Tuning modification protocol - Page 3 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance


Like Tree92Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th July 2019, 09:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
FRRACER is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
FRRACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Cars owned: R32.4.5
Posts: 9,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Duke View Post
Don't lose faith GTRNick, I have been building my car myself as I couldn't afford for someone to do the manifold gasket for me (turns out is was a turbo gasket anyway, lol) - the money I saved I have upgraded my turbos, bought a new plenum, and many other refurb parts for the car. I got stuck getting the turbos out, stuck getting the manifolds off, stuck getting the turbos and manifolds back in again... There were times I was so angry and disillusioned with the car I wanted to sell it or set fire to it... I walked away, came back and managed to do the bits I was stuck on, I'm now getting closer to putting the car back together again and finally enjoy it! (Providing she starts and I haven't ****ed anything up!)

It is different to your situation having spent a lot of money, but the awful feeling in the pit of your stomach is the same. I don't know who you used, but I hope a resolution can be found and you get your car back to running as it should.
Good stuff and your doing a great job. Garages are there most of the time to fleece and screw things up. I have very little faith in people in the garage and aftermarket tuning scene. Nicks example is one of many wonít be the last either.

If you have a pair of hands, a bit of common sense and logical thinking nothing is beyond most people to be able to do 75% of work on their cars.
Red Duke, K66 SKY and GTRNICK like this.
__________________
FRRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2019, 11:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
JapFreak786 is .
GT-RDC Member
 
JapFreak786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 8,052
Sorry to hear you are having issues Nick.
GTRNICK likes this.
__________________
Ď95 R33 GTR
JapFreak786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2019, 11:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
GTRNICK is Chillin
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
GTRNICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In my Gtr
Cars owned: Porsche 997 Turbo, U.K. R34 GTR V-spec Black, New Smart
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapFreak786 View Post
Sorry to hear you are having issues Nick.
Not to worry bro. It’s kind of a broken record now. Just gotta face the music and deal with it. I even tried to speak with one of them tonight on messenger but he showed know remorse and he’s either stupid or spineless and has blocked me so that’s me done trying to be amicable.

What’s funny is he even messaged me yesterday asking for diet advice and I still tried to help him because that’s what I do. But what did he do?
__________________
ďDonít mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me!Ē
GTRNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 31st July 2019, 02:27 AM   #44 (permalink)
Kadir is unaware they can edit their status
New Users
 
Kadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Cars owned: R34 GTR
Posts: 3,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRNICK View Post
Hi guys I just wanted some opinions.

If you had your car engine rebuilt because you didnít want any issues when running big power and went to the hassle of spending a hell of a lot of time and money buying and changing everything in and outside to prevent any issues.

What and how would expect the company you deal with to act?

Feel free to comment.

That is as simple a question as it is tough.. Thankfully, and touch wood, I am not in a position to have such engine work carried out to my own car. But IF I were to consider having my engine rebuilt to essentially future proof it then I would first have to have an idea of roughly what it is I would want done..

I would then have to have a careful think about which of the more reputable tuners/garages I would want to choose to carry out said work. It might even be worthwhile speaking to a couple of garages or more in an effort to be better informed.

Once a garage/tuner/engine builder has been chosen for the work, agreement needs to be reached upon as to exactly what work is to be carried out, what parts are to be supplied, a rough timescale of how long this work may take and of course what this will all cost because there is little point agreeing to work to your car if you physically cannot afford said work.

I can understand there maybe some movement on price but this also needs to be discussed in the spirit of transparency before anything is agreed.

I suppose the natural course then would be for the car to be booked in. The garage/tuner/builder should then make the necessary arrangements to ensure all required parts are brought into stock in time and if it is a case that payment is required from the customer for parts then this is something that has to also be agreed upon prior.

Once the car is handed over, the agreed works should be undertaken. And the car only returned to the customer once the agreed works have been completed and in a fashion that the garage is satisfied with. I would hope that the garage take the time to explain to the customer all that has been done whilst the car has been in their possession. Possibly even offer to take the customer out for a road test to ensure all is well and to offer an opportunity to the customer to ask any questions that they may have..

If a fault develops afterwards, then it would not be out of the ordinary I would have thought for the customer to feel comfortable enough to contact the garage and ask for help and advice.

So those are my thoughts for whatever they may be worth.

In an ideal world, it would be nice if the customer's needs were looked after. But sometimes complacency may set in and the customer is neglected or treated in a manner that is sub par by garages/tuners/engine builders.. It is quite sad really that some businesses operate the way they do leaving their customers bewildered.
GTRNICK and jnoor like this.
__________________
Kadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 06:23 AM   #45 (permalink)
GTRNICK is Chillin
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
GTRNICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In my Gtr
Cars owned: Porsche 997 Turbo, U.K. R34 GTR V-spec Black, New Smart
Posts: 2,070
First of all I would like to thank everyone who has taken the to comment on this sensitive subject so far, I know its a bitter one and no one wants to come onto a forum which is part of their passion and read this kind of negative shit.

But in all honesty what do I do?
Keep bottling this up in side me?
Keep going over the scenario of how stupid I feel?
Keep driving myself mad over it time and time again?
Where do I draw the line?

The problem was I cared to much about how I would look if I did speak the truth because they created such a great illusion of who they arenít and how they come across to me and to others was like a Godsend but how I have been dealt with in all honesty was the total opposite once the payments had been made and I was afraid to say anything as I felt like I was held to ransom! They had me by the bulls so speak BUT only because I was letting them in reality.

So now I have stopped caring and why should I care? They show no remorse! So why should I? Would you?

So I have now manned up about it, I have stopped complaining about it to them who do not seem to care and to the people around me who do care and now I should make people fully aware of who you are really really dealing with here, before you make a decision to go down a similar journey like I have.

Now you can make a real informed one!!!

Personally for me I have had previous dealings with other companies in the past as this is not my first Skyline and I steered away from them as they are not my cup of tea to put it nicely and Iíll leave it at that.

I did try to do my research on who was to take on my mammoth task ahead of me and the chosen company, to build my dream spec.
I do search the net as much as possible.
I did ring a few other places in the Skyline world.
I felt I made the right decision.

The company I chose in the end were very welcoming and I felt like wow this is the place. They took the time to talk to me many times before I had even brought my car to them, which you would think is a great sign for a start, they absolutely sold themselves to me, hell one of them even befriended me and asked me to come round his house for dinner and use to talk to me about his personal life and told me quite a few stories etc etc which I could not believe had happened but the dude played on my heart strings to feel sorry for him about what he has been through etc etc

Being honest I did feel sorry for him, I did listen to his complaints, I did give him advice, I did believe him, what a mug I was aye.

The other guy was the total opposite. He was strictly business which I found strange but I respected as at the end of the day you do not make friends or gel with everyone you meet and to the point none of this was my intention, i just wanted a descent tuning shop for my pride and joy.

So the fun began. When I look/think back now there was a lot of scaremongering and bad mouthing from my new friends mouth.

I was originally going in for a health check and new turbo kit from memory but that quickly escalated

He would put down/slag off the previous company who had built the engine and complain about the amount red paste or glue they use to hold the engine together and me being honest I didnít trust the guy who built it as I bought the car off him and like I said in an old post from a few years ago he sold me the car with a certain spec list and bits were missing so I guess it made sense to rebuild it for peace of mind.

I already had a Haltech plug in ECU which the Australians use with joy but I was recommended to change it to a link or Syvecs. Now if you know me I always want the very best when it comes to everything I do or put my mind to so what did I do? Yup I went for the Syvecs and all the sensors because lets not kid ourselves it does seem to be doing well out there for other companies and running a turbocharger good enough for 900hp plus hp you would think its common sense to have knock control and the added protection of oil pressure, turbo boost, turbo speed, oil temp, fuel pressure etc etc.

Anyway thats the ECU saga which Iíll bring back to life later..

Now for the turbo kit....

I purchased a BW EFR 9180 after some research as I loved the sound of how quickly it would spool and the transient response it has which was important for my type of use for the vehicle and also the power band I was trying to achieve. I also purchased 2 x 44mm Tial waste gates (still sitting here BNIB lol) to compliment the turbo. They were obviously aware of this but they decided to fit one of their MGT manifolds they had in stock and put 2 new turbo smart 38mm waste gates which I found a little frustrating but I thought they are the professionals and know what they are talking about so whom am I to argue with this.

