|27th April 2019, 07:42 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Tomak is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
Join Date: Dec 2013
RB25DET Dying after starting - white smoke
I have some issues with my R33 lately.
All the symptoms:
- Engine knockings under acceleration on higher rpm
- High exhaust temperatures EGT reached over 980 lately
- White smoke coming from exhaust pipe when i start the motor on cold and dying on idle when i release gas pedal. Actually cant reach over 3000rpm on cold and it sounds weird like working on 4-5 cylinders not 6.
- The car died on me 7 days ago also first time and could not start it. so i changed all the spark plugs for new ones and the car was starting like new for 3 days. After another 3 days of driving on new spark plugs the same shit happend. Cant start the motor again from yesterday.
- Checked today the spark plugs fire with all coils and put different battery. So from ignition it looks ok.
Is my new set of spark plugs cooked again from high EGT or motor is dying, piston rods bad compression? I havent checked that yet.
|27th April 2019, 07:48 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Mookistar is so happy to be out of Skyline ownership
Join Date: Feb 2004
Cars owned: Mookiwagen Passat and a good nights sleep
Checked your boost pipes? Symptom 3 sounds a lot like when I had an IC pipe pop off
|10th May 2019, 09:50 AM||#3 (permalink)|
kenecchi is driving a fake GTR
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ibaraki, Japan
Are you running a stock ECU? I'd guess that you're running extremely rich due to some kind of MAF sensor related problem. The sensor could be dirty, or you could have a boost leak after the turbo, meaning you'd be metering more air than is actually getting to the intake. Try checking the MAF sensor plug and the boost pipes, and cleaning the sensor.
You will also want to check your plugs; they may be fouling out because of too much fuel. Look up online how to read plugs.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|R33 gtr white smoke not starting||Manzgtr||General Nissan Skyline Chat||54||16th May 2012 06:05 PM|
|R33 RB25DET blowing white/blue smoke||nizmo_freek||General Nissan Skyline Chat||6||2nd May 2012 07:44 AM|
|Starting a car after a long period||jamesbilluk||Non-Skyline / GT-R chat||9||27th May 2008 10:05 PM|
|starting problems after turbo install.||rayman||Tuning: General||3||21st May 2006 07:49 PM|
|Why does my GTR click after cold starting?||JamieSwift||General Nissan Skyline Chat||11||3rd February 2006 10:01 PM|