Diss’s GTR project. - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan GT-R > R35 GT-R Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Diss020
  • 2 Post By charles charlie
  • 1 Post By charles charlie
  • 1 Post By Diss020

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2018, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diss020 is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Diss’s GTR project.

So my name’s Ian and I’ve owned my GTR for 4 months. The car gets used for mainly for weekend drives, and occationaly drag it, nothing too serious.

As a goal project I’m still deciding between 800hp or 1000hp. Still requires alot more driving to decide for sure.

My first upgrades are :
HKS Fuel pumps
HKS Actuators
HKS Racing mufflers silenced version
Tracklab Carbon 3” intake
ID1050X injectors

This will be it for this year as I have just gotten engaged , hopefully next year I will either get an intercooler, or start the gearbox. We’ll see, definetly exciting to learn all I can from all the other owners around here, certainly exciting already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dinny likes this.
Old 16th May 2018, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
charles charlie is chasing a Veyron from 30-130mph
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(
So glad I wasted my time offering advice and discussing the futility of pissing around with aftermarket actuators on stock turbos FFS...
Stealth69 and motors like this.

Engine built @ RiversideRacing
Litcho rods/pistons/RaceIC/BOVs/oil cooler/susp+handling kit/front diff
Race Developments ported manifold/AT Power TBs
RF street zorst+DPs
RacingBrake BBK
Xtreme18 Clutch/Dodson 1st gear+shaft/trans brace
2015 alloys/nav upgrade/Nismo cluster
DSC susp controller
DBA front/Varis CF bonnet/2016 Lights
TTE7XX turbos = >900bhp 700lbsft 30-130mph in 8.19s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charles charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Stealth69 is touching himself furiously in a desperate bid to get warm
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Your tuner is an ill informed individual and not worth his weight in paperclips as a tune and you’re clearly a fool because you have been easily parted from your money!!

People spent time trying to help you out and you totally ignored every bit of it

Old 16th May 2018, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
simGTR is unaware they can edit their status

Is this currently on a stock tune?

Do you have many GTR tuners to choose from in Malta? Lovely island, been to Gozo 4 times.
Old 17th May 2018, 07:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Diss’s GTR project.

To “charles charlie” and “stealth69” with your help he priced match my hks pumps with asnu, as well as a good price overall. As for the actuators, he said he agrees with you charlie, but Monstakka (the actual guy that shall be sending us the tune) highly recommends it. Something about now keeping high boost at high speeds.

My main reason for going with this is the price and sitaution. In malta we only have 1 tuner that works on gtrs. The rest are practically scared to even touch em. My options where:
A) Use the only maltese tuner.
B) Fly it out to the uk and tune it in the uk.
C) Buy the parts myself and get the tuner to work with my parts.

Being as all my options ended up in the same price range I went for the easiest way out.
Charlie have you ever heard of Monstaka? It’s my first time gearing about them but I did some research and look like they know what they are doing. Again you’re the pro here so I might be wrong.

“Simgtr” this is currently on a gearbox and ecu remap by ecutek, tuner says it’s around 600hp. Like I said just 1 tuner, and gozo is awesome for the sun and beer

Last edited by Diss020; 17th May 2018 at 07:39 AM..
Diss020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 09:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
charles charlie is chasing a Veyron from 30-130mph
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(

Look at the torque plots for stock vs the HKS packages that run their uprated actuators. The plots taper by the same degree irrespective of stock or HKS actuators.

The key to making power from a turbocharged application is AIRFLOW not pressure. You cannot increase airflow from turbos being out of their efficiency envelope.

The stock turbos taper off regardless of actuator brand because they flow less at higher rpms as they are out of their efficiency envelope.

Doing an extensive search on google I cannot find a single graph from over 10 years of R35 tuning that proves aftermarket "uprated" actuators:

1. hold more boost than stock
2. deliver more power at any point on the rev range than stock

If I was in your position I would be wanting a money back guarantee on these. Tune and dyno with everything except the actuators, then retune and dyno after actuator install.

If there's bugger all difference they give you your money back.
Stealth69 likes this.

