R35 Residuals - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance


Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By snuffy
  • 2 Post By TREG
  • 1 Post By davej51
  • 1 Post By Simonh
  • 1 Post By JohnE90M3
  • 1 Post By Chronos
  • 2 Post By TREG

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18th July 2019, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Arun1993 is unaware they can edit their status
New Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 2
R35 Residuals

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum.

I am very close to making a deal on a R35, but I am worried about re-sale as none of the cars on Autotrader etc seem to be shifting. Regardless of this, i believe I have negotiated a good deal at £35,000, stats are below:

MY11 GTR - 2011 - Recaro Edition - Black
45,000
5 Owners
Full GTR history (Serviced 3,000 miles ago)
Immaculate condition
Completely standard - No performance mods
With new brakes and tyres.
1 headlight has condensation (normal)

Car drives perfectly fine and very smoothly through all gears, but makes the normal transmission noises at low speeds 0-10mph, the brakes also squeak slightly but I have been told this is normal on powerful brakes.

Opinions on the deal?
Any key things to look out for when buying?

My thought process is that I'm happy to loose around £2,000 on depreciation in the next 6 months as this will only be pit stop visit for the GTR, but I still find my self doubting the saleability of a MY11 GTR for £33,000 (Although the cheapest alternative for is £40,000 currently)

I would appreciate the feedback

Thanks
__________________
Arun1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2019, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
SKNAM is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 170
Hi Arun, you'll find loads of great help on here to help with buying a GT-R.

Impossible really to give any definitive view on the car in question, but if it helps?:

Two things I think are definitely worth doing is to go on actual "seen with your own eyes" condition (especially underneath/mechanicals) and get an inspection done by a GT-R specialist who know what to look for. Its not uncommon on here to find prospective cars "needing" about £3k worth of potential work to bring them "up to speed" condition-wise.

I looked at loads (15+) over a 9 month period - I didn't find any that were genuinely unmodded so that might be a real plus point for some potential buyers if the one you have seen is unmodded. That said, they are very easy to mod and then unmod with the y-pipes and remaps.

If you are only looking to keep the car 6 months that would mean the next buyer will be the 7th owner - that might put some potential buyers off?

Re. brakes - they shouldn't squeak. I'm on the standard Brembos and they don't squeak. I believe some owners do report their brakes squeak but I think that's when using certain disc/pad combos.

I'm sure other owners will be able to chip in and offer their insight and opinions.

Good luck with the search These are great cars
__________________
SKNAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2019, 09:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Arun1993 is unaware they can edit their status
New Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKNAM View Post
Hi Arun, you'll find loads of great help on here to help with buying a GT-R.

Impossible really to give any definitive view on the car in question, but if it helps?:

Two things I think are definitely worth doing is to go on actual "seen with your own eyes" condition (especially underneath/mechanicals) and get an inspection done by a GT-R specialist who know what to look for. Its not uncommon on here to find prospective cars "needing" about £3k worth of potential work to bring them "up to speed" condition-wise.

I looked at loads (15+) over a 9 month period - I didn't find any that were genuinely unmodded so that might be a real plus point for some potential buyers if the one you have seen is unmodded. That said, they are very easy to mod and then unmod with the y-pipes and remaps.

If you are only looking to keep the car 6 months that would mean the next buyer will be the 7th owner - that might put some potential buyers off?

Re. brakes - they shouldn't squeak. I'm on the standard Brembos and they don't squeak. I believe some owners do report their brakes squeak but I think that's when using certain disc/pad combos.

I'm sure other owners will be able to chip in and offer their insight and opinions.

Good luck with the search These are great cars
Thank you for the feedback, regarding the inspection, It has had a health check with Nissan Bromley in March and this was completely clean - They themselves confirmed that the car is unmodified. The car is currently at Nissan and will receive another health check.

The owners is an issue but like myself If the car is backed up with full dealer history combined with the PDI report and the price being competitive - I think this should be okay.

In your opinion is the used market still strong for the GTR - having had another look on Autotrader the reason some are not selling is possibly because that 95% are modified or tuned to an extent?
__________________
Arun1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 18th July 2019, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
snuffy is is well aware they can edit their status but hasdecided not to.
Ooo Matron !
 
snuffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Chester
Cars owned: GT-R & Fiat 500
Posts: 1,919
When I bought mine (MY2010) the brakes squealed like an old London bus. It was shocking. I took it back to Nissan and they gave me some old pony about how they do that because of the pad compound. They even gave me a Nissan technical note about it (so clearly plenty of owners have reported the same).

I did two things; changed the pads to Ferodo DS2500 and that cured it; and two - never went back to Nissan again to have them service my car.
Grum71, Kieranrob, A1ex and 1 others like this.
__________________
MY10 Black Edition - Ocean Satin Shimmer
Russ Fellows Unsilenced Exhaust
MY2013 TCM
ACSpeedtech EcuTek RaceRom 5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2019, 02:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
tonigmr2 is Happy to get my R34 back!
GT-RDC Founder Member
 
tonigmr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Herts
Cars owned: MR2 TC, 981 3.4S, Disco5, R34 & R35
Posts: 15,444
If you can keep it until Feb/mar you will have more chance of a minimal loss imho, lots of cheap GTRs in Dec/Jan.
__________________
The future is Gold.

