GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Birmingham recent Mercedes key fob scanned, and car stolen Eeeek! (Video)
View Single Post
Old 27th November 2017, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chronos
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla ALL year round
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Exclamation Birmingham recent /R35 + Mercedes key fob scanned, and car stolen/open Eeeek! (Video)

Hi,

You seen this video troops? Not long ago in birmingham, thieves keyfob scanning codes outside the house , and stealing the car without the fob.. This is why autowatch ghost is needed nowadays I reckon! video - 'Relay crime' theft caught on camera - BBC News

One thing as the report says, It might be worth investing in a Disklok Disklok UK type device, as even on the video it looks like the thief looks quickly inside the front window with a torch, possibly looking for this type of device that would slow them down, or maybe make it more/too much hassle to steal.... ....thoughts?

I've heard of this happening on Mercedes and BMW's now!

It seem's lot of cars now key fobs ping out a signal, so you Can open the car door by just pressing the touch sensitive button on the door, when having the fob in your pocket, so you don't need to press anything on the fob, as long as the fob is in the vicinity of the car, so the thieves are scanning the code somehow from the fob in the house, and then replicating the code to the 2nd device which somehow authenticates it, and the car unlocks. Its scary stuff.! Not Nissan yet from what i've seen. That's why people need autowatch ghost now, as even with the keys, you can't start the car without a special dash/steering wheel button combo. About £350 installed check it https://www.autowatch.co.uk/products...-ghost-product , mines getting it soon!

R35 GT-R Black Edition ACSpeedtech remap/Forged Engine-Carrillo rods/CP pistons/HKS cams Dodson:Linney HD gearset uprated gearbox +2013software/Greddy Intercooler/Russ Fellows exhaust+Downpipes/ASNU 1050 Injectors/ACSpeedtech intakes/MPS4S 265~305/Alcon Extreme duty discs+Hawk pads

Last edited by Chronos; 8th March 2018 at 12:31 PM..
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote