about LED Headlights - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan GT-R > R35 - "How to" and DIY guides
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alent1952

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12th May 2018, 08:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Alent1952 is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

about LED Headlights

Hi all, while I am mechanically disapproved - I am not overcome enough to chip away at the motor of my R35 - yet with regards to connect to/plug out things - I will give it a go. So here is my most recent information onto the gathering - Hope you like.

I have not been awed with the GTR's side marker front pointers for some time. I realize that Tommy Kiria offers a LED set yet they are extremely costly for what they are. An on-line store has an arrangement of LED lights that have six hello splendid orange LEDs and a kind of bolt that enlightens. I obtained a set and sat tight for seven days for them to arrive. They are awesome units - in spite of the fact that I would lean toward the bolt to enlighten orange in the meantime as alternate LEDS.

So to settle the issue:

I opened the units up by evacuating the two screws and running a sharp blade around the base and clear focal point to isolate the unit. Inside is a circuit board for the LEDS and another with 11 surface mounted LED's.

Not having any desire to unsolder and supplant the surface mounted LEDs - I swindled and utilized two of the golden cellophane wrappers that cover a prominent toffee penny sweet and secured the LEDS. As the LEDs dont get warm - there is no issue of the cellophane softening. At that point it was a straightforward instance of re-gathering the light unit and interfacing the free wire to the positive of the pointer bit - and hello presto - the entire unit illuminates golden.
Old 12th May 2018, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
BigKriss is Cruiz`n a little..
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Ek het geen fokken idee wat jy hier gese het nie ! :-)