Folding mirror question - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SKNAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2019, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Silverspeed is GeeTee-aaR
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Folding mirror question

Hi,

As you guys know we have a button that has 3 positions.
1 = Fold up
2= Middle, does nothing?
3= Fold down

Now mine was always is the middle position, and thus not locking the mirrors. Now while I was cleaning the car I noticed that my drivers side mirror was loose and I could move it about 3 cm. I started my car again and put the button into 1, or fold up and now the mirror is locked again and firmly fixed into position.

My question was should I leave the button always into the 1 position? Or how do you guys use it? It it harmful to leave it into the fold up position or should I not be worried that when I put it into the 2nd position that my mirror is kinda loose.
Old 22nd April 2019, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Takamo is Living the Dream... Alhumdulillah (thanks to God)
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, R35 GTR and many many more!!!
Sounds like the gears in the mirror folding motor have gone out out snyc, I'd leave it with in the position where its stiff... No wobble

Official Dealers of:
Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser
Smartrack Trackers, Toad, Scorpion & Blackvue

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Takamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2019, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
SKNAM is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

Had this happen to me a couple of months back, hasn't happened since.

Mine was caused by getting the car ready to be cleaned. Had the mirrors folded in but wanted them to be in the open position. Started engine and pressed the button - thought nothing of it, they opened up. But when washing car noticed the drivers mirror was slightly lose. Turned out I had turned the engine off whilst the mirror was still opening out and so hadn't fully engaged/locked in the open position, hence loose (and gears not fully engaged, like Takamo says). Hasn't done it since.
Takamo likes this.

Old 23rd April 2019, 05:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Silverspeed is GeeTee-aaR
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Okť, thanks I'll leave it in the open position.