Attempted Car Jacking - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 5th December 2018, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
besty is Not liking it white...
Registered

Cars owned: E34 M5, R35 Track Edition, previously UK R34
Attempted Car Jacking

Just as a heads up for West Midlands R35 owners, I was the subject of an attempted car jacking at gunpoint (probably not real) in Streetly Cemetery yesterday at 2pm. CCTV shows that this was opportunistic as the perpetrators only saw me as I pulled into the Cemetery and turned round to follow me in.

They invited me to hand over my keys which I did before heading over a fence to a nearby house. From there we watched them try to start the car for 3 minutes before leaving in a hurry.

Its thanks to Takamo and his AutoWatch Ghost that I still have an undamaged car. A lucky escape...

PS - new keys take 3 months from Japan and cost £700... There's a Plan B which should be a lot cheaper to get me another key in the meantime.
Mookistar, Takamo, WarrenA and 3 others like this.
Old 5th December 2018, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
echoman is Working
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

They should be shot at dawn the lot of em. Glad to hear ghost performed as expected and you only lost your keys.
Old 5th December 2018, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Takamo is Living the Dream... Alhumdulillah (thanks to God)
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, R35 GTR and many many more!!!
Thank you for your kind words Ian it's a shame I had to hear them as a result of this horrific situation that you encountered, main thing is that thanks to God you're were not hurt physically. Glad that the Ghost did its job and glad we were of assistance to you. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone..... Horrible especially when your going to visit loved ones in a cemetery..... Disgusting the world is becoming stupid.

Official Dealers of:
Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser
Smartrack Trackers, Toad, Scorpion & Blackvue

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Takamo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5th December 2018, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
JapFreak786 is .
GT-RDC Member

What a disgusting thing to do. Of all places a cemetery aswell. My father in law is buried there alongside some other members of my wife’s family, and that could have easily been me paying my respects.
Any news on catching them?

Wish the law wouldn’t fight for scum who choose to break it. I like the tactics the Met Police have introduced with those scooter thief’s
Takamo, TJB, Tariq and 1 others like this.
Old 6th December 2018, 12:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
WingedBeast1968 is still here
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Shame they donít reverse over them after knocking them off
Old 6th December 2018, 05:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

The world is becoming increasingly a more scarey and dangerous place to live in and its really very sad that one may have the financial capabilities to buy something nice but for fear of the scum out there they don't. May God do justice and give scum like that what they deserve.
K66 SKY, Kadir and Karls like this.

Official Dealers of:

Old 6th December 2018, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla ALL year round
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by besty View Post
Just as a heads up for West Midlands R35 owners, I was the subject of an attempted car jacking at gunpoint (probably not real) in Streetly Cemetery yesterday at 2pm. CCTV shows that this was opportunistic as the perpetrators only saw me as I pulled into the Cemetery and turned round to follow me in.

They invited me to hand over my keys which I did before heading over a fence to a nearby house. From there we watched them try to start the car for 3 minutes before leaving in a hurry.

Its thanks to Takamo and his AutoWatch Ghost that I still have an undamaged car. A lucky escape...

PS - new keys take 3 months from Japan and cost £700... There's a Plan B which should be a lot cheaper to get me another key in the meantime.
Wow, glad you got away ok and good that the ghost did its bit too!... horrible situation, glad you still have your car tho!
Takamo likes this.
R35 GT-R Black Edition ACSpeedtech remap/Forged Engine-Carrillo rods/CP pistons/HKS cams Dodson:Linney HD gearset uprated gearbox +2013software/Greddy Intercooler/Russ Fellows exhaust+Downpipes/ASNU 1050 Injectors/ACSpeedtech intakes/MPS4S 265~305/Alcon Extreme duty discs+Hawk pads
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Wow, glad you got away ok and good that the ghost did its bit too!... horrible situation, glad you still have your car tho!

No news on the catching the two guys that were involved. I have used trackers in the past but the car would have been taken and I may not have got it back in great condition or at all....
Old 6th December 2018, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla ALL year round
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Quote:
No news on the catching the two guys that were involved. I have used trackers in the past but the car would have been taken and I may not have got it back in great condition or at all....
exactly! so ghost working well and has saved the car! otherwise it would be stripped now, or on its way to the EU in a container!

i see 'MY12 R35 previously UK R34'

How do you find the difference between the 2?
Takamo likes this.
R35 GT-R Black Edition ACSpeedtech remap/Forged Engine-Carrillo rods/CP pistons/HKS cams Dodson:Linney HD gearset uprated gearbox +2013software/Greddy Intercooler/Russ Fellows exhaust+Downpipes/ASNU 1050 Injectors/ACSpeedtech intakes/MPS4S 265~305/Alcon Extreme duty discs+Hawk pads
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cardiff R33 is trying to resist mods
GT-RDC Member

Sorry this has happened but great that you were unhurt and doublely great they never got the car. Great work Ghost and Tak
Takamo and besty like this.
Old 6th December 2018, 02:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
exactly! so ghost working well and has saved the car! otherwise it would be stripped now, or on its way to the EU in a container!

i see 'MY12 R35 previously UK R34'

How do you find the difference between the 2?
I bought the bayside blue R34 from new and kept it for 6 years. That car had so much character and I loved the brutal looks and gorgeous noise. It felt alive particularly on wet roads. I kept it stock apart from an HKS exhaust and did 29,000 miles in it while I used grey import Subaru Legacy GTB estates as my daily driver - another fabulous car.

