Rear Suspension knocking, help please! R32 GTR - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Brakes, Wheels, Tyres and Suspension (Skyline)
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20th March 2019, 04:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
msingh is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Rear Suspension knocking, help please! R32 GTR

Hi i have a knock from my rear suspension and having read all the posts from the past regarding the rear top mounts on the ohlins especially in the passenger side rear not being seated correctly in the top of the turret and that its often needed that a rubber spacer is used as if it not fitted the knocking noise comes from there.

Given this i decided to remove my rear shocks and do just that and made some rubber spacers this has not cured the problem. Prior to this i had the car checked on a ramp and simply could not find any play or movement in any bushes/arms etc but the knocking was so severe that it sounds like someone is knocking with a hammer lightly every time you go over a bump and its from both sides more so the passenger side though. I have checked the jack is secure and even removed it but still the knock persist!

I had someone sit in the boot driving slowly to see if they could locate the noise this too yielded nothing and i removed the rear seats but that failed too.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what else to look for or could it just be the ohlins japan shocks are gone and as such the noise is coming from there? When the person was sat in the boot they could not tell if it was coming from the shock though.
I even bought a new set of whiteline rear upper arms and fitted them and since then i dont know if its a coincidence but the knock got worse but i checked the arms and there is nothing wrong

Any help anyone can give is much appreciated

I just want it sorted and if needed i will buy new shocks but just want to be sure i am not missing something