Stage 2 --> Stage 4 (or 4.25) - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17th August 2019, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
smoggy12345 is a proud owner of a Stage 2 09 GT-R!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Stage 2 --> Stage 4 (or 4.25)

So I'm currently Litchfield stage 2.

Am I right in thinking that to get to stage 4 I just need 1100 injectors + Induction kit?? And whats the cost involved? Dont mind going 2nd hand route.

1100injectors? £600???
Induction? £300??
Remote Remap £250??
Fitting cost??

and 4.25 is just + downpipes?

Downpipes £300?
+ fitting??

Dean.
Old 17th August 2019, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
herman is i cant believe my 32 is gone im gutted.
GT-RDC Member

Hi, I’m in same position as you and I’m going to stage 4 in 2/3 weeks time. I’ve got russ fellow y pipe and kn drop in air filters at moment. All I’m doing is getting ansu 1050 fuel injectors fitted and a remap, been told induction kit isn’t really needed as already got kn drop in air filters. And your right 4.25 is the downpipes being replaced taking out the cats in original ones and most people just get straight through downpipes, ( when I was looking was advised to make sure if I went down decatted downpipes route to make sure they had cast ends on them) , but a lot extra work and it’s a lottery if the studs break when doing downpipes so I’m leaving my originals on. Plus side will still pass mot , the down side it won’t sound as loud as decatted downpipes
Old 17th August 2019, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
jasoburch is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

2 to 4

I was at Litchfield yesterday having PS4S's and the handling kit fitted. I'm currently at Stage 1, but Ian said to upgrade to Stage 4 (keeping my standard exhaust) was £1800 all in. Stage 2 to 4 should be the same price.

Old 18th August 2019, 05:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

So....

I can use 1000cc+ injectors (I wont ever go beyond 4.25)
Herman....Dont you also need the larger bore air intakes with the standard air boxes+KN???
My Exhaust is only 76mm as well with Miltek Y Pipe.... looking at most of the tuning pages they offer 102mm exhaust with stage 4 and above??

Also anyone had any luck with the Japspeed Sports cat downpipes?? I assume i'd lose probably about 10bhp over a decat but not too bothered about that as I don't have a Catted Y Pipe to change out for MOT's and cba with the chew tbh!

Thanks for replies so far.

Last edited by smoggy12345; 18th August 2019 at 05:31 AM..
smoggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2019, 07:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
marcusevo6 is unaware they can edit their status

i had mine in a few weeks ago for fitting the dp's (i supplied) remap (stage 4.25) and a service think it was around £1400 off the top of my head!
Old 18th August 2019, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
Hi, Iím in same position as you and Iím going to stage 4 in 2/3 weeks time. Iíve got russ fellow y pipe and kn drop in air filters at moment. All Iím doing is getting ansu 1050 fuel injectors fitted and a remap, been told induction kit isnít really needed as already got kn drop in air filters. And your right 4.25 is the downpipes being replaced taking out the cats in original ones and most people just get straight through downpipes, ( when I was looking was advised to make sure if I went down decatted downpipes route to make sure they had cast ends on them) , but a lot extra work and itís a lottery if the studs break when doing downpipes so Iím leaving my originals on. Plus side will still pass mot , the down side it wonít sound as loud as decatted downpipes
Can anyone confirm or deny this???

I suspect you need full intakes to get the quoted power figure but if its not needed to reach the 640bhp mark then its a no brainer!
Old 18th August 2019, 10:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Simonh is thinking bad thoughts
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: MY11 R35 Recaro
Serious question - do you really notice the difference between stage 2 and stage 4? It’s only 40 bhp or so
Old 18th August 2019, 10:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Well.....I know what your saying but I'm getting kinda bored of the GTR now....had it nearly 4 yrs...I was gonna sell but cant get the APR i wanted on a loan so trying to make things a bit more interesting again.
Old 18th August 2019, 11:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
marcusevo6 is unaware they can edit their status

mine made just under 660 with the stage 4.25 so i guess that would be noticeable going to 4.25 over 4
Old 18th August 2019, 11:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Chris Wiltshire is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

I noticed a big difference going from stage 2 to 4.25. Much stronger top end. Felt more like a rollercoaster ride haha
Old 18th August 2019, 11:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Hi, I’m just repeating what my runner told me. He said one his customers stopped his after market intakes off and put standards boxes bk in with kn air filters, think it was something to do with what country he was travelling to and going to be there a while, and he reported that that he didn’t notice any difference in performance after dropping them?? So I thought if I don’t need to spend out the cash then why bother?? If for some reason it turns out to be in true it’s not hard to put intakes on afterwards a***x1f44d;
Maybe somebody else can confirm or deny it it is true or not?? Be good to know..
Old 18th August 2019, 11:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Sorry for all spelling mistakes poxy predictive texting!!!
Old 18th August 2019, 11:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Ow meant to say I’ve got standard exhaust on also
Old 18th August 2019, 12:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
TalibGTR is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Massive, massive difference between stage 1/2 and stage 4.25.

Ive had 3 GTRs - Stage 1, Stage 4.25 and a Stage 2, which I paid to get the Stage 4.25 Conversion 2 weeks ago from Litchfields. The difference is night and day, even though on paper it might not seem much. The GTR feels like a brand new car.

To the OP, the only difference between Stage 4 and Stage 4.25 is the addition of decat downpipes (in the 4.25 package). This technically makes your car not road legal (as there are no catalytic converters at all) and your GTR will smell like fuel, however the GTR sounds phenomena with the decat downpipes. There’s a massive sound difference and a huge increase in turbo noise with the decat downpipes. Also, you can easily put the original y-pipe back in and it’ll pass an MOT and become road legal again.

Also note, that Litchfields will only fit their items, so you’ll have to pay what they quote, unless you buy what they approve/use in their Stage 4.25 package (e.g. Litchfield air intakes, Milltek downpipes, ANSU 1050cc injectors, etc).

Last edited by TalibGTR; 18th August 2019 at 12:20 PM..
TalibGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2019, 02:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Kieranrob is MY11 GT-R

I went from stage 4 to stage 4.25 and the noise difference very noticeable! As said above it sounds amazing when flat out and the increase in turbo noise is great too