R32 doesn't move when in gear - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan Skyline Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th October 2019, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bobbyg is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

R32 doesn't move when in gear

Got an 89 R32 4wd, clutch is working fine, used borescope to check, but when you put it in gear nothing happens. Clutch is spinning, but not any of the wheels. Thought I might need to bleed Attesa system but don't know if that will help.
Any info will be appreciated!
Old 9th October 2019, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Spiidfriik is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Cars owned: Skyline GT-R R33, Celica GT-Four ST205, Eagle Talon TSi G1b, M5 Touring E34
Attesa only effect front wheels.
My guess is your ingoing shaft has snaped. Or outgoing, but then you should get crunches when changing gear without clutch.

Last edited by Spiidfriik; 9th October 2019 at 06:21 PM..
Spiidfriik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2019, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
K66 SKY is NO longer a subscribed reader of Evo magazine -The thrill of errrm....Advertising Watches???
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: 1992 Carlton GSi 3000 24v - 1996 R33 Skyline GT-R Standard Spec II.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiidfriik View Post
My guess is your ingoing shaft has snaped. Or outgoing, but then you should get crunches when changing gear without clutch.
Unless the Crown Wheel or Pinion has been utterly destroyed inside the Nissan R200 Rear Differential, This way the Cars Clutch would work perfectly and You'd have no grinding/crunching or other untoward unpleasant noises when trying to move the vehicle.

Old 9th October 2019, 06:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spiidfriik is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Cars owned: Skyline GT-R R33, Celica GT-Four ST205, Eagle Talon TSi G1b, M5 Touring E34
What i meant was:
If you put it in gear gear when standing still, engine running, without using the clutch and theres no crunch, id say ingoing shaft in gearbox is off and nothing inside the gearbox is turning.
Old 9th October 2019, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
K66 SKY is NO longer a subscribed reader of Evo magazine -The thrill of errrm....Advertising Watches???
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: 1992 Carlton GSi 3000 24v - 1996 R33 Skyline GT-R Standard Spec II.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiidfriik View Post
What i meant was:
If you put it in gear gear when standing still, engine running, without using the clutch and theres no crunch, id say ingoing shaft in gearbox is off and nothing inside the gearbox is turning.
Agree Spiidfriik! Its either going to be a Fubar'd Gearbox or a F#@ked Differential that's going to be at fault when the Car has no Drive but Its Clutch is working as intended. Neither unfortunately are going to be cheap or easy to fix....
Old 9th October 2019, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bobbyg is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it.