GTR Forum banner

R35 Disks and Brakes 2015

1K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Comeal 
#1 ·
Anybody know anywhere near Leeds (West Yorkshire) where i can get front and back disks and pads fitted for my GTR - Nissan are quoting £3k

#2 ·
Just buy them online and fit them yourself (easy job with basic tools) or get a local garage 2/3 hours labour.

Don***8217;t be scared, if you***8217;ve fitted discs and pads before to any car you can do these.

Just buy for example front and rear Alcon***8217;s and ferodo ds2500 for road use. Can or two of brake cleaner,copper slip for the calliper bolts and wurth do a brake pad lubricant.

There***8217;s a few vendors on here so give them a try for quotes.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response... problem is I just don***8217;t have the time - too many work commitments - so somebody who could just do this for me would be the best solution.

Just buy them online and fit them yourself (easy job with basic tools) or get a local garage 2/3 hours labour.

Don't be scared, if you've fitted discs and pads before to any car you can do these.

Just buy for example front and rear Alcon's and ferodo ds2500 for road use. Can or two of brake cleaner,copper slip for the calliper bolts and wurth do a brake pad lubricant.

There's a few vendors on here so give them a try for quotes.

#4 ·
ACspeedtech in Bolton?

Middlehurst and R B motorsport in that neck of the woods also

Discs and pads all round are a couple grand? few hours fitting, might not be that far off the Nissan price once you put in time and petrol?

You will get better brakes though to be fair.

#12 ·
I had AP racing j hooks and DS2500 pads fitted all around that money. The pads have no feel compared to the OE pads. A friend of mine had the more track biased pads fitted and says the feel is far superior but Frerrodo say these are for track use only. The 2500 stop you ok but the initial feel is soft and crap imo. However everybody to their own.
I would not replace discs with oe as the crack from the vent holes. I changed mine at 4k miles due to cracks. GTRDC have got a make which they bring to track days and look ok and the right price. Speak to John who has developed these. Pete

#17 ·
it depends what you do with your car. I bought mine to go fast and the only way you can do this is on a track. I am sure oe will last forever with road use. The extra heat generated by track use will crack oe discs even if after a run you move the discs slightly to help cooling. Oe fine for road use but they will crack with track/heavy road use. Pete

#18 ·
After ringing around a few Nissan service centres I finally opted for the OEM parts and luckily found one dealership which needed few k to hit their Nissan rebate target - so they have charged me just over £2k to install original disks and pads - which was worth calling around as the original quote from my local Nissan centre was for £3.300 - don***8217;t really understand why the prices from different Nissan dealerships would vary so much - but I***8217;m not grumbling as I***8217;ve saved just over £1k - result..

#20 ·
I like the OEM discs, haven't had any problems but don't track my car. There are many comments they crack near the vented holes and this is why I believe many change to aftermarket discs. Funny thing is, there are many comments from owners that some of the aftermarket discs warp after a few hot laps on tracks. It looks like you have to get the disc/pad combo right.

Price-wise, the OEM discs (Brembo) can be had for around £800-900 for all 4 from Autodoc (prices depend on the discount they offer via their App). Thanks WingedBeast1968 for that info a while back :):)

The correct pads (also Brembo) can be usually be had from eurocarparts for around £200 for all 4 (again depends on current discount rate). So even at £2k fitted from Nissan dealer its not really a bargain, but another example of big dealer mark-up :eek:

#21 · (Edited)
Front pads are the same as the front of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the rear pads are off the front of the Jaguar XK something or other. A lot less than GT-R taxed rip off merchant ***8220;special***8221; pads. :smokin:

And another example of ***8220;special***8221; stuff on the GT-R.
Turbocharger cores are the same as the 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, though I still need to confirm this by buying some. Circa £70 each, brand new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.