Rear brake rotor upgrade bracket - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Brakes, Wheels, Tyres and Suspension (Skyline)
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th April 2019, 02:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Shawn is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Rear brake rotor upgrade bracket

Hey guys I am having a hard time finding some information that I need and was hoping maybe someone can chime in.

I have a 34 gtr early model. (300mm rear brakes) The brakes need to be changed (rotors and pads) so i figured why not upgrade while I am at it and get a bigger rotor (34 gtr late model 323mm). However I cannot find anyone that sells a bracket to fit the bigger rotor.

I read some where that biot sells like an offset bracket that fits? But i cant find it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cris is enjoying the naughtiest of the three sisters
Owner of the MSNSPS

Cars owned: BNR32, RGV, 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Hey guys I am having a hard time finding some information that I need and was hoping maybe someone can chime in.

I have a 34 gtr early model. (300mm rear brakes) The brakes need to be changed (rotors and pads) so i figured why not upgrade while I am at it and get a bigger rotor (34 gtr late model 323mm). However I cannot find anyone that sells a bracket to fit the bigger rotor.

I read some where that biot sells like an offset bracket that fits? But i cant find it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
What do you mean by bracket?

The discs are single piece items with the later items being bigger. AFAIK the later calipers have longer tabs to mount them.

I found sourcing the larger discs very hard so settled on using 355mm 370Z rear discs. Had a customer spacer made up for my calipers (which are 350z Brembo).
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Shawn is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post
What do you mean by bracket?

The discs are single piece items with the later items being bigger. AFAIK the later calipers have longer tabs to mount them.

I found sourcing the larger discs very hard so settled on using 355mm 370Z rear discs. Had a customer spacer made up for my calipers (which are 350z Brembo).
Yes the later calipers have different mounting tabs compared to the earlier ones. I was hoping someone makes a custom bracket to offset the earlier caliper to fit the bigger 323 rotor.

And yes, if I cant find that, I have found a couple of companies that sell the 370z 355mm rotor and adapter kit for my car.

Do you mind me asking who made the custom spacer for you and around how much it cost? I'm looking at around 500 USD for the bracket and rotor if I get it here, I'm shopping around for options.

Old 1st May 2019, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cris is enjoying the naughtiest of the three sisters
Owner of the MSNSPS

Cars owned: BNR32, RGV, 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Yes the later calipers have different mounting tabs compared to the earlier ones. I was hoping someone makes a custom bracket to offset the earlier caliper to fit the bigger 323 rotor.

And yes, if I cant find that, I have found a couple of companies that sell the 370z 355mm rotor and adapter kit for my car.

Do you mind me asking who made the custom spacer for you and around how much it cost? I'm looking at around 500 USD for the bracket and rotor if I get it here, I'm shopping around for options.
My reply seems to have disappeared.

Anyway I only know of BIOT doing a kit for the later discs.

By kit was made by Zealou5 who I think subcontracted the brackets to BG Developments. Bob the work as a job lot with caliper repainting/refurbishing etc.

I've used BG myself and they are good guys.

I found the rear discs in 323 to be expensive (at the time only a couple of suppliers were about). 355 was cheaper and of course bigger. Unfortuneately the 350Z won't work without fiddling - the handbrake basket is too big.