Scottish GTR wannabie - Page 2 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18th June 2019, 11:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ja5on is GTRless
Registered

Cars owned: Clio 182, EVO IX FQ MR360, Leon TDI FR. Now: R35 GT-R MY10 Gunmetal Premium
I used Nobles once and they damaged my car and had to spray the wing o fix it, They fully admitted fault and repaired it.

But I still never went back
Old 19th June 2019, 01:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
shindy is loving his gtr :0
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

welcome to the forum alistair

i am based just outside glasgow also......having owned 5 gtrs over the last 10 years i have used nobles a few times for servicing and they have been great,no complaints from me!!!are you looking to purchase privately or from a dealership???if the latter i would recommend autotorque performance cars in aylesbury,Have dealt with tom and chris a few times when looking for a car and have sold to them also.All there cars are inspected carefully and they are very helpful in answering any questions you have.
Old 19th June 2019, 07:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Alistair is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindy View Post
welcome to the forum alistair

i am based just outside glasgow also......having owned 5 gtrs over the last 10 years i have used nobles a few times for servicing and they have been great,no complaints from me!!!are you looking to purchase privately or from a dealership???if the latter i would recommend autotorque performance cars in aylesbury,Have dealt with tom and chris a few times when looking for a car and have sold to them also.All there cars are inspected carefully and they are very helpful in answering any questions you have.

Thanks Shindy, preferred private sale as i believe they know more about the car than the stealers. Dont need finance and not fussed about a sketchy warranty they will provide. There is a couple on autotrader at the mo but they are miles away and i cant get the time off to go and see them as i go on holiday in 2wks. Spoke to a couple of dealers and they weren’t for budging on price which i thought a bit strange....

Will check out autotorque...never knew they sold cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 19th June 2019, 07:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Alistair is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Recognise autotorque now....AT performance cars. They had a blue one in about 2weeks ago that i was gonna go for....phoned up and it was sold!

Old 19th June 2019, 07:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
shindy is loving his gtr :0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
Recognise autotorque now....AT performance cars. They had a blue one in about 2weeks ago that i was gonna go for....phoned up and it was sold!

think they still have one for sale 41k a blue one looks nice
Old 19th June 2019, 08:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
motors is unaware they can edit their status

Speak to JM imports and acspeedtech to see if they know any cars for sale that they maintain. I'm sure there will be a few. Also Nobles will sell modified cars with warranty. I went for a test drive in a stage 2 and got totally hooked on GTR's. I had no intention buying one now on third one. Bought first one stage 2 from Nobles
Old 21st June 2019, 09:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
PaulH0070 is normally cleaning, sometimes driving
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Whats the consensus with regard to high number of owners cars? Again is it down to service history and condition? Do people seem to offload them b4 a big service is due? Scratch the itch then move on?
Fairly common to see cars with a lot of owners. If you're gonna keep it forever I don't see a problem, but it must have a detriment effect of resale.

5+ people who cared for it perfectly for a year at a time or 1 owner that ragged the hell out of it for 5 years...you'll never know.

Personally I'd look at condition as a marker, how it appears to have been cared for. Not rare for the histories to be a bit off.

Yes, some do get offloaded before a biggy. Always 100% find out what's due. Some come up for sale with work pending, not priced keenly enough and sit around, next thing it's well behind a service. Does happen.

As mentioned earlier, always enquire about the health check. It'll give you some warning what bills could be on the horizon.

Happy hunting