 30 slots but sent a message and they got me a space.

Im about 40mins from Bristol so would be up for a drive out and meeting other GTR drivers.

I'm the same with my R8 mate he never seems to come out much now.

If you can see any of my comments on facebook Ping me a friend request.
Yeah that would be cool, are you 40mins south of Bristol? I'm in WSM
__________________
Killerscum01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 02:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Venner is Stage 1 2009 GTR Black Edition
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Venner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South West
Cars owned: 2009 GTR Black Edition
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerscum01 View Post
Yeah that would be cool, are you 40mins south of Bristol? I'm in WSM
Im close to Bath
__________________
Venner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 03:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Killerscum01 is looking for a clear stretch to push his ponies
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Killerscum01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Weston super mare
Cars owned: Stage 4.25 GTR, 911 Turbo, 335D, Evo8 x2, M5, Mk1 Focus RS, TVR Cerbera, many many Cosworths
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venner View Post
Im close to Bath
That's good, there is another guy in WSM too, I think he might be on here also. Could get a little posse up together, that could be fun.
__________________
Killerscum01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 08:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
mallockman is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
mallockman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bristol
Cars owned: 2010 GTR R35 Titanium Grey Litchfield Stg 1 Mallock Mk34 Supersports
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerscum01 View Post
That's good, there is another guy in WSM too
That might be me...... I'm between Portishead and Clevedon. Would be good to have a meet...!
__________________
mallockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 08:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Chippy_Jersey is a newbie
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Chippy_Jersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Jersey
Posts: 74
Got my first GTR in April and spend £800 quid getting to Litchfields and back and Ian made me feel so welcome when I got there, great guys.

Wouldn't take the Mrs anywhere else now. Just the sheer amount of GTRs, of all stages of mods, is

Think I need to make next year's trip better value though, so deciding on the mods
Venner likes this.
__________________
Chippy_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017, 08:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Venner is Stage 1 2009 GTR Black Edition
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Venner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South West
Cars owned: 2009 GTR Black Edition
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy_Jersey View Post
Got my first GTR in April and spend £800 quid getting to Litchfields and back and Ian made me feel so welcome when I got there, great guys.

Wouldn't take the Mrs anywhere else now. Just the sheer amount of GTRs, of all stages of mods, is

Think I need to make next year's trip better value though, so deciding on the mods
What did you have done when there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallockman View Post
That might be me...... I'm between Portishead and Clevedon. Would be good to have a meet...!
Yeah sounds good to me.
__________________
Venner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017, 09:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Chippy_Jersey is a newbie
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Chippy_Jersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venner View Post
What did you have done when there?



Yeah sounds good to me.
Just a first service

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
__________________
Chippy_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017, 03:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Venner is Stage 1 2009 GTR Black Edition
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Venner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South West
Cars owned: 2009 GTR Black Edition
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy_Jersey View Post
Just a first service

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Next time for a stage upgrade at the same time then?
__________________
Venner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017, 06:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Chippy_Jersey is a newbie
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Chippy_Jersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venner View Post
Next time for a stage upgrade at the same time then?
Not sure yet. Car still only has 2k miles on it. Will see what the budget is like next year

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
__________________
Chippy_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com

tyreforums

 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.