Syvecs Vs Cobb V3 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan GT-R > R35 GT-R Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2019, 03:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
chucai is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R-34 v-spec
Syvecs Vs Cobb V3

Hi everyone ,

I have plans to replace my old Fcon Valcon to the newer ecu system . Been hearing alot of the CObb V3 from friends but personally have not had any experienced with it yet , but my tuner recommended Syvces.

Would glad to get some advice and inputs from the pros out there, to which one you guys would recommend for my setup . I have full hks internals , GT800 turbos, PPG gearset 1-6 and promax 10 .

Many Thanks
Lai .
Old 1st April 2019, 04:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Skint is unaware they can edit their status

Syvecs is a cheaper version in theory of a life racing ecu.

Used in daily to performance modified vehicles, there’s plenty of them out there and there a proven product.

Link ecu is a decent ecu for the money.

I have just bought an emtron ecu for my R35, these seem to get a decent write up but let’s wait and see.

Good luck.
Old 3rd April 2019, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hugh Keir – PTSYS is getting old
Single Product Trader

Cars owned: R32 GTR Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucai View Post
Hi everyone ,

I have plans to replace my old Fcon Valcon to the newer ecu system . Been hearing alot of the CObb V3 from friends but personally have not had any experienced with it yet , but my tuner recommended Syvces.

Would glad to get some advice and inputs from the pros out there, to which one you guys would recommend for my setup . I have full hks internals , GT800 turbos, PPG gearset 1-6 and promax 10 .

Many Thanks
Lai .
You do not say what your needs are outside the ECU brand.

The Syvecs range of ECU's has a heritage in the Life Racing ECU's that were developed to control the likes of the LMP race cars.

The latest S6 ECU's are Syvecs developed and have really powerful twin processing capability compared to the standard ECU's.

The ECU power and racing heritage is most easily identified by the traction control which is the choice for many of the big power R35 race cars across the planet.

The knock control aspect of the Syvecs ECU's is exceptional, it is sufficiently good enough to run your engine into knock and feel confident that it will pull ignition to keep your engine safe - this is not however however how your tuner will map your engine, since it has no value on a road car.

If you are technically minded you can learn a great deal about engine mapping, simply by looking at the way your ECU has been set-up, however, if you just want to drive your car without tinkering, the first points above are what you might want to focus on.

I absolutely love the control that Syvecs affords me, it is a truly classy bit of kit and adds greatly to the ownership experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DSC Sport equipped R35 launching at TOTB

name="wmode" value="transparent"> To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Hugh Keir – PTSYS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4th April 2019, 07:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Skint is unaware they can edit their status

I think you have to look at the costing between the two as there at opposite ends of the scale.