Oh and Iím very lucky they actually fitted the BW EFR because they would not stop trying to ram a precision turbo down my throat to the point of us nearly having an argument over it. Precision is the best Borg warners are shit he said over and over again. I mean I just spent the best part of 2k on a turbo that I proudly researched to suit my needs and again he was trying to put doubts in my mind by telling me it was shit and precision is the best but Iím glad I resisted in this instance.


Sorry I have been awake since 5am writing this as I feel I now need to let it all out and cannot sleep because its on my mind but I have a busy morning so I will post this part of the saga for now and continue it later sorry for the cliffhanger Ill be honest i have never written anything like this in my life and nor do I enjoy it but Iím doing it because it has to be done! Plus i have made quite a few friends on here over the years who are asking me what has happened so it also makes sense to post the entire story eventually.
Mookistar, nozza1 and jnoor like this.
__________________
ďDonít mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me!Ē

Last edited by GTRNICK; 31st July 2019 at 06:33 AM..
GTRNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 07:05 AM   #46 (permalink)
matt j is at Strawberry Racing
Following EJH#25
 
matt j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,824
Sadly, I’ve heard similar stories far too many times Nick, just make sure you keep strictly to the facts and don’t get overly emotional. (Easy to say but hard in reality.)
If you want to go the legal route, I’m sure Simon and Neil are now free after getting a settlement for Amanda...
GTRNICK likes this.
__________________
matt j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 07:21 AM   #47 (permalink)
GTRNICK is Chillin
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
GTRNICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In my Gtr
Cars owned: Porsche 997 Turbo, U.K. R34 GTR V-spec Black, New Smart
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt j View Post
Sadly, Iíve heard similar stories far too many times Nick, just make sure you keep strictly to the facts and donít get overly emotional. (Easy to say but hard in reality.)
If you want to go the legal route, Iím sure Simon and Neil are now free after getting a settlement for Amanda...
Yes Iíll do my best to stick to the facts but I think without some of my emotion there is no truth or understanding of how I felt or feel and then iíts a lot harder for people to get the real deal.
matt j and paul450 like this.
__________________
ďDonít mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me!Ē
GTRNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 09:30 AM   #48 (permalink)
Umar is saying Nissans til the End
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Umar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sunny Yorkshire
Cars owned: BREAKING R32 GTR, view my thread Please
Posts: 1,226
Good luck Nick.

Just to make you smile...

I've been bent over in the past by majority of garages in the early 2000 period. Only then I decided to carry out work myself, where possible. DI've done all sorts and just learnt it myself and since made it a business too..

I've built engines where customers want to use thier own parts, fair play. But I'll tell them clearly as to where it stands in regards to warranty, so it's clarified and you just carry on with it. In life you come across various types of people and thier demands. Its matter of suiting to each person's needs, if and where you can.

In regards to lots of garages out there... It's just a wake up to see that lots of them are in for 1 thing only.
The after support is an indirect Big Middle Finger by majority of them.

However moving forward as Matt wrote.. He'll be able to help you if your requiring such support surely.

I don't know about your current car spec and problems with it.. There's too many threads to read on here.

Have you thought of whom you're thinking of giving your car to now? What's with it?

Regards

Umar
GTRNICK and FRRACER like this.
__________________
NissanFreak!!
Umar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 10:19 AM   #49 (permalink)
FRRACER is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
FRRACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Cars owned: R32.4.5
Posts: 9,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadir View Post
That is as simple a question as it is tough.. Thankfully, and touch wood, I am not in a position to have such engine work carried out to my own car. But IF I were to consider having my engine rebuilt to essentially future proof it then I would first have to have an idea of roughly what it is I would want done..

I would then have to have a careful think about which of the more reputable tuners/garages I would want to choose to carry out said work. It might even be worthwhile speaking to a couple of garages or more in an effort to be better informed.

Once a garage/tuner/engine builder has been chosen for the work, agreement needs to be reached upon as to exactly what work is to be carried out, what parts are to be supplied, a rough timescale of how long this work may take and of course what this will all cost because there is little point agreeing to work to your car if you physically cannot afford said work.

I can understand there maybe some movement on price but this also needs to be discussed in the spirit of transparency before anything is agreed.

