GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - V~Power or Tesco Momentum - 2017
View Single Post
Old 13th June 2017, 12:34 PM   #161 (permalink)
AndyE14
AndyE14 is Enjoying my new Orange GTR
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: GTR R35
Quote:
Originally Posted by njd View Post
The Mrs gets ordinary 4 star for her car (Lexus) from Costco and it is always at least 5p a litre cheaper than Shell.
On Saturday I noticed they have 99 Ron fuel at £1.15 - it is only 2 miles from home so I am going to fill up with this next time - has anyone had any experience of it?

My only concern is that every time I go into Costco I end up buying catering size packs of everything that end up lasting for bloody ages - hopefully they don't have a minimum quantity of 100 gallons

I have used shell V power 99% of the time in the 8 years I have had the car which is at stage 4.25. Sometimes it runs absolutely brilliantly but occasionally it seems 'a bit rough' I have never thought to consider if that might be due to fuel sitting at the forecourt or in my tank for a while as sometimes I can go 3 weeks plus without refilling.
See above, it isn't just 99 RON they brand it Kirkland Signature, their signature items they stand behind in terms of quality and I probably have more confidence in Costco than the average independent Shell Garage.

I have been running mine almost exclusively on Costco fuel for over a year now.