Girls drive GTRs too

Next event is our GT-RDC Silverstone Classics. OMG look at the cars we’ve got coming...from Hako to MY20 Nismo!
tonigmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2019, 06:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
SKNAM is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 170
Quote:
In your opinion is the used market still strong for the GTR - having had another look on Autotrader the reason some are not selling is possibly because that 95% are modified or tuned to an extent?
I would say it appears to be fairly strong for the lower mileage/lower owner cars with good service history.

The more customised ones seem to be a bit hit or miss (from what I see on eBay and Autotrader). There also seem to more cars for sale now compared to same time last year, so maybe that will see prices dip (as more competition)? Some of the prices are all over the place mind for supposedly equivalent spec cars of same year/condition.

I reckon your numbers look reasonable. £35k for a good MY11 - doesn't seem excessive. 10-15% depreciation for the year (£4-5k) - again seems fair assumption.
__________________
SKNAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2019, 07:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
TREG is the man to speak to about photographing your wedding!
R35 Section manager
 
TREG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: West sussex.
Cars owned: R 35 GTR
Posts: 10,543
£35k for a my11 seems a bit of a bargain to me. More so if it has full service history as you have stated.
Is it a private sale or is a dealer putting a warranty on it for you?
Simonh and Chronos like this.
__________________
Your GTR wedding photographer.
TREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2019, 10:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
davej51 is Loving the R35 life!
GT-RDC Member
 
davej51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Bedfordshire
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREG View Post
£35k for a my11 seems a bit of a bargain to me. More so if it has full service history as you have stated.
Is it a private sale or is a dealer putting a warranty on it for you?
I am with TREG, 35k for a MY11 as you have described is a bargain, id snap their hand off! you would be able to sell for the same amount in 1 years time if it is as described. There are lots of shit boxes out there for that sort of money.
TREG likes this.
__________________
davej51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2019, 02:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Simonh is thinking bad thoughts
GT-RDC Member
 
Simonh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nottingham
Cars owned: MY11 R35 Recaro
Posts: 5,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREG View Post
£35k for a my11 seems a bit of a bargain to me. More so if it has full service history as you have stated.
Is it a private sale or is a dealer putting a warranty on it for you?
I was going to put this £35k seems like a great deal for an MY11 car without stratospheric miles... even more so with a new set of brakes and tyres, that must be nearly £5k on it's own?
TREG likes this.
__________________
Doing it is not enough - it has to be done right.
Simonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2019, 04:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
JohnE90M3 is 2019 BMW M5 Comp
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
JohnE90M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: south east
Cars owned: 2018 BMW M5 in Snapper rock blue
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun1993 View Post




My thought process is that I'm happy to loose around £2,000 on depreciation in the next 6 months as this will only be pit stop visit for the GTR, but I still find my self doubting the saleability of a MY11 GTR for £33,000 (Although the cheapest alternative for is £40,000 currently)

I would appreciate the feedback

Thanks
£2K Loss in 6 months are you dreaming.
It lost £2k being driven away.
matty32 likes this.
__________________
Do it now you only live once
My New 2019 M5 CP
JohnE90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2019, 06:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla ALL year round
GT-RDC Member
 
Chronos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Planet R35
Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Posts: 5,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun1993 View Post
Hi guys,
I am very close to making a deal on a R35, but I am worried about re-sale
Thanks
R35 prices are in the gutter at the moment, an all time low.. which happens with any car on the market...tho i can see them going up R32/33/34 style once production stops

On the flip side its an Epic time for buyers! Supercar performance for hot hatch money! Mad, but true... Zooooom zoooooom!
TREG likes this.
__________________
R35 GT-R Black Edition ACSpeedtech remap EcuTek / Dodson Uprated gearbox +2013software/Greddy Intercooler/Russ Fellows Custom Full exhaust system+Downpipes/ASNU 1050 Injectors/ACSpeedtech intakes/R888R 275~305/Alcon Extreme duty discs+Hawk pads

Last edited by Chronos; 19th July 2019 at 07:02 PM..
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2019, 09:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
TREG is the man to speak to about photographing your wedding!
R35 Section manager
 
TREG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: West sussex.
Cars owned: R 35 GTR
Posts: 10,543
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
R35 prices are in the gutter at the moment, an all time low.. which happens with any car on the market...tho i can see them going up R32/33/34 style once production stops

On the flip side its an Epic time for buyers! Supercar performance for hot hatch money! Mad, but true... Zooooom zoooooom!


As above.

Brexit has people in fear of owning a thirsty car so there are some bargains out there and as you get towards winter they will get slightly cheaper in some cases! Either way £35k is cheap for a full serivice history 2011 35 -It almost sounds too good to be true.
Simonh and Chronos like this.
__________________
Your GTR wedding photographer.
TREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com

tyreforums

 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.