GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Undecided.....map or not to map....
View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2017, 11:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Chippy_Jersey
Chippy_Jersey is a newbie
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevgtr View Post
My previous GT-R was mapped by Litchfield but that was before the phone app thing was around, so I don't know but I expect it's extra. I paid extra at the time for an Ecutek cable.

Are you happy voiding stock warranty or would you want the extra warranty? A lot of people have the gearbox software too but you don't need it.

Trouble is, where are you going to take it for the 12mnth optimisation? It's due when the car is 12 mnths old, not 12 mnths following the 1200 mile optimisation. Normally the first service would be done at the same time as the 12 mnth optimisation.

There is a 620 mile tolerance allowed on the 1200 mile optimisation (so 1820 miles) and car must be less than 9 mnths old, and a +/- 2 mnth tolerance allowed on the 12 mnth optimisation (official NHPC tolerances).
Now that's a bit of a bugger - didn't know that. I thought it was at the 1200 mile mark and then every 12 months. I might just have to suck it up and do another trip in November then, although the car had only covered 400 miles between last November and when I bought the car in April, so maybe I'll be able to pinch the date a bit. I don't do a huge mileage each year anyway - 4k at the most!