competition to win my R34 gtr - Page 4 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > For Sale & Wanted > Private: For Sale - CARS ONLY > R34 - All models
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree63Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28th April 2018, 01:13 PM   #61 (permalink)
jdm4life is fully aware they can edit their status but doesn't see the point
New Users

If it seems too good to be true.............................................. ..........
Old 28th April 2018, 04:16 PM   #62 (permalink)
Trev is Team Sheldrake Racing
Registered

Cars owned: R32 GT-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigr20 View Post
car will be up for sale the conventional way probably go to someone who will store it and never use it.
You must be hugely naive to think that wouldnít happen or be instantly sold for £60+k, all for the cost of a £30 ticket.
Old 28th April 2018, 04:30 PM   #63 (permalink)
bladerider is naked and covered in peanut butter....maybe !!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Alas, some Germans at the moment !!
Go easy on him lads,

I'll vouch for Jacks integrity 100%

I've known him since before he got the 34, we've helped him and done work on this and previous cars of his and his friends and I know that him and his friends are all very hard working guys with a huge passion for cars - they're all sparkies, plumbers etc, not rich young numpties like so many with flash cars these days.

Im certain he just wanted this to be a fun and unusual thing, and while that may be naive its better than how most people operate now, sadly.

I have no doubt whatsoever that he wasn't in this to make a bundle, pull the wool or do anything underhanded. Shame it didn't come off.

J.
GTRNICK, matty32, MS33 and 1 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 28th April 2018, 04:39 PM   #64 (permalink)
GTRNICK is Chillin
New Users

Cars owned: Porsche 997 Turbo, U.K. R34 GTR V-spec Black, New Smart
Bloody hell guys leave the young lad alone. He tried something different and it didn't work out. He will sort out what needs to be sorted out. This thread should be closed.
bladerider and MS33 like this.
Old 28th April 2018, 04:57 PM   #65 (permalink)
matty32 is In tokyo
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerider View Post
Go easy on him lads,

I'll vouch for Jacks integrity 100%

I've known him since before he got the 34, we've helped him and done work on this and previous cars of his and his friends and I know that him and his friends are all very hard working guys with a huge passion for cars - they're all sparkies, plumbers etc, not rich young numpties like so many with flash cars these days.

Im certain he just wanted this to be a fun and unusual thing, and while that may be naive its better than how most people operate now, sadly.

I have no doubt whatsoever that he wasn't in this to make a bundle, pull the wool or do anything underhanded. Shame it didn't come off.

J.
totally agree, the issue is tho, you have alot of people who will say you changed the rules and want their money back, putting him out of pocket

sad, but peopled joined a prize to win a 34 not £15k.
Old 28th April 2018, 05:01 PM   #66 (permalink)
Mookistar is so happy to be out of Skyline ownership
Site Admin.

Cars owned: Mookiwagen Passat and a good nights sleep
Matt. He didn’t change the rules. It was clearly stated from day 1 that a cash alternative would be offered if he didn’t sell enough tickets

If someone bought one without reading the rules that is their issue. I can’t fault the OP and his approach, he’s done it 100% by the book. Was always gonna be a struggle though.
JapFreak786 likes this.
Old 28th April 2018, 05:35 PM   #67 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty32 View Post
totally agree, the issue is tho, you have alot of people who will say you changed the rules and want their money back, putting him out of pocket

sad, but peopled joined a prize to win a 34 not £15k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookistar View Post
Matt. He didnít change the rules. It was clearly stated from day 1 that a cash alternative would be offered if he didnít sell enough tickets

If someone bought one without reading the rules that is their issue. I canít fault the OP and his approach, heís done it 100% by the book. Was always gonna be a struggle though.
Yep,

He put it very clearly from day one that if all the tickets didn't sell it would become a cash prize - hence why I didn't buy a few tickets as I knew it would never reach the 2000 mark and whilst I'd sell a kidney for his 34 I could't give a toss about 15k lol

Old 28th April 2018, 06:04 PM   #68 (permalink)
bigr20 is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerider View Post
Yep,

He put it very clearly from day one that if all the tickets didn't sell it would become a cash prize - hence why I didn't buy a few tickets as I knew it would never reach the 2000 mark and whilst I'd sell a kidney for his 34 I could't give a toss about 15k lol
Thanks blade

2000 was a gamble but I tried 1000 at £60 and it was to much for people so I had to change it.
I know the cars not worth 60k, the 60k from sales covered all the costs and the car.

cars worth late forties maybe 50k tops but it's all relative to who's buying.

I've been honest throughout this whole thing and not once have I lied or mislead people.
Its had the exposure, over a million people reached on adverts, 140,000+ website hits, there's even 350+ abandoned carts which would total around 1200 tickets if they purchased.
also I had horrendous issues with PayPal which really set me back for two weeks.

It was do able but the time frames were wrong, there's also 6 other competitons like this now running, so complete market saturation.

The most annoying thing is I feel like I've let people down when I've tried my hardest, and after 3 months hard work I get nothing from it but that's just how the cookie crumbles.

on a side note most of the people on Facebook are fine with what's happened with the exception of one person who messaged me and was pissed off, which is undertstandle.
we talked and he eventually saw the situation from my side aswell.

most of the grief from this competiton ending has come from this thread.

agian sorry to anyone who bought a ticket, I didn't start this to have it fail.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 28th April 2018, 06:05 PM   #69 (permalink)
simGTR is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Where can I get a ticket to win 15k?
Old 28th April 2018, 06:20 PM   #70 (permalink)
samu23 is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

A shame to see this not reach its target, I bought a few tickets as the R34 is my dream car.

Thanks for trying though, great idea!
Old 8th May 2018, 03:44 PM   #71 (permalink)
anthonymcgrath is probably succumbing to gravity... lemme check.. yep.. still there funnily enough

Cars owned: R33 gtst
hey chaps just wanted to say hi and apparently i won wow lol ticket 525 yay

i honestly never expected this - i was stunned when i got the phone call and email - i've literally never won anything sizeable until now.

its a huge shame the 34gtr didn't go up for sale and in all honesty if someone would pass me a pretty penny for my silly spec 32 gtr i'd actually look into this car... altho wife says her supercharged mustang is first in line lol

regarding the money... its likely some/most/nearly-all of it will end up going on a replacement hip and physio and docs appointments.

I've had health beyond hell over 2017 and into 2018 yep thats right... replacement hip at 42... i have 10 years of crazy skating as a kid, 25 years of martial arts and some seriously hard slam-openings under a parachute to thank for that.. not to mention two parents who suffer from osteo arthritis so basically i'm stuffed.
I paid out my pocket for spine/steroid injections earlier this year and i'm not done yet. Easy come easy go it seems. I've been a medicated zombie this year doped up for months on buckets of tablets that basically make me drool and in jan/feb i was basically unable to walk and seriously wondering if i'm one bad twist away from paralysis. its not been a fun time especially when i was down in London last year on Thor Ragnarok without my family and hobbling around in pain.

anyway just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know. I'll get a little vid up soon.
To everyone that entered i'm sorry you didn't win but like i say hip surgery is next for me, so thats where basically this money will end up going (fyi 3 year waiting list on NHS assuming your liver doesn't fail from the tablets) - thankyou for entering and giving me a chance at keeping my legs ...i cant find the heart emoji on here sadly.

ta
ant
long-time gtroc goober.
Old 8th May 2018, 03:52 PM   #72 (permalink)
simGTR is unaware they can edit their status

Crikey, hope the money comes in handy. Couldn't have gone to a better cause tbh. If anyone was wondering where there £30 went, here it is.. great ending.
Old 8th May 2018, 04:01 PM   #73 (permalink)
Irish35 is looking for a GTR

Can't argue with that outcome!
Old 8th May 2018, 04:32 PM   #74 (permalink)
matty32 is In tokyo
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymcgrath View Post

i honestly never expected this - i was stunned when i got the phone call and email - i've literally never won anything sizeable until now.

its a huge shame the 34gtr didn't go up for sale and in all honesty if someone would pass me a pretty penny for my silly spec 32 gtr i'd actually look into this car... altho wife says her supercharged mustang is first in line lol

regarding the money... its likely some/most/nearly-all of it will end up going on a replacement hip and physio and docs appointments.