Engine built @ RiversideRacing
Litcho rods/pistons/RaceIC/BOVs/oil cooler/susp+handling kit/front diff
Race Developments ported manifold/AT Power TBs
RF street zorst+DPs
RacingBrake BBK
Xtreme18 Clutch/Dodson 1st gear+shaft/trans brace
2015 alloys/nav upgrade/Nismo cluster
DSC susp controller
DBA front/Varis CF bonnet/2016 Lights
TTE7XX turbos = >900bhp 700lbsft 30-130mph in 8.19s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charles charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles charlie View Post

Look at the torque plots for stock vs the HKS packages that run their uprated actuators. The plots taper by the same degree irrespective of stock or HKS actuators.

The key to making power from a turbocharged application is AIRFLOW not pressure. You cannot increase airflow from turbos being out of their efficiency envelope.

The stock turbos taper off regardless of actuator brand because they flow less at higher rpms as they are out of their efficiency envelope.

Doing an extensive search on google I cannot find a single graph from over 10 years of R35 tuning that proves aftermarket "uprated" actuators:

1. hold more boost than stock
2. deliver more power at any point on the rev range than stock

If I was in your position I would be wanting a money back guarantee on these. Tune and dyno with everything except the actuators, then retune and dyno after actuator install.

If there's bugger all difference they give you your money back.

Thats a pretty good idea charles. My tuner already knows I’m a bit sketchy on the actuators but keeps insisting. To me what you offered sounds highly reasonable, if they do what he promises that’s all good but other than that moneyback.

Old 17th May 2018, 10:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
dinny is CLUB MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diss020 View Post
To “charles charlie” and “stealth69” with your help he priced match my hks pumps with asnu, as well as a good price overall. As for the actuators, he said he agrees with you charlie, but Monstakka (the actual guy that shall be sending us the tune) highly recommends it. Something about now keeping high boost at high speeds.

My main reason for going with this is the price and sitaution. In malta we only have 1 tuner that works on gtrs. The rest are practically scared to even touch em. My options where:
A) Use the only maltese tuner.
B) Fly it out to the uk and tune it in the uk.
C) Buy the parts myself and get the tuner to work with my parts.

Being as all my options ended up in the same price range I went for the easiest way out.
Charlie have you ever heard of Monstaka? It’s my first time gearing about them but I did some research and look like they know what they are doing. Again you’re the pro here so I might be wrong.

“Simgtr” this is currently on a gearbox and ecu remap by ecutek, tuner says it’s around 600hp. Like I said just 1 tuner, and gozo is awesome for the sun and beer

hi having worked in malta for six months i enjoyed my trip also the excellent fireworks cant be beaten.. what i was thinking you would be better of with a good racing bicycle where in gods name can you open up the gtr there.. i know you can use the second world war runway at times... best of luck..
Old 18th May 2018, 05:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinny View Post
hi having worked in malta for six months i enjoyed my trip also the excellent fireworks cant be beaten.. what i was thinking you would be better of with a good racing bicycle where in gods name can you open up the gtr there.. i know you can use the second world war runway at times... best of luck..

Hahaha so true, I’m more of a midnight ride kinda guy

Old 18th May 2018, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Skint is unaware they can edit their status

Is there any hks products with true value to them. Most are rebranded anyway.
Old 26th May 2018, 04:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Diss’s GTR project.

So today I took my gtr to the strip, first time on a strip against the clock. Ran an 11.3 and was overall happy. Wanted to see what it would run before the parts got installed. Everything should arrive on Monday

dinny likes this.

Last edited by Diss020; 26th May 2018 at 11:16 PM..
Diss020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2018, 12:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Parts have arrived

I’ll be installing the exhaust for now as it’s way too hot atm to test and tune the other parts. Will post a video as soon as it’s done!

Old 6th June 2018, 03:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
WingedBeast1968 is still here

Cars owned: CBA R35 GT-R Black Edition Nav MY10
I see downpipes. That’s going to be LOUD man!
Old 21st June 2018, 03:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

A bit of a small update. The only part installed yet is the exhaust, waiting for the heat to calm down a bit so we can install the other parts without actually doing any damage. (Probably will install everything after summer, unless some kind of miracle happens) Anyway, the exhaust hit the spot and I really liked it.

Video below:
https://youtu.be/dbBXl_Gb85k

Also bought litchfield's rear wing blade in CF wich I loved at first sight, a bit aggresive yet still very clean and should be here in 3 weeks.

My next item will be the wheels for sure. Still deciding weather I refurbish mine (stock) and maybe push them out with some spacers, or get something new. For now the only set that I actually loved where these:

If anyone has any information on them please holla, I have no idea what wheels they are. Definitly my style tho...