Nismo GTR's - what's the deal with them? - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th April 2018, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chou is ..boosted
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Nismo GTR's - what's the deal with them?

Aren't they selling?

Very low numbers produced for the UK, yet questionable demand for them

MY15 Nismo's can be had for £110k now - surely that's a good buy in terms of residuals
Old 30th April 2018, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Will64 is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Noble m12, Audi b7 Rs4, Mercedes C63, Range Rover Evoque, R35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chou View Post
Aren't they selling?

Very low numbers produced for the UK, yet questionable demand for them

MY15 Nismo's can be had for £110k now - surely that's a good buy in terms of residuals
I think you will find that they are even lower than that!

They are just too expensive in the first place, the MY17 was £26k more than the MY15 making it £70k more than the standard Gtr!
Old 30th April 2018, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Trev is Team Sheldrake Racing
Registered

Cars owned: R32 GT-R
£150,000 for the then “revised” MY‘17 - that’s why.

Especially as the “Track Edition” was as good in nearly every department and £££££’s cheaper.

The MY’15 is the one to have though.

Old 30th April 2018, 07:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
james_barker is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Pick up a Hurracan for 150k now. Sorry but a nismo (amazing though it is) wouldn't get a look in for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
dazzabb and L6DJX like this.
Old 30th April 2018, 07:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fuggles is at Nissan GT-R London
Registered

Cars owned: none
A new NISMO with a few minor adds is Ferrari 458 territory or close to a Lamborghini Huracan price. Accepted not both of these will retain their value, and I doubt one of them will be good for your back on a long drive but it does put the NISMO GT-R in a completely different category. Whether it's worth it depends entirely on the buyer and what you want from the car. For sure, it's not your average GT-R!
Old 30th April 2018, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Henry 145 is without a GTR
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: M4 CP, R35GTR X 3, B8 RS4, 997 GT2, 997 GT3, 997TT, 996TT, Evo IX FQ-360, E46M3, RR Vogue and RRS TD V8
Have to say with Audi R8 Plus at circa £100k I would have that over a NISMO as awesome as it is
Old 30th April 2018, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Will64 is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Noble m12, Audi b7 Rs4, Mercedes C63, Range Rover Evoque, R35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuggles View Post
A new NISMO with a few minor adds is Ferrari 458 territory or close to a Lamborghini Huracan price. Accepted not both of these will retain their value, and I doubt one of them will be good for your back on a long drive but it does put the NISMO GT-R in a completely different category. Whether it's worth it depends entirely on the buyer and what you want from the car. For sure, it's not your average GT-R!
If the new nismo was priced around the £125k mark then I think Nissan would sell a lot more, I would certainly have been interested. I think they are very impressive and exclusive.
Old 1st May 2018, 05:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
vxrcymru is a carbon fetishist
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR Stage 5 & Evo X FQ400
£125k plus carbon breaks, that would be a great package.
MonacoMaven likes this.
Black MY2010 Black Edition, Litchfield Stage 5 - Switzer P800 turbos, Litchfield suspension, Alcon 400mm front and 380mm back discs with Pagid pads, circlips, front and rear cameras, auto folding mirrors & lots of CF. Advan RSD wheels!
vxrcymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2018, 07:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
CT17 is probably in an R34 GT-R.
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: A GT-R... and some others.
As Trev said, track edition has a lot of the improvements the Nismo has over a standard GT-R but it's £10k more, where the Nismo is £70k more.

It just doesn't add up to me at all!

Track edition has wider front wings and the Nismo front hubs, suspension, wheels, bonded chassis and improvements underneath as well.
I really don't get why the track edition does not sell more when just £10k over the standard car. I couldn't go back to standard GT-R now.
And the Track Edition being so good is exactly why I would not pay £60k more for a Nismo, just the get the body styling and a few other bits.

Then there is the fact it's a £150k Nissan... and still comes with steel brakes. Seriously. It should carbon ceramic brakes 100% for that price!
Simonh, Trev and Mr.B like this.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2018, 07:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
MonacoMaven is unaware they can edit their status

There are some pictures of the NISMO with ceramic brakes floating around.
I am wondering if its a "special" or a facelift for 2018/2019.

I am very tempted to get one, and the brakes would be a deciding factor for sure.

CT17 your car is perfect!
I am finding it very difficult to get a LHD car in track edition and the LM20 upgrades without getting very close to NISMO money.
with the limited numbers the NISMO could/should become a collectable, but who knows.

VW products in this price range are nice but do you guys honestly get excited by an R8?
Old 1st May 2018, 11:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Chou is ..boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT17 View Post
Track edition has wider front wings and the Nismo front hubs, suspension, wheels, bonded chassis and improvements underneath as well.
I really don't get why the track edition does not sell more when just £10k over the standard car. I couldn't go back to standard GT-R now.
Are the Track Edition's getting the same discounts as regular MY17's?

Maybe that's why.
Old 1st May 2018, 02:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Grimblin Gibbon is Saying its all for the Greater Good!
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMaven View Post
There are some pictures of the NISMO with ceramic brakes floating around.
I am wondering if its a "special" or a facelift for 2018/2019.

I am very tempted to get one, and the brakes would be a deciding factor for sure.

CT17 your car is perfect!
I am finding it very difficult to get a LHD car in track edition and the LM20 upgrades without getting very close to NISMO money.
with the limited numbers the NISMO could/should become a collectable, but who knows.

VW products in this price range are nice but do you guys honestly get excited by an R8?
The pictures floating around with Carbon ceramics on the Nismo are of mine I believe. Iain Litchfield fitted them for me last year.
CT17 likes this.
Old 1st May 2018, 02:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimblin Gibbon View Post
The pictures floating around with Carbon ceramics on the Nismo are of mine I believe. Iain Litchfield fitted them for me last year.
Nice, the pics I saw had covered up fender louvres as well. Is that your?
If so, KUDOS
Old 1st May 2018, 03:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Chou is ..boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chou View Post
Are the Track Edition's getting the same discounts as regular MY17's?

Maybe that's why.
My local dealer has offered £5k dealer contribution and 3 years servicing for £350

Minimum 6 month wait, however
Old 1st May 2018, 11:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
GTR Rush is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
As Trev said, track edition has a lot of the improvements the Nismo has over a standard GT-R but it's £10k more, where the Nismo is £70k more.

It just doesn't add up to me at all!

And the Track Edition being so good is exactly why I would not pay £60k more for a Nismo, just the get the body styling and a few other bits.

Then there is the fact it's a £150k Nissan... and still comes with steel brakes. Seriously. It should carbon ceramic brakes 100% for that price!
Anything i have seen about the track pack has always said, 10k can not be justified? but the Nismo has gone around the ring 7.08 and thats without carbon brakes, i dont see many cars getting round there quicker on the list, so Nismo must be doing something right.

Nissan would have given the car the power they thought they needed, and set up the chassis and suspension, everything perfectly balanced.
I'm sure Nissan could justify the price difference with the r&d thats gone into it. If they had wanted to bolt on a few bits, and put carbon breaks they could have easily. Maybe the car could achieve what they set out to do 7.08 without carbon breaks? Maybe the breaks would have helped, maybe not but i bet Nismo know the difference, and that might be the reason why it has not got them.
Old 2nd May 2018, 04:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Trev is Team Sheldrake Racing
Registered

Cars owned: R32 GT-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR Rush View Post
Anything i have seen about the track pack has always said, 10k can not be justified? but the Nismo has gone around the ring 7.08 and thats without carbon brakes, i dont see many cars getting round there quicker on the list, so Nismo must be doing something right.

Nissan would have given the car the power they thought they needed, and set up the chassis and suspension, everything perfectly balanced.
I'm sure Nissan could justify the price difference with the r&d thats gone into it. If they had wanted to bolt on a few bits, and put carbon breaks they could have easily. Maybe the car could achieve what they set out to do 7.08 without carbon breaks? Maybe the breaks would have helped, maybe not but i bet Nismo know the difference, and that might be the reason why it has not got them.
The Nismo you speak of had £80k worth of “extras” and isn’t the basic Nismo you buy from the dealerships.

7:08 is the N Attack package Nismo.

But either way, still doesn’t have carbon ceramic brakes - odd, as it would have been quicker with them.
CT17 likes this.
Old 2nd May 2018, 07:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
CT17 is probably in an R34 GT-R.
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: A GT-R... and some others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR Rush View Post

As Trev said.
The options pack was many, many thousands extra on the older shape Nismo.
In fact when that shape Nismo came out they didn't even have an exact price for the N attack pack, it was sold and fitted later, after you already had the car.

Yes the car does exist (there is 1 in the UK) that did that ring time, but it's nothing like a Nismo the local dealer has. Which is mostly a track edition with Nismo body styling and interior tweaks.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2018, 05:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
The Nismo you speak of had £80k worth of “extras” and isn’t the basic Nismo you buy from the dealerships.

7:08 is the N Attack package Nismo.

But either way, still doesn’t have carbon ceramic brakes - odd, as it would have been quicker with them.
Nissan didn't do an official lap time in the spec v, interesting to know if the breaks were that good, maybe the improvement wasn't big enough. Like the Nismo with the N attack package, we do not know how much slower it would be around the ring without it, maybe the difference in both cases wouldn't be a big as you think?
Old 2nd May 2018, 05:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
As Trev said.
The options pack was many, many thousands extra on the older shape Nismo.
In fact when that shape Nismo came out they didn't even have an exact price for the N attack pack, it was sold and fitted later, after you already had the car.

Yes the car does exist (there is 1 in the UK) that did that ring time, but it's nothing like a Nismo the local dealer has. Which is mostly a track edition with Nismo body styling and interior tweaks.
The N attack pack is also available for your car.
Old 3rd May 2018, 08:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

Anyone on this forum owning the latest version NISMO?
Would love to hear owner input.