Ecutek User guide Needed - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tiler
  • 1 Post By Tin

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2019, 09:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
A1ex is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Cars owned: Civic, Impreza, R35 GTR
Ecutek User guide Needed

Hi all,
I bought my R35 GT-R back in January 2016. The salesman selling it knew little about it but as I liked it I bought it anyway. Swiftly after that circumstances changed and I have not had the opportunity to drive it much. Can anyone give a guide on the features and interface for the driver? More info below but I think its V3 or V4.

Here is what I have worked out from searching the forum:

1.1 Hold Cancel on steering wheel for 1 second. New number appears on temp gauge. Not on tachometer

1.2 Toggle between 4 numbers with Accel/coast switch

1.3 Cancel exits this. It remembers last number

Can someone confirm this is the maps? I get 95, 97, 99, 102. Dose it switch on the fly without restarting the engine? What are each of these usually?

2.1 Toggling the Accel/coast switch changes the boost gauge inside each

If it has road mode and race mode in each map then I cannot access the latter. Not sure if this is disabled or I am doing wrong? Cruise control is on and Iím holding cancel waiting for the engine light to flash.
Old 2nd May 2019, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
quattro is 4wd Nut
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R32 GTR
I am interested in this too. I picked up my car from litchfield a few months ago. Iain did explain it all but it went straight in one ear and out the other....Hopefully someone has some info for us
Old 2nd May 2019, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tiler is 4.6 lm1 spec 1100+/800+

For the maps:
select a screen where you can see coolant temp on the MFD, hold down cancel on the wheel, the current map will be displayed on the coolant i.e. 95,97,99,100. Change the map with the cruise toggle. 100 map is same as 99 but Litchfield traction is deactivated. 95 map is the pops/bangs flames map but unless you have front cats removed (down pipes) it won't really work (bangs may not be installed on lower spec cars??) Unless filling with 97 most leave it in the 99 map. To leave map adjustment either press cancel again or just wait a few seconds and it will clear.
Normally 95 and 97 map run less boost.

Boost:
Ensure you can see a boost gauge on MFD, toggling the cruise will adjust boost, If you press either direction current boost level will be displayed and then toggle to adjust. just watch the boost gauge and see, If hold up for more than a second or so it will give min boost and vice versa if you hold down. Once boost is set just leave it and it will exit back to normal display.

launch control adjustment:
Most say the best mode is R-C-R, foot on the break and max accelerator pedal, if you toggle the cruise button you can adjust the launch revs (while in launch mode). The last setting will be remembered for subsequent launches.

Rolling launch:
This may or may not be installed, Usually activated by putting suspension in R mode, gears should be in manual, activate cruise control, if you try to accelerate the car will not gain speed but build boost, drop it a few gears, put pedal to floor and when boost is fully reached hit cancel on the steering wheel and you will do a rolling launch.

The above is only a guide as certain features may be changed at owners request by the tuner so you may have to experiment a little.

I hope this helps.
RichardGWhite likes this.

Old 3rd May 2019, 08:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tin
Tin is modded out.
GT-RDC Member

Different Ecutek mappers have different settings for their maps, do you know who mapped your car?
dudersvr likes this.
Old 3rd May 2019, 08:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Cars owned: Albins Trans, 20 plate clutch,102mm exhaust / Intakes, Syvecs AWD BL FMIC,GT3282, Forged engine, GTR Perf map.1101whp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
Different Ecutek mappers have different settings for their maps, do you know who mapped your car?
If its on V3 or 4 get it put on 7 you're on the equivalent of windows 95 Then get BT dongle and do it from your phone
Old 17th May 2019, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
A1ex is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Cars owned: Civic, Impreza, R35 GTR
So, it felt rubbish because it was stuck in 95. The car feels much more alive now. It dose however seam really awkward to keep on boost. If it does build boost then it is right before shifting.

No idea who mapped it. It has Litchfield history with a milltek Y-pipe. Anyone recognise these plates LS59*** or H3X** or CR**. V7 with BT dongle and TM map would be great but Iím too skint.