GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan Skyline Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-skyline-chat.html)
-   -   R34 V Spec for auction at CCA (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/569011-r34-v-spec-auction-cca.html)

steveirl 11th July 2019 11:11 PM

R34 V Spec for auction at CCA

This R34 V-Spec is up for auction on August 3rd. The estimate is low, but that means nothing, a way of generating interest and bidder numbers.
Does anyone here have any info or thoughts on the car, I have done a HPi check and there is a mileage discrepancy, but there may be a simple explanation. It seems near unmodified which is what I am looking for.
Ant help or advice appreciated ( by pm if preferred)
Thanks
link to car
https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk...ine-gtr-v-spec

Armchair face 12th July 2019 12:10 AM

Mileage does look a little suspect no mot done in 2017

ShopGTR 12th July 2019 02:39 AM

+buyer’s premium of 13.2% including VAT @ 20%

Ouch

joshuaho96 12th July 2019 03:21 AM

Why is the fuse/relay box cover missing?

curious 12th July 2019 08:02 AM

You need to be carefull with these CCA auctions.

Went to inspect a few cars for a client last year at their auction and they were nothing like the Vehicle report that CCA had advertised them with.

After a conversation with one of the CCA auctioneers it became clear that the vehicle reports are done by the customer and not a CCA representative.

They have a quick look at the car when it arrives but nothing in comparison to the Vehicle report the owner has complied.

A bit cheeky as the way the adverts are done, it seems that CCA completed the inspection.

Oh and the guide prices are way off, last year they didn't even know what a R34 GTR was let alone what it was worth.

If you are going to buy it I would recommend a inspection, unfortunately no road tests are allowed and you'll not be allowed to get underneath it.

Great way to get rid of a worn out R34 for top money.

Buyer BEWARE as the saying goes

R34SKYGTR 12th July 2019 08:06 AM

That looks a very clean example.. I think lots of the imports have been mileage adjusted before auction so buy on condition not mileage.

steveirl 12th July 2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curious (Post 5786509)
You need to be carefull with these CCA auctions.

Went to inspect a few cars for a client last year at their auction and they were nothing like the Vehicle report that CCA had advertised them with.

After a conversation with one of the CCA auctioneers it became clear that the vehicle reports are done by the customer and not a CCA representative.

They have a quick look at the car when it arrives but nothing in comparison to the Vehicle report the owner has complied.

A bit cheeky as the way the adverts are done, it seems that CCA completed the inspection.

Oh and the guide prices are way off, last year they didn't even know what a R34 GTR was let alone what it was worth.

If you are going to buy it I would recommend a inspection, unfortunately no road tests are allowed and you'll not be allowed to get underneath it.

Great way to get rid of a worn out R34 for top money.

Buyer BEWARE as the saying goes

Thanks for the detailed reply. I know the estimate means nothing to how it will bid on the day, low estimates are a favorite trick of the auction house to ramp up interest.
Also aware that the report is based on the sellers info, and that auctions mean buyer beware. It looks tidy, and has few mods which is why I am interested.
Just had a chat with the guy in CCA who consigned the car, and they have viewing on the day before now from 10am -5pm, normally it is from 2pm to 5pm. As for inspections, how can you get one done when the car can not be moved, just started.
I am going to try fly over for the viewing day and take a look, could be a nice car.
I did find a google link for the car advertised for sale in the past year, with a dealer called Blackstar Automotive, but the site link is dead.

curious 12th July 2019 12:07 PM

" Just had a chat with the guy in CCA who consigned the car, and they have viewing on the day before now from 10am -5pm, normally it is from 2pm to 5pm. As for inspections, how can you get one done when the car can not be moved, just started "

I had a Countash, 911 Turbo and a NSX to inspect.

I had made prior arrangements with CCA to allow me to start and inspect the cars, and had to arrive early before they opened.

Even though this was agreed, the guys running the auction didn't want any cars started, luckily I got one of the CCA guys to get the keys I needed.

None of the cars on display were started or driven to the bidding area, it was a static auction and you brought it as it stood.

Apart from the engine about to fall out there was not a lot of recourse after the purchase.

If the price is low enough you can take a gamble and buy it, but the way the last few CCA auctions have gone it's not much cheaper than buying used with the added risk.

I would advise a through inspection of what you can see, and base your bid on this information taking into account you haven't driven it.

Hope that helps

Armchair face 12th July 2019 04:24 PM

I thought blackhorse was a finance company could be a repo

Euroexports 12th July 2019 07:16 PM

there was a r32 gtr at east anglia auctions which looked mint in the pictures and i was very interested in it, i carried out a vx report and found it had been clocked by over 100,000 km and left japan with quite a bit of damage. the question is why would someone want to put a car like this through auction when a bayside blue v spec would be a pretty easy sell anyways

Armchair face 12th July 2019 07:28 PM

That is why it might be a finance repo and the finance company are selling it.Then they can claim the VAT back.

steveirl 13th July 2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armchair face (Post 5786613)
That is why it might be a finance repo and the finance company are selling it.Then they can claim the VAT back.

My mistake on the original post. The old google link was for a company called Blackstar Automotive (not Blackhorse)
A check on the companies register shows they are a used car retailer, but no longer appear to be active.
Still interested in the car, looks good and relatively stock.

fletchbog 9th August 2019 02:18 PM

Went for more than I was expecting to be honest when you take the buyers premium into account.

tonigmr2 9th August 2019 02:21 PM

How much?

fletchbog 9th August 2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonigmr2 (Post 5790647)
How much?

It's on the ad - 62,715 hammer price

tonigmr2 9th August 2019 02:50 PM

Eek, for an average car of unknown provenance that is a bit rich.

Teix777 9th August 2019 08:09 PM

I believe that includes the premium, I saw this one sell for 56,500 on the day actually. So it looks like that has 11% on top, although it should be 13.2% incl VAT

Smileymiley 12th August 2019 09:58 PM

It did have all the relevant auction sheet grade 4.5, didn’t have a saskin sheet but I’d take it on face to be correct, I had a brief look at it looked clean and genuine. I’m holding out for a enthusiast to sell ***55357;***56905;