New owner needing opinions - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance


Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Takamo

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21st July 2019, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gymrat is unaware they can edit their status
New Users
 
Gymrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 12
New owner needing opinions

Broke my gtr cherry yesterday, flew over over to Birmingham, collected the car and drove it back to sunny Belfast last night. All went well and was surprised how well the car eats up and soaks up the miles. My mk2 modified focus was less forgiving on the backside.
My issue and help needed is this... Today I've been driving round town getting used to gear shifting manually. In 2nd or 3rd gear for example if I was to hold a constant 2k revs say, the car starts to buck a bit. She does not like it. Now coming from the Ford scene and the continuous problems with the St's and Rs's I'm getting paranoid.
The car is a Litchfield 4.25, forged, litchfield 102mm non quiet exhaust system, litchfield handling kit, ap brakes among other stuff.
I didn't notice this on test drive as we used auto, used auto on drive home but after leaving the dealer yesterday and needing fuel I picked the only BP with no ultimate pumps sp fired 95ron in. The car was in map 1 all the time but I'm wondering if its the shitty fuel (I've now filled up with 97) best we have in n.i or plugs, maf or something costly or is it a trait?
Thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Chris
__________________
Gymrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2019, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
charles charlie is chasing a Veyron from 30-130mph
GT-RDC Member
 
charles charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North West
Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(
Posts: 7,604
Simplest and most sensible thing to do is grab yourself the ecutek cable or Bluetooth single, log the car doing this and send it over to Dan at Litchfields for advice
__________________
Arrived 29/5/09 Reborn 12/1/17
______________________________________


Engine built @ RiversideRacing
Litcho rods/pistons/RaceIC/BOVs/oil cooler/susp+handling kit/front diff
Race Developments ported manifold/AT Power TBs
RF street zorst+DPs
RacingBrake BBK
Xtreme18 Clutch/Dodson 1st gear+shaft/trans brace
2015 alloys/nav upgrade/Nismo cluster
DSC susp controller
DBA front/Varis CF bonnet/2016 Lights
TTE7XX turbos = >900bhp 700lbsft 30-130mph in 8.19s



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charles charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2019, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Takamo is Living the Dream... Alhumdulillah (thanks to God)
GTR Register Trader
 
Takamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Birmingham
Cars owned: R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, R35 GTR and many many more!!!
Posts: 6,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymrat View Post
Broke my gtr cherry yesterday, flew over over to Birmingham, collected the car and drove it back to sunny Belfast last night. All went well and was surprised how well the car eats up and soaks up the miles. My mk2 modified focus was less forgiving on the backside.
My issue and help needed is this... Today I've been driving round town getting used to gear shifting manually. In 2nd or 3rd gear for example if I was to hold a constant 2k revs say, the car starts to buck a bit. She does not like it. Now coming from the Ford scene and the continuous problems with the St's and Rs's I'm getting paranoid.
The car is a Litchfield 4.25, forged, litchfield 102mm non quiet exhaust system, litchfield handling kit, ap brakes among other stuff.
I didn't notice this on test drive as we used auto, used auto on drive home but after leaving the dealer yesterday and needing fuel I picked the only BP with no ultimate pumps sp fired 95ron in. The car was in map 1 all the time but I'm wondering if its the shitty fuel (I've now filled up with 97) best we have in n.i or plugs, maf or something costly or is it a trait?
Thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Chris
Who did you buy it from in Birmingham, I'll try to make some enquiries for you, shame you didn't pop in to mine in Birmingham i could have checked it over for you.
V-SpecII likes this.
__________________
Rabs Car Alarms 0121 771 1511 or 07973733441
Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official Dealers of:
Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser
Smartrack Trackers, Toad, Scorpion & Blackvue

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Takamo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 21st July 2019, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gymrat is unaware they can edit their status
New Users
 
Gymrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymrat View Post
Broke my gtr cherry yesterday, flew over over to Birmingham, collected the car and drove it back to sunny Belfast last night. All went well and was surprised how well the car eats up and soaks up the miles. My mk2 modified focus was less forgiving on the backside.
My issue and help needed is this... Today I've been driving round town getting used to gear shifting manually. In 2nd or 3rd gear for example if I was to hold a constant 2k revs say, the car starts to buck a bit. She does not like it. Now coming from the Ford scene and the continuous problems with the St's and Rs's I'm getting paranoid.
The car is a Litchfield 4.25, forged, litchfield 102mm non quiet exhaust system, litchfield handling kit, ap brakes among other stuff.
I didn't notice this on test drive as we used auto, used auto on drive home but after leaving the dealer yesterday and needing fuel I picked the only BP with no ultimate pumps sp fired 95ron in. The car was in map 1 all the time but I'm wondering if its the shitty fuel (I've now filled up with 97) best we have in n.i or plugs, maf or something costly or is it a trait?
Thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Chris
Who did you buy it from in Birmingham, I'll try to make some enquiries for you, shame you didn't pop in to mine in Birmingham i could have checked it over for you.
Bought it off Blakedown cars in wombourne. I'm in no way faulting them guys or anything like that, just curious if these cars don't like being held in 2nd at low speeds for example
__________________
Gymrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2019, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Comeal is Comeal
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 57
Just seen this sell on the blakedown page. Congrats, what a beast enjoy it!
__________________
Comeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 05:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Gymrat is unaware they can edit their status
New Users
 
Gymrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeal View Post
Just seen this sell on the blakedown page. Congrats, what a beast enjoy it!
Thanks, it's blown me away. Kids and the mrs love it
__________________
Gymrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 07:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
JohnE90M3 is 2019 BMW M5 Comp
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
JohnE90M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: south east
Cars owned: 2018 BMW M5 in Snapper rock blue
Posts: 592
I just looked at it, very nicely presented, just contact Litchfields with a readout.
It can't be much to fix.
__________________
Do it now you only live once
My New 2019 M5 CP
JohnE90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 08:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
L6DJX is reducing weight and getting stiffer ;)
GT-RDC Member
 
L6DJX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Nottingham
Cars owned: 2015 GTR Litchfield tuned
Posts: 895
mine does that in Map 95, it doesnt like it...

Get a log though and send it to Litcho
__________________
Forged Engine and Dodson Gearbox @880bhp/745ftlb
Fully Stripped out w/ GT3 Rollcage &Tillet Carbon seats
Alcon SuperKit, with Project Mu H16-03 Pads
JRZ RS PRO- With full SPL bushings and Camber arms
Quaife front Diff
Nankang AR-1
L6DJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 08:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
TREG is the man to speak to about photographing your wedding!
R35 Section manager
 
TREG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: West sussex.
Cars owned: R 35 GTR
Posts: 10,563
Presumably Litchfield mapped the car to run ok on 95 ron?
Never used it on mine so I cant advise
__________________
Your GTR wedding photographer.
TREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 09:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
mheaven is unaware they can edit their status
New Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymrat View Post
Bought it off Blakedown cars in wombourne. I'm in no way faulting them guys or anything like that, just curious if these cars don't like being held in 2nd at low speeds for example
Yeah i got mine from Blakedown too, really good bunch. MY15, Daytona Blue, Litchfield Stage 1. Car has been faultless
__________________
mheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2019, 06:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
archan is the beast
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 60
Does it only behave like that on RON95?

Ps. Welcome to the club! Love My GT-R to bits!
__________________
archan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2019, 05:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Gymrat is unaware they can edit their status
New Users
 
Gymrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by archan View Post
Does it only behave like that on RON95?

Ps. Welcome to the club! Love My GT-R to bits!
Thank you, did it once or twice yesterday on 97 map. That's the highest Ron we have here, getting some injector cleaner later to see if that does anything. It's not noticeable in auto as it it doesn't stay in low gears for long enough
__________________
Gymrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2019, 02:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
archan is the beast
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 60
Alrite. Sounds like a potential fine tune issue then. I would not be overly concerned, but it's always nice to have it looked over by a pro. If you have Ecutek and the Ecutek bluetooth dongle use the Ecu connect app to create a log and send to Litchfield as suggested.
__________________
archan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2019, 02:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Gymrat is unaware they can edit their status
New Users
 
Gymrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by archan View Post
Alrite. Sounds like a potential fine tune issue then. I would not be overly concerned, but it's always nice to have it looked over by a pro. If you have Ecutek and the Ecutek bluetooth dongle use the Ecu connect app to create a log and send to Litchfield as suggested.
Just back from speaking to someone. He thinks it may be the clutch needs a re learn. Biting point etc.
I'll def be lookin to the dongle, tidying a few things up first, centre console got wrapped yesterday, took the aged look of it
__________________
Gymrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com

tyreforums

 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.