Tesla Owners and EV Owners are Weirdos - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Non-Skyline / GT-R chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By G-Zilla
  • 4 Post By Trev
  • 2 Post By Blobbish
  • 3 Post By jnoor
  • 1 Post By bkvj
  • 1 Post By f5twister

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17th July 2019, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
G-Zilla is in the garage
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Tesla Owners and EV Owners are Weirdos

Looked up the new Lotus car (hideous generic design, should have added a V10 twin turbo engine instead) on Google and one of the pages below was the Tesla forums. I decided to peak in to see what shi*t unfolds there. My God, what a bunch of fascists. It is extremely scary reading their threads and posts, since they are religiously against any hybrid, petrol, diesel, hydrogen powered vehicle. It actually got to the point where it wasn't funny to read at all and turned plain creepy.

There are dozens of threads commemorating Musk and their 0 to 60 times. Seen a few threads talking crap on the quality of their car as well as displeasure of service with the brand, and looks almost as the other members shunned the poster immediately with snarky comments and ignoring the posters replies.

Guess the evs have a lot of major flaws, and we could add to the fact that the owners are complete nazis. Surprised the appliance company doesn't relocate to Germany
Trev and bkvj like this.
Old 18th July 2019, 04:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Trev is Team Sheldrake Racing
Registered

Cars owned: R32 GT-R
It’s kind of like the far left isn’t it.

Petrol cars are soooooooo evil - er, wtf were you lot driving up until a couple of years ago then?

Dicks.
K66 SKY, bkvj, TJB and 1 others like this.
Old 18th July 2019, 06:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Blobbish is full of smiles

Cars owned: 370z Custom S/C, R35
I now feel like I need to go read......

I remember looking at the Model X at Leeds Castle a few years back, and for £250k i was appalled with the quality. Doors had rubbed off the paint where the around the frame, rubbing worn rubbers.....I was not impressed at all. Although the batteries are pretty amazing, with little degradation, especially when compared to Nissan

I wonder if its like the old Manual versus Auto argument that they have to justify there purchase and expect a saint hood for their environmentally friendly cars.
bkvj and G-Zilla like this.

Old 18th July 2019, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
jnoor is told I am addicted to this site

Let me stop you there... I think the Lotus Evija is pretty nice. The rear design is very distinctive and I really like the way the vehicle goes into "high downforce mode" - the rear wing and diffuser is immense!

But yes I do agree some of design seems very similar to other cars.

And considering it's 2000PS (hopefully they can deliver that) it should light a fire on the asses of Rimac and Tesla.

I agree that EV owners who aren't or were never petrolheads who then converted the religion of EV'ism are almost cultish.

The same goes for diehard petrolheads who 'hate' EVs and go batshit crazy when their twin turbo 'stang gets annihilated by a Tesla.

But those who are sane (I'd like to put myself forward for that claim) appreciate both and even more so when they are working together hand in hand.

Moving onto the quality of Tesla... that's pretty much well documented but not anything surprising for new company that is still finding it's feet and quality control is something they are investing heavily in.
Simonh, Mookistar and gts-tom like this.
Old 18th July 2019, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
G-Zilla is in the garage

The Lotus, man oh man. The interior looks like crap, the exterior looks like a knock-off of a Ferrari FXX Evo, and the rear resembles a new Ford GT (which is also shit with it's V6) but with square taillights. Don't even get me started with the seats, there's some sort of clamp that looks like it grabs a hold of testicles. I honestly cannot see the prettiness in it from my view.

Jnoor, you used the worst possible example with the twin turbo Mustang. Those things are eating up the quickest Teslas. The Tesla in that video is the quickest trim, fully gutted, on drag slicks, and still manages to get beat by a stock motor Coyote running on E85 with a twin turbo kit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIrIXM9m9pM

Tesla should have had their quality to begin with. People are paying $140,000 for a 4-door sedan that has a quick 0-60 and $160,000 for an SUV (a moment of silence for the brain cells). You'd expect for that money the cars to have good quality. Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches, at that price level have much better quality than Tesla for that price range, despite having a slower 0-60.

Also their service is quite terrible. You cannot fix the car yourself, and if you do then they will brick your car. What pricks. Cars are more unreliable than an early 2000s Mercedes so it's inevitable.

