GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   List of Upgrades (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/530513-list-upgrades.html)

Kimmea 27th August 2017 07:47 PM

List of Upgrades

Hi all,

Im looking for a few goodies to add to my 09 GTR and hoped you could point me in the right direction as im sure you have done the same and can recommend suppliers etc

Here is my list: (so far)

1 - Reversing Camera
2 - Y Piece
3 - DRLs
4 - 4 Brake light mod

Thanks in advance

simGTR 27th August 2017 08:50 PM

Do you have sat nav.? I got sat nav, then reversing camera. I think it can be done without, but easier if you have it.

4 brake light mod is on ebay for 75.

DRLs look pants unless OEM.

Kimmea 27th August 2017 09:16 PM

Not got sat nav but looked online at reversing cameras which display through the screen and look pretty good.

Just wanted a recommendation as to what to buy or avoid.
Agree the DRLs look the best in OEM but thought there may be an alternative option to keep the down

wrapidtint 27th August 2017 10:31 PM

I'm also looking for reverse camera. Pretty sure there's a company in the states that sell them. Phone company or similar?

wrapidtint 27th August 2017 10:36 PM

Almost forgot. It's R35 audio that sells the 4 light kit. Might be cheaper if buying direct on here.

vxrcymru 28th August 2017 05:54 AM

Reversing camera, Google car kit company the guys name is Brian.

4 light kit R35 Audio.

Y pipe Litchfield who can also fit the camera and 4 light kit for you.

DRL. Don't bother they look pants unless integrated into the bumper..

How about an auto closing wing mirror module, makes the wing mirrors close and open automatically when you lock and unlock the car? Cheap and tasty little mod and you will know if it's locked or unlocked just by looking at the car..

Kimmea 28th August 2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vxrcymru (Post 5419433)

4 light kit R35 Audio.

How about an auto closing wing mirror module, makes the wing mirrors close and open automatically when you lock and unlock the car? Cheap and tasty little mod and you will know if it's locked or unlocked just by looking at the car..

Yeah like the idea of the folding mirrors on locking.....where would i find one of them.?

dtox 28th August 2017 03:20 PM

Folding mirrors - Mine is by a company called Top Secret think it was 100 pretty simple to install - they can be tempermental now and again

don't bother with 4 tail light - when the lights are on it looks silly as one is will darker - you can get your self a set of 2011 - 2013 head lights cheap enough, even sell your 09 ones as well then they will work better

DRLs are costly - by the time you buy a bumper etc you maybe looking at 1,500 by the time it's sprayed up etc - Knight racer do a replica bumper for 800 but not sure on fitment as it is plastic

reversing cam - yeah google Car kit company or even Nissan can do the conversion but I believe a bit more costly
Y pipes sound amazing - most company's are good a deffo a good to do

dudersvr 29th August 2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtox (Post 5419833)
Folding mirrors - Mine is by a company called Top Secret think it was 100 pretty simple to install - they can be tempermental now and again

don't bother with 4 tail light - when the lights are on it looks silly as one is will darker - you can get your self a set of 2011 - 2013 head lights cheap enough, even sell your 09 ones as well then they will work better

DRLs are costly - by the time you buy a bumper etc you maybe looking at 1,500 by the time it's sprayed up etc - Knight racer do a replica bumper for 800 but not sure on fitment as it is plastic

reversing cam - yeah google Car kit company or even Nissan can do the conversion but I believe a bit more costly
Y pipes sound amazing - most company's are good a deffo a good to do

My 4 light kit is not different brightness

GlastoVeteran 29th August 2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudersvr (Post 5420777)

Agreed - I've never seen an example where the lights are of different brightness.

terry lloyd 29th August 2017 01:41 PM

As above just checked mine

Chronos 29th August 2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtox (Post 5419833)

Folding mirrors - yes they can be, remove battery + for 5 mins and back on seems to sort mine out

4 tail light - mine are all the same brightness and look quite cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudersvr (Post 5420777)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlastoVeteran (Post 5420801)
Agreed - I've never seen an example where the lights are of different brightness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry lloyd (Post 5420825)
As above just checked mine

+4 :clap:

-SeanS 29th August 2017 02:19 PM

On the CBA cars with a 4 light kit, are the taillights not a different brightness when braking?

Trevgtr 29th August 2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SeanS (Post 5420929)
On the CBA cars with a 4 light kit, are the taillights not a different brightness when braking?

Yep, they are, but just on normal lights all 4 are the same. When braking the outer 2 only light up dim.

DBA brake lights are brighter than the sun, they make the drivers behind you put their hands across their eyes, haha.

edited to correct inner to outer.

Chronos 29th August 2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SeanS (Post 5420929)

yes brighter

heres mine lower x2 pictures, NORMAL then BRAKES ON caps from a video i took ages ago

and before pics x2 upper pictures - not mine, nicked off the internet!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...e/000273-1.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../gtclights.jpg

normal
https://s26.postimg.org/exa91c9h5/10...2-30-40_PM.jpg

brakes
https://s26.postimg.org/6dqv3l14p/10...2-29-53_PM.jpg

R35Audio 29th August 2017 03:29 PM

Yeah, suspect he means when braking, inner ones are brighter. The main thing is all four are on with sidelights.

Kept in stock if you want to drop me a PM Kimmea :thumbsup:

Smileygtr 29th August 2017 11:06 PM

I have a 4 light kit 50 if interested

E3BLS 1st September 2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vxrcymru (Post 5419433)

4 light kit R35 Audio.

Where would I start to look at the wing mirror mod?

wrapidtint 1st September 2017 11:09 PM

It's the Car Kit Company in the states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrapidtint 1st September 2017 11:10 PM

Thinking about it, I'm about to order the camera kit and folding mirror module. I wonder if we could save on postage by buying together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk