Clutch gear settings at stage 4.25 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan GT-R > Technical Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jds123

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th March 2018, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
alex_bg is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Clutch gear settings at stage 4.25

Hey everyone. Just completed my stage 4.25. Remap done by Litchfield remotely including TCM. The car pulls strong but the gear shifting is quite...different. In R mode the shifts are firm and fast as it should be. In auto and normal though the gear shifts are not smooth. In fact shifting is much firmer that original. 2nd gear is pain in the [email protected] with light load. Prior clutch gear learn my CC and TP were all 0/0/0/0 done by dealer during POS. After TCM flash and relearn they were still 0/0/0/0. So my question is-how do you guys with 4.25 keep your CC for town driving? Do not want to sound like a sissy but I would prefer smoother shiftings in the city traffic. Thanks for your replies.

Last edited by alex_bg; 31st March 2018 at 07:37 PM..
alex_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2018, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bump. Anyone?
Old 1st April 2018, 09:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
jds123 is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

I am also stage 4.25 and recently had an issue which was a bit different in that I was getting some slip mid gear my settings were 0,0,0,0 after doing a clutch relearn, however I then had Litchfield investigate the issue for me, and they updated to the latest gearbox software, following this they set it to -1.-1.-1,-1 which felt really smooth in everyday driving.

However the slip came back so I am now experimenting but +1,+1,+1,+1 has worked well so far (although a bit harsher)

The thread at the link below is quite informative and the illustration shows the effect different settings have.

Clutch Capacities and Touch Points - Transmission & Drivetrain - GT-R Life
alex_bg likes this.

Old 2nd April 2018, 08:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds123 View Post
I am also stage 4.25 and recently had an issue which was a bit different in that I was getting some slip mid gear my settings were 0,0,0,0 after doing a clutch relearn, however I then had Litchfield investigate the issue for me, and they updated to the latest gearbox software, following this they set it to -1.-1.-1,-1 which felt really smooth in everyday driving.

However the slip came back so I am now experimenting but +1,+1,+1,+1 has worked well so far (although a bit harsher)

The thread at the link below is quite informative and the illustration shows the effect different settings have.

Clutch Capacities and Touch Points - Transmission & Drivetrain - GT-R Life
Thanks a lot! Very informative the illustration. Will try different settings, now that I know what to adjust.
Old 21st April 2018, 12:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Albins Trans, 20 plate clutch,102mm exhaust / Intakes, Syvecs AWD BL FMIC,GT3282, Forged engine, GTR Perf map.1101whp
Ive had the change into 2nd harshly a few times so set that to -1 , however on strip I up capacities to +4