I suppose the natural course then would be for the car to be booked in. The garage/tuner/builder should then make the necessary arrangements to ensure all required parts are brought into stock in time and if it is a case that payment is required from the customer for parts then this is something that has to also be agreed upon prior.

Once the car is handed over, the agreed works should be undertaken. And the car only returned to the customer once the agreed works have been completed and in a fashion that the garage is satisfied with. I would hope that the garage take the time to explain to the customer all that has been done whilst the car has been in their possession. Possibly even offer to take the customer out for a road test to ensure all is well and to offer an opportunity to the customer to ask any questions that they may have..

If a fault develops afterwards, then it would not be out of the ordinary I would have thought for the customer to feel comfortable enough to contact the garage and ask for help and advice.

So those are my thoughts for whatever they may be worth.

In an ideal world, it would be nice if the customer's needs were looked after. But sometimes complacency may set in and the customer is neglected or treated in a manner that is sub par by garages/tuners/engine builders.. It is quite sad really that some businesses operate the way they do leaving their customers bewildered.
Very hard to find someone in the UK who will remove build and fit back. Better off sending to Omori Japan and get them to build one or get a Tomei crate engine and fit yourself.
GTRNICK and Kadir like this.
__________________
FRRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 11:06 AM   #50 (permalink)
FRRACER is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
FRRACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Cars owned: R32.4.5
Posts: 9,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRNICK View Post
First of all I would like to thank everyone who has taken the to comment on this sensitive subject so far, I know its a bitter one and no one wants to come onto a forum which is part of their passion and read this kind of negative shit.

But in all honesty what do I do?
Keep bottling this up in side me?
Keep going over the scenario of how stupid I feel?
Keep driving myself mad over it time and time again?
Where do I draw the line?

The problem was I cared to much about how I would look if I did speak the truth because they created such a great illusion of who they arenít and how they come across to me and to others was like a Godsend but how I have been dealt with in all honesty was the total opposite once the payments had been made and I was afraid to say anything as I felt like I was held to ransom! They had me by the bulls so speak BUT only because I was letting them in reality.

So now I have stopped caring and why should I care? They show no remorse! So why should I? Would you?

So I have now manned up about it, I have stopped complaining about it to them who do not seem to care and to the people around me who do care and now I should make people fully aware of who you are really really dealing with here, before you make a decision to go down a similar journey like I have.

Now you can make a real informed one!!!

Personally for me I have had previous dealings with other companies in the past as this is not my first Skyline and I steered away from them as they are not my cup of tea to put it nicely and Iíll leave it at that.

I did try to do my research on who was to take on my mammoth task ahead of me and the chosen company, to build my dream spec.
I do search the net as much as possible.
I did ring a few other places in the Skyline world.
I felt I made the right decision.

The company I chose in the end were very welcoming and I felt like wow this is the place. They took the time to talk to me many times before I had even brought my car to them, which you would think is a great sign for a start, they absolutely sold themselves to me, hell one of them even befriended me and asked me to come round his house for dinner and use to talk to me about his personal life and told me quite a few stories etc etc which I could not believe had happened but the dude played on my heart strings to feel sorry for him about what he has been through etc etc

Being honest I did feel sorry for him, I did listen to his complaints, I did give him advice, I did believe him, what a mug I was aye.

The other guy was the total opposite. He was strictly business which I found strange but I respected as at the end of the day you do not make friends or gel with everyone you meet and to the point none of this was my intention, i just wanted a descent tuning shop for my pride and joy.

So the fun began. When I look/think back now there was a lot of scaremongering and bad mouthing from my new friends mouth.

I was originally going in for a health check and new turbo kit from memory but that quickly escalated

He would put down/slag off the previous company who had built the engine and complain about the amount red paste or glue they use to hold the engine together and me being honest I didnít trust the guy who built it as I bought the car off him and like I said in an old post from a few years ago he sold me the car with a certain spec list and bits were missing so I guess it made sense to rebuild it for peace of mind.

I already had a Haltech plug in ECU which the Australians use with joy but I was recommended to change it to a link or Syvecs. Now if you know me I always want the very best when it comes to everything I do or put my mind to so what did I do? Yup I went for the Syvecs and all the sensors because lets not kid ourselves it does seem to be doing well out there for other companies and running a turbocharger good enough for 900hp plus hp you would think its common sense to have knock control and the added protection of oil pressure, turbo boost, turbo speed, oil temp, fuel pressure etc etc.

