GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Undecided.....map or not to map....
View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Trevgtr
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy_Jersey View Post
I'll be at 1200 miles by the time I get there. Problem is, the boat both ways and overnight stay is £500. 12 months would be in 5 months time so seems like a no brainer not to get the service done now, albeit early.

Does the map include the ecutek bluetooth hardware or that an extra?
My previous GT-R was mapped by Litchfield but that was before the phone app thing was around, so I don't know but I expect it's extra. I paid extra at the time for an Ecutek cable.

Are you happy voiding stock warranty or would you want the extra warranty? A lot of people have the gearbox software too but you don't need it.

Trouble is, where are you going to take it for the 12mnth optimisation? It's due when the car is 12 mnths old, not 12 mnths following the 1200 mile optimisation. Normally the first service would be done at the same time as the 12 mnth optimisation.

There is a 620 mile tolerance allowed on the 1200 mile optimisation (so 1820 miles) and car must be less than 9 mnths old, and a +/- 2 mnth tolerance allowed on the 12 mnth optimisation (official NHPC tolerances).