Nismo arm install help - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline and Stagea "How to" and DIY guides
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2019, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Marl is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Nismo arm install help

Need bit of advice, just installing my Nismo rear arms and need to know when I torque up the bolts do you have to have the suspension level at a certain position when you finally do them up.
I.E level in the middle or dropped low as it sits unloaded without the wheels or compressed to mimic a loaded situation?

Appreciate your input ***128526;***128526;***128526;
Marl
Old 23rd February 2019, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
MS33 is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Series III White R33 GTR with Nismo 400R bodykit
When ever I've tightened a suspension bush bolt I have the suspension arm where it is when the cars on the ground. Otherwise the rubber within the bush is twisted. I'm on the understanding that with poly bushes, you don't need to do this.
Old 23rd February 2019, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Marl is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Thanks MS33 ,
That is my understanding as well, the manual said torque when car is on the ground, canít get my frame under there itís too low!!!

Thanks again for the reply , Iím still a bit bemused on how the inner sleeve of the bush moves with suspension travel without tearing itself free on the rubber ?
Heyho ***129299;