Anyway thats the ECU saga which Iíll bring back to life later..

Now for the turbo kit....

I purchased a BW EFR 9180 after some research as I loved the sound of how quickly it would spool and the transient response it has which was important for my type of use for the vehicle and also the power band I was trying to achieve. I also purchased 2 x 44mm Tial waste gates (still sitting here BNIB lol) to compliment the turbo. They were obviously aware of this but they decided to fit one of their MGT manifolds they had in stock and put 2 new turbo smart 38mm waste gates which I found a little frustrating but I thought they are the professionals and know what they are talking about so whom am I to argue with this.

Oh and Iím very lucky they actually fitted the BW EFR because they would not stop trying to ram a precision turbo down my throat to the point of us nearly having an argument over it. Precision is the best Borg warners are shit he said over and over again. I mean I just spent the best part of 2k on a turbo that I proudly researched to suit my needs and again he was trying to put doubts in my mind by telling me it was shit and precision is the best but Iím glad I resisted in this instance.


Sorry I have been awake since 5am writing this as I feel I now need to let it all out and cannot sleep because its on my mind but I have a busy morning so I will post this part of the saga for now and continue it later sorry for the cliffhanger Ill be honest i have never written anything like this in my life and nor do I enjoy it but Iím doing it because it has to be done! Plus i have made quite a few friends on here over the years who are asking me what has happened so it also makes sense to post the entire story eventually.
No need to be embarrassed Nick who ever the company is that you used them and praised them in good faith as you were expecting a professional service.

Sometimes people can be the victims of their own success sometimes they cannot manage a business or workforce.

https://www.lancerregister.com/showt...t=227297&amp=1
GTRNICK likes this.
__________________
FRRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 01:21 PM   #51 (permalink)
Simonh is thinking bad thoughts
GT-RDC Member
 
Simonh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nottingham
Cars owned: MY11 R35 Recaro
Posts: 5,741
If you have been using who I think you have been using I can't say I am surprised, I had a very similar (but less expensive) experience with them and ended up needed to get my car finished properly somewhere else.

same story of trying to push me down a path that suited them despite already having parts fitted to the car.

I feel your pain.
GTRNICK and paul450 like this.
__________________
Doing it is not enough - it has to be done right.
Simonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 05:05 PM   #52 (permalink)
paul450 is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member
 
paul450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: scotland
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRRACER View Post
No need to be embarrassed Nick who ever the company is that you used them and praised them in good faith as you were expecting a professional service.

Sometimes people can be the victims of their own success sometimes they cannot manage a business or workforce.

https://www.lancerregister.com/showt...t=227297&amp=1
Just had a look at all 83 pages on that post.
Did the truth come out what actually happened at rc,did danny get prosecuted?
GTRNICK likes this.
__________________

Last edited by paul450; 31st July 2019 at 05:42 PM..
paul450 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 05:44 PM   #53 (permalink)
FRRACER is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
FRRACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Cars owned: R32.4.5
Posts: 9,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul450 View Post
Just had a look at all 83 pages on that post.
Did the truth come out what actually happened at rc,did danny get prosecuted?
Canít remember now there was another thread about a guy whose parts were all stripped a few years ago.
GTRNICK and paul450 like this.
__________________
FRRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 08:58 PM   #54 (permalink)
jnoor is told I am addicted to this site
New Users
 
jnoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRRACER View Post
Canít remember now there was another thread about a guy whose parts were all stripped a few years ago.
https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=227297

The juicy bits from page 27 and the guy shares inages of his evo after its was stripped.
GTRNICK likes this.
__________________
jnoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 11:54 PM   #55 (permalink)
GTRNICK is Chillin
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
GTRNICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In my Gtr
Cars owned: Porsche 997 Turbo, U.K. R34 GTR V-spec Black, New Smart
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonh View Post
If you have been using who I think you have been using I can't say I am surprised, I had a very similar (but less expensive) experience with them and ended up needed to get my car finished properly somewhere else.

same story of trying to push me down a path that suited them despite already having parts fitted to the car.

