GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Which DCT fluid do you use? (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/563935-dct-fluid-do-you-use.html)

aki 11th September 2018 03:12 PM

Which DCT fluid do you use?

Obviously when the R35 was launched there wasn’t much choice other than going with the Nissan OEM fluid.
Now there appears to be many more manufacturers producing DCT fluid at varying specs and price point.

Which fluid do you use?
Did you notice any significant difference in performance when you changed fluid i.e. lower temps, smoother operation?

I’ve added a pic below of a table which shows the spec difference between some of the fluids.

https://i.imgur.com/o2NhKHg.jpg?1

Ja5on 11th September 2018 05:19 PM

iirc Litchfield use the Pentosin

simGTR 11th September 2018 05:41 PM

FFL racing. Not sure why, done about 4k miles and nearly time to change it

kindai 11th September 2018 05:44 PM

I may be remembering incorrectly but I think the only one you can switch to within warranty is stock fluid or FFL racing.

dudersvr 11th September 2018 07:53 PM

You left out one of the best and the cheapest
Millers DCT oil

ACspeedtech 11th September 2018 08:38 PM

Millers Oils DCT fluid. Identical spectrograph to the Pentosin but double the additive content and much more sensibly priced. Always in stock. :)

The pentosin ffl-r is very good at high temps, but if you're running consistently over 130 degrees you should be fitting a transmission cooler not changing oil spec.

aki 12th September 2018 11:10 AM

thanks for the feedback. I hadn't even thought of millers dct fluid. need to try and update the poll options.

I am surprised not many seem to go for motul, they have a good reputation in producing high quality engine oils.

ACspeedtech 12th September 2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aki (Post 5742421)
thanks for the feedback. I hadn't even thought of millers dct fluid. need to try and update the poll options.

I am surprised not many seem to go for motul, they have a good reputation in producing high quality engine oils.

Engine oils.. Depends which one, I've had some eye opening lab tests on some tbh, however the 300v is very good. I believe their DCT fluid is actually a Fuchs one rebranded.

terry lloyd 12th September 2018 12:59 PM

Sure i read on opie oils motul dct is nissan approved

Chronos 12th September 2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudersvr (Post 5742321)
You left out one of the best and the cheapest
Millers DCT oil

Interesting, whats the exact spec do we need to be ordering? I've currently got Pentosin FFL-4

thanks

aki 12th September 2018 02:37 PM

Ah, OK so Motul DCTF is just Fuchs Titan DCT fluid re-branded?
Fuchs is the parent company for Pentosin, does that mean that:
  • Motul DCTF
  • Fuchs Titan Perormance DCTF
  • Pontosin FFL-2/3/4/R
Could all be same fluid or at least very similar with some minor alterations?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACspeedtech (Post 5742433)
Engine oils.. Depends which one, I've had some eye opening lab tests on some tbh, however the 300v is very good. I believe their DCT fluid is actually a Fuchs one rebranded.

aki 12th September 2018 02:38 PM

Is there any way to update the poll to include more options for the fluid?

dudersvr 15th September 2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronos (Post 5742449)
Interesting, whats the exact spec do we need to be ordering? I've currently got Pentosin FFL-4

thanks

Just Millers DCT oil, available in litres and 10 litres so you can buy exact amount.

nick the tubman 20th September 2018 09:22 AM

HKS Price...:eek::eek::eek::runaway::runaway:.

charles charlie 20th September 2018 09:41 AM

For info purposes you can get FFL4-R from powerenhancer.co.uk for 283.66 for 20 litres (discount of 10% with code "audiclub" or "toyotaclub")

That's 140 for a fluid change.

Chronos 20th September 2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charles charlie (Post 5743847)
For info purposes you can get FFL4-R from powerenhancer.co.uk for 283.66 for 20 litres (discount of 10% with code "audiclub" or "toyotaclub")

and also you can use the same codes for the well known and quality FFL4 which is fine for road use and cheaper :D

105 for a change :squintdan

https://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/pentosin-ffl-4.html

aki 20th September 2018 11:31 AM

This is what I went for in the end. I was tempted to go for Motul but when you take into account that if you buy 20L can then Pentosin is virtually the same price per change. One more thing to bear in mind, FFL-R is officially approved by Nissan, I don't think FFL-4 or the Motul has this accreditation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by charles charlie (Post 5743847)

nick the tubman 22nd September 2018 10:04 AM

mmm

nick the tubman 22nd September 2018 10:10 AM

you say 10ltrs per change... fairly sure we never managed to get 10ltrs into the box before it poured out the top sight hole...
from memory I think it was 8.5ltrs..

is it defo 10ltrs to fill it >?

and has anyone got a link where I can buy a replacement gearbox oil filter ?

thanks

charles charlie 22nd September 2018 12:16 PM

Nissan state 8 quarts to fill trans if the sump has been removed and drained. That’s 9 litres.

I just rounded up is all.