GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Nearside shocks leaking
View Single Post
Old 30th July 2017, 08:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
afsar.imam
afsar.imam is at work...
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Cars owned: Nissan GTR, Nissan LEAF and a Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevgtr View Post
Just watched the video, would be easier for me not to comment, so please don't take it the wrong way, but the overtake at 2 minutes 30 secs was a classic head-on collison scenario.

The majority of drivers don't actually look left when pulling out of a junction/lay-by/driveway and turning left, they have their head cranked to the right and swing straight out to the left, not even considering that something may be overtaking and hence on the wrong side of the road. It's the cause of most head-ons. You passed 3 entrances on the right as you overtook the tractor, which anything could have emerged from turning towards you with their head cranked to the right.

It's easier for me to keep my mouth shut to not appear patronising, so please don't take it the wrong way, but just waiting till you passed the junction/entrance hazards would have been a safe overtake. Also, you pulled right too early behind the tractor and maximised your time exposed to danger on the wrong side, better to close the gap first and get into a 'contact position' with the tractor.
That's camera wide-angle view which is mounted in dead centre. From driver's perspective road ahead was clearly visible, if you see I pulled out in the middle of road and view was pretty clear and no vehicle was seen in a any position which can pull out in any direction. At that point there was no point in backing off so I proceeded with the overtake. I never take undue risks specially when in a GTR I get your point about vehicles hidden away from view but there is no much which can be done about it, it will be bad luck.

Last edited by afsar.imam; 30th July 2017 at 09:03 PM..
afsar.imam is offline   Reply With Quote