I feel your pain.
Yes it has been traumatic to say the very least. (Understatement)

The amount of stress caused knowing the fact that you have given away the best part of £30,000 and had problems from the first week of ownership till now has been a sickening...

Itís okay though it will get sorted because I shall not give up on this!
AlexJ and samgtr like this.
__________________
ďDonít mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me!Ē
GTRNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2019, 03:40 PM   #56 (permalink)
GTRNICK is Chillin
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
GTRNICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In my Gtr
Cars owned: Porsche 997 Turbo, U.K. R34 GTR V-spec Black, New Smart
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRNICK View Post
First of all I would like to thank everyone who has taken the to comment on this sensitive subject so far, I know its a bitter one and no one wants to come onto a forum which is part of their passion and read this kind of negative shit.

But in all honesty what do I do?
Keep bottling this up in side me?
Keep going over the scenario of how stupid I feel?
Keep driving myself mad over it time and time again?
Where do I draw the line?

The problem was I cared to much about how I would look if I did speak the truth because they created such a great illusion of who they arenít and how they come across to me and to others was like a Godsend but how I have been dealt with in all honesty was the total opposite once the payments had been made and I was afraid to say anything as I felt like I was held to ransom! They had me by the bulls so speak BUT only because I was letting them in reality.

So now I have stopped caring and why should I care? They show no remorse! So why should I? Would you?

So I have now manned up about it, I have stopped complaining about it to them who do not seem to care and to the people around me who do care and now I should make people fully aware of who you are really really dealing with here, before you make a decision to go down a similar journey like I have.

Now you can make a real informed one!!!

Personally for me I have had previous dealings with other companies in the past as this is not my first Skyline and I steered away from them as they are not my cup of tea to put it nicely and Iíll leave it at that.

I did try to do my research on who was to take on my mammoth task ahead of me and the chosen company, to build my dream spec.
I do search the net as much as possible.
I did ring a few other places in the Skyline world.
I felt I made the right decision.

The company I chose in the end were very welcoming and I felt like wow this is the place. They took the time to talk to me many times before I had even brought my car to them, which you would think is a great sign for a start, they absolutely sold themselves to me, hell one of them even befriended me and asked me to come round his house for dinner and use to talk to me about his personal life and told me quite a few stories etc etc which I could not believe had happened but the dude played on my heart strings to feel sorry for him about what he has been through etc etc

Being honest I did feel sorry for him, I did listen to his complaints, I did give him advice, I did believe him, what a mug I was aye.

The other guy was the total opposite. He was strictly business which I found strange but I respected as at the end of the day you do not make friends or gel with everyone you meet and to the point none of this was my intention, i just wanted a descent tuning shop for my pride and joy.

So the fun began. When I look/think back now there was a lot of scaremongering and bad mouthing from my new friends mouth.

I was originally going in for a health check and new turbo kit from memory but that quickly escalated

He would put down/slag off the previous company who had built the engine and complain about the amount red paste or glue they use to hold the engine together and me being honest I didnít trust the guy who built it as I bought the car off him and like I said in an old post from a few years ago he sold me the car with a certain spec list and bits were missing so I guess it made sense to rebuild it for peace of mind.

I already had a Haltech plug in ECU which the Australians use with joy but I was recommended to change it to a link or Syvecs. Now if you know me I always want the very best when it comes to everything I do or put my mind to so what did I do? Yup I went for the Syvecs and all the sensors because lets not kid ourselves it does seem to be doing well out there for other companies and running a turbocharger good enough for 900hp plus hp you would think its common sense to have knock control and the added protection of oil pressure, turbo boost, turbo speed, oil temp, fuel pressure etc etc.

Anyway thats the ECU saga which Iíll bring back to life later..

Now for the turbo kit....

I purchased a BW EFR 9180 after some research as I loved the sound of how quickly it would spool and the transient response it has which was important for my type of use for the vehicle and also the power band I was trying to achieve. I also purchased 2 x 44mm Tial waste gates (still sitting here BNIB lol) to compliment the turbo. They were obviously aware of this but they decided to fit one of their MGT manifolds they had in stock and put 2 new turbo smart 38mm waste gates which I found a little frustrating but I thought they are the professionals and know what they are talking about so whom am I to argue with this.

