r33 gtr hks v-cam build burning oil - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29th March 2018, 12:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
rageyourdream is unaware they can edit their status, no I am not.....
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

r33 gtr hks v-cam build burning oil

Hi all

I noticed lately I am going through quite a bit of oil, I have checked for leaks etc and can see no signs of any and logged my oil pressure which seems perfectly consistent

I think I am getting oil bleed through the turbo exhaust BB seals under WOT max boost as when I shift I get a puff of white smoke out the back, this is the only time it happens or the car displays any smoke at all

I have a full HKS engine, with v-cam, hks oil pump, 2.8 stroked, hks head and hks 2530-KAI turbos running 700bhp

oil pressure reads about 8 bar on WOT shift and my average oil pressure while driving normally is about 6 bar with idle being 3 bar, using FUCHS 10w60 oil

I was wondering if maybe I need to add a smaller restrictor in the turbo oil feed as it was allowing to much oil through from the pressure, I think the 2530-kai come with 1mm restrictor banjo bolts, perhaps I should change to 0.8mm ?

any insights would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance all

Last edited by rageyourdream; 29th March 2018 at 12:41 AM..
rageyourdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2018, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Spiidfriik is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Cars owned: Skyline GT-R R33, Celica GT-Four ST205, Eagle Talon TSi G1b, M5 Touring E34
Oil smoke is usualy blue.
Do you have a catch can for crank ventilation? My R33 drains a lot of oil through the ventilation on WOT. Will fit Mines baffles in valve covers and hope its not massive blow-by in the bottom end causing it.
Old 5th April 2018, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
rageyourdream is unaware they can edit their status, no I am not.....
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiidfriik View Post
Oil smoke is usualy blue.
Do you have a catch can for crank ventilation? My R33 drains a lot of oil through the ventilation on WOT. Will fit Mines baffles in valve covers and hope its not massive blow-by in the bottom end causing it.
Hi there

Yeah I have a catch can and it seems to be venting well, it isn't filling up or anything.

Maybe it is slightly blue, hard to tell when on WOT driving along lol

The bumper has a bit of oily residue which is what leads me to believe it is where my oil seems to be going

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk