Wheel size/set up & Brake pad question - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th July 2019, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gymrat is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Wheel size/set up & Brake pad question

Hi guys,
Bit of a double whammy here, the car came with an AP black bbk set up and the pads are needing changing. Currently has ds2500's which are very dusty. Can anyone recommend a decent pad for fast road use only?
Also this is my current tyre set up which came on the car
Front 285/35/20
Rear 305/30/20
Tyres are p zeros all round. I've looked on here but can't get confirmed if this is an ok combo. AC speedtech posted sonething about the torque split so went for a drive but it's beyond me what I'm looking for.
Help appreciated

Chris
Old 30th July 2019, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tin
Tin is modded out.
GT-RDC Member

AP BBK Pads - JCR Does some nice pad upgrades for this, but DS2500s are a good road pad.

285/305 combo comes out at 2.39% which is too high, anything less than 1% difference or as close as possible to the OEM sizes is better on the 4wd clutch.
Old 30th July 2019, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
HEDGEHOG MAN is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymrat View Post
Hi guys,
Bit of a double whammy here, the car came with an AP black bbk set up and the pads are needing changing. Currently has ds2500's which are very dusty. Can anyone recommend a decent pad for fast road use only?
Front 285/35/20
Rear 305/30/20
Tyres are p zeros all round. I've looked on here but can't get confirmed if this is an ok combo. AC speedtech posted sonething about the torque split so went for a drive but it's beyond me what I'm looking for.
Help appreciated

Chris
Hi,DS2500s are dusty pads,try MX72s they are a good pad,with a lot less dust,might be a harder pad though,so not quite the feel through the pedal,ive been running 285 front and 305 back mpss for 3 years now with no side effects.A lot of people on this forum do i believe.

Old 30th July 2019, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEDGEHOG MAN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymrat View Post
Hi guys,
Front 285/35/20
Rear 305/30/20
Help appreciated

Chris
Hi,DS2500s are dusty pads,try MX72s they are a good pad,with a lot less dust,might be a harder pad though,so not quite the feel through the pedal,ive been running 285 front and 305 back mpss for 3 years now with no side effects.A lot of people on this forum do i believe.
Ill def take a look at them ***x1f44d;
Can I ask why you opted for that set up, what make do you use? one of my fronts will need replacing soon aswell. T/C light flickered once when I booted it, other than that and a bit of judder last night scaring the life out of a friend at silly speed they seem an ok tyre
Old 30th July 2019, 10:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
AP BBK Pads - JCR Does some nice pad upgrades for this, but DS2500s are a good road pad.

285/305 combo comes out at 2.39% which is too high, anything less than 1% difference or as close as possible to the OEM sizes is better on the 4wd clutch.
Cheers mate, I'll give them a shout. Yeah that's what AC where eluding to in an old post. Can the 305 remain but the fronts be changed? It's the front passenger needing changed and the backs are like new
Tried to take in posts from here earlier but tyres aren't really something I've looked into when past modding. Different story now with this car
Old 31st July 2019, 04:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Samopangy is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Speak to AC Speedtech to order you a set of Motek Racing ST600 pads for fast road and track use. Andy or Alan will tell you more about the info.