Fitting an miltek system and down pipes without a remap ?? - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skint

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17th March 2019, 08:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
marcusevo6 is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Fitting an miltek system and down pipes without a remap ??

I have purchased a full Milltek exhaust system and russ fellows DP's

Im going to fit the system at home, the car will then be driven to Litchfield a day or 2 after for a service and a remap. Unless anyone close enough to Leicester can remap it ....??

Car is currently a litchfield stage 4

Question is - Will the car be ok without a remap

Ive tried to look through various posts but that has not really answered my question.

Regards
Old 17th March 2019, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Skint is unaware they can edit their status

Can’t see it been a problem if you do your best to drive off boost.

I would just use Litchfields as there map is fitted and they will understand what it’s doing

more than most.

They have a good dyno setup and can check it on the road also and get a print out of the

bhp/torque/boost/afr

Good luck
marcusevo6 likes this.
Old 18th March 2019, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
barry P. is fed up with all the politics and back stabbing in car clubs!
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: GT-R R35, Evo IX GT, Evo II, Radical SR3, and a "Dancing Donkey".
Good luck fitting the downpipes yourself. Do you have a lift as they are difficult to get at and it is tricky removing the O2 sensors which sometimes break. You will also be in a big pile of brown stuff if you snap a turbo stud as the engine needs to come out. I'd rather pay the Litchfield boys to change downpipes.

"Welcome my son, welcome to the machine."
barry P. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18th March 2019, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry P. View Post
Good luck fitting the downpipes yourself. Do you have a lift as they are difficult to get at and it is tricky removing the O2 sensors which sometimes break. You will also be in a big pile of brown stuff if you snap a turbo stud as the engine needs to come out. I'd rather pay the Litchfield boys to change downpipes.
Thanks for the reply Barry, my only downside is the amount of time i can leave the car at Litchfield. I have zero days holiday left and will struggle with anymore time off as im stacked out at work! I know Litchfield should be able to do it in a day but if anything goes wrong and they need the car for more than 1 day im in the 5hit work wise! Might have to go back to the drawing board

Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
barry P. is fed up with all the politics and back stabbing in car clubs!
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: GT-R R35, Evo IX GT, Evo II, Radical SR3, and a "Dancing Donkey".
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusevo6 View Post
Thanks for the reply Barry, my only downside is the amount of time i can leave the car at Litchfield. I have zero days holiday left and will struggle with anymore time off as im stacked out at work! I know Litchfield should be able to do it in a day but if anything goes wrong and they need the car for more than 1 day im in the 5hit work wise! Might have to go back to the drawing board

Thanks
Litchfields will collect your car and deliver it back in their transporter if necessary. Why not drive it down and if there is a major problem and it has to be left for longer than a day get the train home, which I have done, Neil gave me a lift to Cheltenham station, and then when the work is finished get them to bring it back or collect it at a weekend.

"Welcome my son, welcome to the machine."
barry P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2019, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry P. View Post
Litchfields will collect your car and deliver it back in their transporter if necessary. Why not drive it down and if there is a major problem and it has to be left for longer than a day get the train home, which I have done, Neil gave me a lift to Cheltenham station, and then when the work is finished get them to bring it back or collect it at a weekend.
Good idea, thank you Barry. I think ill look into just fiiting the exhaust and let them to the DP's and then remap it along with the service