Tyre Changing Preston - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12th March 2019, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
MisterMexican is saving for a GT-R
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Tyre Changing Preston

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of anywhere decent in the Preston/Southport/Ormskirk/St Helens area who'd be able to change the run flats on GTR without completing screwing it up?

Cheers,
Richard
Old 12th March 2019, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
njd
njd is loving my wrap
Registered

Cars owned: r33 gtr, r34 gtr and now r35
Hi

I have had my GTR for nearly 10 years and still have bridgestone Blizzak run flats on my OEM winter whels and normal Bridgestone run flats on my after market summer wheels.
I have used Steven at Wigan tyres to supply and fit all of them - he does a great job and is reasonably priced. He is a client of mine and has always given me very good prices but I am sure you would find him competitive as well.
Other than that try Middlehursts in St.Helens, I used them initially for the original dunlops, but switched to Steven. Very good service, but not sure on price - call and ask.
Neil
Old 12th March 2019, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
MisterMexican is saving for a GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by njd View Post
Hi

I have had my GTR for nearly 10 years and still have bridgestone Blizzak run flats on my OEM winter whels and normal Bridgestone run flats on my after market summer wheels.
I have used Steven at Wigan tyres to supply and fit all of them - he does a great job and is reasonably priced. He is a client of mine and has always given me very good prices but I am sure you would find him competitive as well.
Other than that try Middlehursts in St.Helens, I used them initially for the original dunlops, but switched to Steven. Very good service, but not sure on price - call and ask.
Neil
Thanks mate. I actually did try Middlehurst but they weren't interested as I already had the tyres myself. Unfortunately they won't fit them if you supply them.

Old 12th March 2019, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
njd
njd is loving my wrap
Registered

Cars owned: r33 gtr, r34 gtr and now r35
Hi

You could give Steven a call, but to to fair he might not be interested in just charging a few £ for fitting he would rather supply and fit as well.

Neil
Old 12th March 2019, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
besty is Liking it orange
Registered

Cars owned: M5 Touring, MY12 R35 previously UK R34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMexican View Post
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of anywhere decent in the Preston/Southport/Ormskirk/St Helens area who'd be able to change the run flats on GTR without completing screwing it up?

Cheers,
Richard
Try Dave Roberts at Middlehurst. He quoted £700 for 2 fronts and £800 for 2 rears fitted which seems to be v competitive on Dunlops.
Old 12th March 2019, 03:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
besty is Liking it orange
Registered

Cars owned: M5 Touring, MY12 R35 previously UK R34
Quote:
Originally Posted by besty View Post
Try Dave Roberts at Middlehurst. He quoted £700 for 2 fronts and £800 for 2 rears fitted which seems to be v competitive on Dunlops.
Just seen the other message - most dealers and Kwik Fit won't fit tyres that you supply as they'll be worried there's no margin left if they damage an alloy.
Old 12th March 2019, 06:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Skint is unaware they can edit their status

Just find an independent place to do it for you

I usually pay £5 removal on loose wheels and £10 for on off with balancing.
Old 12th March 2019, 09:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
SKNAM is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

Kwik Fit do sometimes fit tyres not supplied by them - I've used them twice for this. Last time it cost me £80 but it wasn't for a GT-R nor Runflats. That said, I'm not sure I would trust them with my GT-R alloys and the special knurled rim.
Old 12th March 2019, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Andy (aardvark) is enjoying the RS
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35, & Morini
PROtyre in Chorley will do it but only fit brand new tyres.

Andy