GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Undecided.....map or not to map....
View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2017, 08:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Trevgtr
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy_Jersey View Post
I'm jumping on the overnight boat next Thursday and driving up to Litchfield to get the optimisation done and first service out of the way, so hopefully that'll be the servicing done for a year.

Question is, I've now fitted a RF Y-Pipe, so whilst I'm there, do you think I should get it mapped or leave it standard, on the basis it's only 6 months into the warranty period?

Having watched the ECUtech GT-R video, I'm thinking it might we worth getting.

Thoughts?
You won't notice much if any difference with a stage 1 map, just a tiny bit screamier and maybe pull 20 feet or so over your stock car over half a mile or so.

It would also void the warranty for engine/gearbox issues, so an extra 1200 quid for the new warranty.

Has it not been optimised at all yet? The first one is at 1200 miles but they won't do the first service at that mileage, that's at 12 mnths or 9k miles. If you do over 9k miles per year you just get an oil change at 9k, then a service at 12k.