I've had health beyond hell over 2017 and into 2018 yep thats right... replacement hip at 42... i have 10 years of crazy skating as a kid, 25 years of martial arts and some seriously hard slam-openings under a parachute to thank for that.. not to mention two parents who suffer from osteo arthritis so basically i'm stuffed.
I paid out my pocket for spine/steroid injections earlier this year and i'm not done yet. Easy come easy go it seems. I've been a medicated zombie this year doped up for months on buckets of tablets that basically make me drool and in jan/feb i was basically unable to walk and seriously wondering if i'm one bad twist away from paralysis. its not been a fun time especially when i was down in London last year on Thor Ragnarok without my family and hobbling around in pain.

anyway just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know. I'll get a little vid up soon.
To everyone that entered i'm sorry you didn't win but like i say hip surgery is next for me, so thats where basically this money will end up going (fyi 3 year waiting list on NHS assuming your liver doesn't fail from the tablets) - thankyou for entering and giving me a chance at keeping my legs ...i cant find the heart emoji on here sadly.

ta
ant
long-time gtroc goober.

good news on the win.

if you had private tho, they do it within 4 weeks

i know someone who had a similar situation to you know at 35

chin up, there is light at the end of the tunnel
Mookistar and anthonymcgrath like this.
Old 8th May 2018, 04:51 PM   #75 (permalink)
asiasi is .
Registered

Thumbs up

Quote:

ta
ant
long-time gtroc goober.
Well done and all the best with op and rehab
Old 8th May 2018, 05:45 PM   #76 (permalink)
CHRISSID6 is unaware they can edit their status

That's great news in a not so great situation but I'm glad my £30 went to a good cause and a true skyline enthusiast.
Fingers crossed for you
Old 8th May 2018, 06:28 PM   #77 (permalink)
jdm4life is fully aware they can edit their status but doesn't see the point
New Users

A private hip op can be circa 11-14k and you'll be hobbling around with 3-5 days. Could go Panama and have some stem cell shots in there but they arent cheap.

My spines ****ed and it's no picnic to live with that kind of issue. Did a lot of bike trials and also martial arts so takes it's toll. Until they can remake/3d print new spines in carbon fiber and discs from some even better material looks like Im stuck with it.

Good luck.
anthonymcgrath likes this.

Last edited by jdm4life; 8th May 2018 at 07:37 PM..
Old 8th May 2018, 07:07 PM   #78 (permalink)
anthonymcgrath is probably succumbing to gravity... lemme check.. yep.. still there funnily enough

Cars owned: R33 gtst
Hey guys thanks for the kind words. Yeah hip ops and the supporting stuff (physio and doc meetings each side of the op) are super expensive privately.. that 11-14k is not far off at all.
I have to look at that option simply because the nhs said it's 3 yrs waiting list if not more and in that time the number of meds I'm taking to dull the constant pain will basically pack in my liver. This is our fabulous health system at work.. deprive a taxpayer of 20 years (who just wants to work) and junk them up on meds (that I pay for) until something packs in and I'm out the door.. or in a mobility scooter :-/

This money gives me a chance to make a proper call on my life and future health so thankyou so much everyone truly.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Mookistar, CHRISSID6 and jdm4life like this.
Old 8th May 2018, 08:00 PM   #79 (permalink)
bigr20 is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Quote:
Hey guys thanks for the kind words. Yeah hip ops and the supporting stuff (physio and doc meetings each side of the op) are super expensive privately.. that 11-14k is not far off at all.
I have to look at that option simply because the nhs said it's 3 yrs waiting list if not more and in that time the number of meds I'm taking to dull the constant pain will basically pack in my liver. This is our fabulous health system at work.. deprive a taxpayer of 20 years (who just wants to work) and junk them up on meds (that I pay for) until something packs in and I'm out the door.. or in a mobility scooter :-/

This money gives me a chance to make a proper call on my life and future health so thankyou so much everyone truly.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
I'm glad the money went to someone who truly needed it, and it means you get to keep your r32 instead of selling to pay for the opp.

I'm still gutted that the prize wasn't the R34 but I tried my best.

As I said to you earlier the check is on its way and should be with you tomorrow, don't forget to take a picture and a video so I can put it up on the page and shut some people up.

congratulations again and I do hope the operation all goes well and your recovery is quick and easy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 8th May 2018, 11:45 PM   #80 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Well done one the win chap

Know exactly how you feel about the ops and such !!

Well done for trying Jack, I'll take it off ya for 40k mate :thumbs:
anthonymcgrath likes this.

Closed Thread