GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Birmingham recent Mercedes key fob scanned, and car stolen Eeeek! (Video)
View Single Post
Old 28th November 2017, 11:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Takamo
Takamo is Living the Dream... Alhumdulillah (thanks to God)
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, R35 GTR and many many more!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonh View Post
a ford RS still managed to get stolen with a ghost system fitted
Yes it was, because the Ford Rs has a crap canbus system and the only way it'll work on them is to fit a separate relay which cuts the starter circuit out, so basically if bump started then no need for starter motor. I personally don't recommend them for any vehicle that requires a separate relay to be fitted, I only fit to vehicles where it immobilises the car through the can system directly and the only way to Override it would be to physically remove the ghost which if fitted to a high quality standard would be near impossible without literally replacing the whole loom because it's soo small that it can literally fit anywhere.I've been in the vehicle security industry for 33yrs and I literally test all new products on my own vehicles and if I can see any floors in it then I don't offer that product because I have a good name in the industry and that's more important to me, I'd rather sit down and have a cup of tea then supply and fit product that I know doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Official Dealers of:
Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser
Smartrack Trackers, Toad, Scorpion & Blackvue

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!

Last edited by Takamo; 28th November 2017 at 11:33 AM..
Takamo is offline   Reply With Quote