Oh and Iím very lucky they actually fitted the BW EFR because they would not stop trying to ram a precision turbo down my throat to the point of us nearly having an argument over it. Precision is the best Borg warners are shit he said over and over again. I mean I just spent the best part of 2k on a turbo that I proudly researched to suit my needs and again he was trying to put doubts in my mind by telling me it was shit and precision is the best but Iím glad I resisted in this instance.


Sorry I have been awake since 5am writing this as I feel I now need to let it all out and cannot sleep because its on my mind but I have a busy morning so I will post this part of the saga for now and continue it later sorry for the cliffhanger Ill be honest I have never written anything like this in my life and nor do I enjoy it but Iím doing it because it has to be done! Plus I have made quite a few friends on here over the years who are asking me what has happened so it also makes sense to post the entire story eventually.

Gosh this is hard. Anyway here it goes again!

So I mentioned the ECU and the turbo/wastegates.

Specs were kind of agreed for now.

We had a plan of what we were all trying to achieve with my car.

If you know me I love top speed events.. Iím not a qtr mile or track guy. I love the idea of doing 200mph plus. I do not know why but thats my thing! But I also wanted to build something that could be versatile if need be hence my choice of turbo because it has great transient response and produces descent power up top, which they kept failing to understand (with the precision digs here and there which iíll be very honest was just pissing me off constantly!!!) but its ok I just kept ignoring them to just get on with my build.

So the build continued. The engine builder in the company I used continued to strip my engine and take it apart and I must admit he did a great job of taking pics and sending them to me and making complaints of how it was built by the previous guy/company! He then laid out all of the parts that were being re used i.e. the stroker kit etc etc. He warned me that whoever did build the engine previously (mike from RB Motorsport) put the Conrod the wrong way round and explained to me heís going to put it back in the way it came out eventually. The reason for this just flew over my head as I havenít a clue in this department so I went along with his reasoning as he is the professional!

Anyway everything was cleaned up engine wise etc etc and engine short block was ready to be built.

So as far as I remember this went ahead with all new bearings, bolts and gaskets etc etc whatever was needed. I mentioned dry sump but I was told not to bother because I do not track it. Personally I wanted to do it and kept mentioning it but again the professionals steered me clear so you would think ok they arenít trying to milk me so must be a good sign! (I wish I did fit it now with what I have learnt I just now understand it was to much of a challenge for the professionals).

TBC.....
__________________
ďDonít mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me!Ē
GTRNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2019, 04:05 PM   #57 (permalink)
paul450 is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member
 
paul450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: scotland
Posts: 226
hope you get all the issues fixed mate,and you get the car running perfect and how you wanted

I feel your pain
GTRNICK likes this.
__________________
paul450 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2019, 09:29 AM   #58 (permalink)
FRRACER is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
FRRACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Cars owned: R32.4.5
Posts: 9,668
Terrible hope you manage to sort it out but also put forward what really happened because at the moment it’s all too vague - you started a thread about a tuner in question then simply put forward the whole story from your side.
GTRNICK likes this.
__________________
FRRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2019, 01:06 PM   #59 (permalink)
GTRNICK is Chillin
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
GTRNICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In my Gtr
Cars owned: Porsche 997 Turbo, U.K. R34 GTR V-spec Black, New Smart
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul450 View Post
hope you get all the issues fixed mate,and you get the car running perfect and how you wanted

I feel your pain
Thanks Paul and do not worry I’m sure it will be running correctly sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRRACER View Post
Terrible hope you manage to sort it out but also put forward what really happened because at the moment it’s all too vague - you started a thread about a tuner in question then simply put forward the whole story from your side.
Younes I appreciate your concern but please keep your nose out where it doesn’t concern you in the most polite way possible. Is that Ok?

I will write this post in my way not yours.

You are quite right though it is terrible.

So just grab one of these and chill.
__________________
ďDonít mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me!Ē
GTRNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2019, 07:45 PM   #60 (permalink)
Umar is saying Nissans til the End
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Umar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sunny Yorkshire
Cars owned: BREAKING R32 GTR, view my thread Please
Posts: 1,226
So what was your spec wish list and what was the build/tuners recommendations and final parts/tune = Outcome?
__________________
NissanFreak!!
Umar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com

tyreforums

 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.