Only downsides were the cripplingly hard suspension on anything other than a very smooth surface, the fuel consumption / range and comical tramlining.

I bought an M5 which was much more practical and started to use the car less. Selling it was a big mistake both emotionally and financially. Its currently in someones collection still on X2 GTR. I'd buy it back in a shot.

The R35 is just an unbelievable car for the money. I've been driving them since launch day in 2009 and the MY17 is ideal for me. Its more comfortable and quieter for regular use than the MY09 but still great fun on the track.

The R34 is a special car for occasional memorable trips. The R35 is in another performance league and is far more practical. I love them both.
GTRNICK, Tariq and Chronos like this.
Old 6th December 2018, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
New Users

Cars owned: Whole new build coming soon, watch this space.
As soon as I have the ghost fitted I will get a Juke fob and have that to hand to give over if I ever have too, meanwhile

Or from someone who can really do it, Victor Marx, google him

Takamo likes this.

Last edited by dudersvr; 6th December 2018 at 05:58 PM..
dudersvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 06:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
terry lloyd is ........
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Like you would hand over the keys lol
Takamo likes this.
Old 6th December 2018, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
New Users

Cars owned: Whole new build coming soon, watch this space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry lloyd View Post
Like you would hand over the keys lol
Nice to have the option though
Have practised that disarm and not had gun go off yet, but it never will until its for real, its almost impossible to pull the trigger before the gun is grabbed, saying that knowing my luck they would stand 6 ft away
Old 6th December 2018, 06:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
tonigmr2 is Happy to get my R34 back!
Administrator

Cars owned: MR2 TC, 981 3.4S, Disco5, R34 & R35
What a situation, but you did he right thing. People are more important!
Takamo and Tariq like this.

Girls drive GTRs too

Next event is our GT-RDC Welsh weekend in November
tonigmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 07:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've spent today trying to get my key situation sorted out. Colliers fitted me in at short notice so a big thumbs up to them. The good news is that they very rarely see this type of situation -main reason is that the cars usually don't get recovered .... They deactivated the stolen key for £70. Clearly it can still access the car through the emergency route - but see lock change below.

A complete new key is indeed £700 ! An utter rip off. This has to come from Japan and is 10-12 weeks delivery although you might get lucky at 6-8.

A set of new locks fitted which comes with the metal inserts for two keys will be around £800 if you go to Middlehurst and quite a bit more at a main dealer. These come from Amsterdam on 3-4 day lead time.

A new GTR fob without the metal insert is £84 and if recoded separately would cost another c.£100. This will open the car and start it. I've decided to buy one initially while I decide what to do and use that on a daily basis.

Many more thanks to Takamo and Dave Roberts at Middlehurst for helping me work through the options without paying through the nose.

Last edited by besty; 6th December 2018 at 08:13 PM..
besty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 09:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've spent today trying to get my key situation sorted out. Colliers fitted me in at short notice so a big thumbs up to them. The good news is that they very rarely see this type of situation -main reason is that the cars usually don't get recovered .... They deactivated the stolen key for £70. Clearly it can still access the car through the emergency route - but see lock change below.

A complete new key is indeed £700 ! An utter rip off. This has to come from Japan and is 10-12 weeks delivery although you might get lucky at 6-8.

A set of new locks fitted which comes with the metal inserts for two keys will be around £800 if you go to Middlehurst and quite a bit more at a main dealer. These come from Amsterdam on 3-4 day lead time.

A new GTR fob without the metal insert is £84 and if recoded separately would cost another c.£100. This will open the car and start it. I've decided to buy one initially while I decide what to do and use that on a daily basis.

Many more thanks to Takamo and Dave Roberts at Middlehurst for helping me work through the options without paying through the nose.
No problem Ian glad your getting it sorted, anymore help or advice your always welcome as you know.

Official Dealers of:

Old 6th December 2018, 10:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
charles charlie is chasing a Veyron from 30-130mph
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(
Big Dave at MH is a good lad and will take great care of you

Engine built @ RiversideRacing
Litcho rods/pistons/RaceIC/BOVs/oil cooler/susp+handling kit/front diff
Race Developments ported manifold/AT Power TBs
RF street zorst+DPs
RacingBrake BBK
Xtreme18 Clutch/Dodson 1st gear+shaft/trans brace
2015 alloys/nav upgrade/Nismo cluster
DSC susp controller
DBA front/Varis CF bonnet/2016 Lights
TTE7XX turbos = >900bhp 700lbsft 30-130mph in 8.19s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charles charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 10:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tin
Tin is modded out.
GT-RDC Member

Sorry to hear about this, but I had my both of my keys stolen a few years ago (house burglary) , got the car trailered to KaizerMotors and Sly replaced all locks, and got new keys etc, was way under £800, no 12week waiting time either Give him a call, best of luck with resolving asap, its a horrible experience.

Last edited by Tin; 6th December 2018 at 10:56 PM..
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 10:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
SKNAM is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

Just read this thread and couldn't help get seriously p'd off with what besty had to go through, absolutely appalling. Was sorry to read your misery was compounded besty by the ridiculous costs Nissan charge for some things. After having an alternator fail on a Murano and being quoted £1400 for a new one, fitted with a new belt, its just stupid how Nissan price things up. That was on back-order too (4-10 weeks) - why they don't have at least one of everything in stock I don't know. Anyhow, glad you are managing to sort things out, and good to hear you were not injured - I guess that's the main thing in these situations once the dust settles.