GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - New details on R35 from Auto Express mag
View Single Post
Old 20th October 2002, 02:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
DCD
DCD is speedhunting
New Users

Cars owned: BNR34 V-spec
Quote:
The following details are from this weeks Auto Express magazine dated 16-22 October. The article quotes Patrick Pilata the Vice-president of product planning at Nissan.

Based on Infiniti G35 underpinnings
Due in 2004
Engine to be a turbo version of 3.5l V6 from G35 car with 400bhp
6spd manual (No CVT box)
4wd
Styling close to R35 concept car

My opinion - Although Japan has a bhp limit of 280 I think it is just a 'Gentlemans' agreement between the manufacturers that could be broken and not law. Also Honda are supposed to be doing a 400bhp V8 for their new NSX. So 400bhp could be a production standard, unlike the R33 400R.

Here is what I know so far:

The actual platform will be a shortened version of the XVL (as used by the V35 Skyline and Z33 Fairlady).

Engine, I will not say anything as there is too much hype on this....

A more advanced system of the new ATTESA 4WD system will be used, which is currently in use on the M35 Stagea 4WD models.

Will be unveiled at next years Tokyo Motorshow(37th) and sales will follow from Jan 2004. There are rumors that a second concept will be shown at this years Tokyo show(starts on 29/10)...but I guess we will have to see. I'll be sure to post pics if this really does happen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DCD is offline   Reply With Quote