For the price the Lotus will be going, better off for a million cheaper Bugatti Veyron. Quite confident that a Veyron could beat a Rimac ($1,000,000 more) on a curvy race track like Francorchamps or the nurburgring. I've seen the drag races between them and the Veyron was behind by it's fender and started reeling it in. Pretty interesting that the quickest EV got beat by a McLaren P1 around the ring.
Old 18th July 2019, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
jnoor is told I am addicted to this site

Considering it's still early days for the Evija I think this has been done to a decent level. I'd wait for the final iteration before we berate the immense work a small company (who has seen their fair share of troubles and and still continues to push forward) has accomplished.

I see your point regarding the FXX look, front of it yes but the design of the rear does bring it to it's own with a few design cues here and there. The interior for now looks simplistic, which I quite like along with the full carbon and the full race style steering wheel.

I've seen that Tesla mincemeat numerous cars, so one well built Mustang doesn't undo the kill list it's impressively acquired.

I work in Automotive and no company gets build quality right straight off the bat. Even long established automakers struggle with new model introductions, so obviously a new company will struggle with it also. Considering Tesla invests heavily in R&D also (which has driven them to release a more affordable Model 3 so quickly) whilst still striving to make their production line efficient only shows what their intention is - they're here to stay.

I'm not surprised their service is terrible when it comes to customer vehicle maintenance. A NEW company putting in place a suitable strategy (and all the infrastructure, logistics and manpower behind it) to service what is essentially vehicles with NEW technology? Hell if you can afford to buy a Tesla, I'd say you have some kind of sense, so should anticipate not everything will be hunky dory with a new company.

I'm quite confident a Veyron would not beat a Rimac on the track. The Veyron was never a track orientated car, it was designed and built for top speed and straight line acceleration. It's essentially a grand tourer and with the weight it carries it isn't going to break records on a track.

Drag racing? Yes the Bugatti started reeling it towards the end of the race but that's the characteristics between an IC powertrain and an electric powertrain. Electric cars will essentially be trumped when it comes to top-end power, that's the nature of electric motors and batteries, hence the Bugatti almost had it... but in the end it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile...

... winning's winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvHCtaIrkEs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT7KKxoAvvk - against the LaFerrari

And that's only Rimac's first car... imagine the new one coming up!
Old 18th July 2019, 07:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
G-Zilla is in the garage

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love Lotus, especially the Elise and Exige models. Those Lotus Carltons were bad ass too, using the Opel engines.

I'm confused with your statement about the 3 being released soon. The 3 model was delayed a lot and was priced 40% over the price they claimed it would have been sold at ($48,000 is what most people paid for here). Don't even get me started with the high end version being priced at $80,000. For that amount of cash, better off with a used Gallardo that turns heads and not a family egg that looks atrocious. The company isn't that new, since they were made in the early 2000s. Even their Lotus chassis cars were really poor quality. If it wasn't for the US government subsidies, Tesla would have been gone 8 years ago. Sort of like the Fisker Karma.

It wasn't just that Mustang. There's a lot of low view videos of them getting beat with a lot of dislikes. Let me show you some:
A $10,000 USD Infiniti beating a Tesla: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtxPGxyAwQg

R34 beating the top trim Tesla SUV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNXAe5y5rqE

I think that is you beating that Tesla: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aIm86QO31Y

And another 32: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etsziXHlK-w

Last edited by G-Zilla; 18th July 2019 at 07:11 PM..
G-Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2019, 12:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
bkvj is back in civilization
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Zilla View Post
Looked up the new Lotus car (hideous generic design, should have added a V10 twin turbo engine instead) on Google and one of the pages below was the Tesla forums. I decided to peak in to see what shi*t unfolds there. My God, what a bunch of fascists. It is extremely scary reading their threads and posts, since they are religiously against any hybrid, petrol, diesel, hydrogen powered vehicle. It actually got to the point where it wasn't funny to read at all and turned plain creepy.

There are dozens of threads commemorating Musk and their 0 to 60 times. Seen a few threads talking crap on the quality of their car as well as displeasure of service with the brand, and looks almost as the other members shunned the poster immediately with snarky comments and ignoring the posters replies.

Guess the evs have a lot of major flaws, and we could add to the fact that the owners are complete nazis. Surprised the appliance company doesn't relocate to Germany
Tesla is a full on cult, praying to their God Felon.
G-Zilla likes this.
Old 13th August 2019, 05:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
f5twister is in skyline heaven
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R32 GTST/R34 GTT
The funny thing is they are indeed full of themselves, allot of them immediately start bragging how green they are that the have solar panels etc. when the go to the dealership i work for. Plus for some reason allot come on their bicycles and seem to wear sandals.

Not my kind of people, i hate helping them and indeed Tesla people are the worst.
G-Zilla likes this.