Am I the only one who hates new cars? - Page 2 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Non-Skyline / GT-R chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10th July 2019, 09:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
G-Zilla is in the garage
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Oh, definitely agree with you there. I think they'd be better off not having revived it until they have had the resources and money to do so. The FT-1 concept looked a lot better than what we ended up with. It's just a pathetic car, the new Supra. And like you said, they should have at least made it in manual. The BMW roots are so deep with the car, especially since it's made in Austria.

I'm just happy that they at least revived the Supra name. Would I buy the new Supra personally? No, because I hate new cars. The Mk IV though, that's a different story
GTRNICK likes this.
Old 11th July 2019, 10:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
GTRNICK is Chillin
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Porsche 997 Turbo, U.K. R34 GTR V-spec Black, New Smart
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Zilla View Post
Oh, definitely agree with you there. I think they'd be better off not having revived it until they have had the resources and money to do so. The FT-1 concept looked a lot better than what we ended up with. It's just a pathetic car, the new Supra. And like you said, they should have at least made it in manual. The BMW roots are so deep with the car, especially since it's made in Austria.

I'm just happy that they at least revived the Supra name. Would I buy the new Supra personally? No, because I hate new cars. The Mk IV though, that's a different story
The new supra is fugly.

Old supra
G-Zilla likes this.
Old 12th July 2019, 06:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
kenecchi is driving a fake GTR

I remember thinking the Mark IV was pretty ugly compared to the 300ZX, RX7 and NSX. Now there are far uglier cars on the road but IMO it's still not the most attractive looking thing around. The new Supra looks like a BRZ rear-ended an RX8 but it's probably nice to drive.

I don't really understand why people say "the new Supra is a BMW" as if that's a bad thing. I completely agree that it needs a manual option though.

Old 12th July 2019, 08:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
R34SKYGTR is .

the new supra will be get interesting if they bring out a Gazoo racing model.
Old 12th July 2019, 08:20 AM   #25 (permalink)
RTSKY33 is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: 1995 R33 GTR / 2006 G35X
The MKVI Supra had a Lotus chassis a believe. But, I think the issue with the new one is the lack of Toyota engineer with major components. Honestly 90% of the car is BMW.

I wish that Toyota based it off the LFA. The NSX and GTR are close to a true supercar title; it would be nice that another beloved Japanese muscle car was up there as well.
Old 12th July 2019, 09:16 AM   #26 (permalink)
kenecchi is driving a fake GTR

Did Lotus really have something to do with the Mark IV? It has that average overboosted, vague Camry steering and they're not exactly famous for their ability to do anything but go really fast in a straight line and not break.
Old 13th July 2019, 04:50 AM   #27 (permalink)
G-Zilla is in the garage

Lotus and Toyota do have some ties, so I would not be surprised if Lotus helped with the handling of the old Supra. Do agree that a lot of the Supras are being built to go in a straight line and really rare to hear about a Supra that is made for the overall driving experience and not huge numbers to show off.

I know that Toyota supplied the engines for the Elise and Exige models, the 2GRFE V6. I used to own a 2007 Camry with that engine and it was a beast. I smoked so many newer model Mercedes, Audis, and BMWs with that car. Still fast by today's standards.

The new cars are so bad I haven't had a car I'd want to own since the production year 2012 with the Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni Edition. After that I've been less inclined with newer cars as they all look the same, have the same sort of engines, have only automatic transmission, too much electronics, and all look the same.

I saw a Mercedes, a new model SUV, that looked like a Korean car. I swear, if you took off the badges of most new cars you would not be able to tell what make it is. And now you have Ferrari releasing their new ugly super car that looks like a Camaro from the back and a hybrid power-plant. Enzo Ferrari must be spinning in his grave because of the stupidity car manufacturers are creating.
Old 25th July 2019, 11:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
RTSKY33 is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: 1995 R33 GTR / 2006 G35X
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Zilla View Post
Lotus and Toyota do have some ties, so I would not be surprised if Lotus helped with the handling of the old Supra. Do agree that a lot of the Supras are being built to go in a straight line and really rare to hear about a Supra that is made for the overall driving experience and not huge numbers to show off.

I know that Toyota supplied the engines for the Elise and Exige models, the 2GRFE V6. I used to own a 2007 Camry with that engine and it was a beast. I smoked so many newer model Mercedes, Audis, and BMWs with that car. Still fast by today's standards.

The new cars are so bad I haven't had a car I'd want to own since the production year 2012 with the Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni Edition. After that I've been less inclined with newer cars as they all look the same, have the same sort of engines, have only automatic transmission, too much electronics, and all look the same.

I saw a Mercedes, a new model SUV, that looked like a Korean car. I swear, if you took off the badges of most new cars you would not be able to tell what make it is. And now you have Ferrari releasing their new ugly super car that looks like a Camaro from the back and a hybrid power-plant. Enzo Ferrari must be spinning in his grave because of the stupidity car manufacturers are creating.

Speaking of looking the same, the 2020 Corvette. IMO it looks like, pick a Ferrari/Mclaren.
Old 31st July 2019, 11:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
G-Zilla is in the garage

The 2020 Corvette does not look like an American car anymore. The performance though, for $60,000 USD is amazing and is really kicking the nuts of ev car companies.

You mentioned McLarens. I never understood the hype with them. (Please UK members, don’t hate me for this) I always thought they looked hideous, and I have seen many of them in person including the 720 (Probably the ugliest of the lot). I actually like one design cue of theirs and it was how they made their headlights shaped like their logo. McLaren’s speed and overall agility round the bends and corners of a race track are incredible no doubt!

Ferraris have gone downhill in my opinion. I remember when the 458 came out and how disappointed I was to find out it had no manual. The exterior looked cheap too in my opinion with too much plastic up front. The F430 was probably the last good looking Ferrari along with the gorgeous and exhilarating Enzo. Just my opinion.

edit: I was wrong. The 720 is the second ugliest. The ugliest has to be the Senna model. What a travesty that car is. Feel really bad for Senna that his name has to be associated with such an ugly machine.

Last edited by G-Zilla; 2nd August 2019 at 12:30 AM..
G-Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote