GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Restoration/Modification of my road legal Circuit racing R32 GTR
View Single Post
Old 13th June 2018, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
David
David is unaware they can edit their status
Registered

Cars owned: R33 GTR, Silvia Spec R
I then shipped my s15 off to the body shop and had space to get the r32 in.

The picture below is the image I have currently in my head as to how the car will look when finished. I am now thinking slightly wilder but more on that later.

Now my aim for the car is to be able to compete in it on the circuit possibly in one of the ccsc classes but this would limit me to h pattern and I really want to go sequential and have a go at TOTB

The car came with some nice bits, at the moment basic spec will be (*= I already have the parts)

2.6 basic forged engine for 700ish *
Dry sump
Efr 8374 on sinco manifold *
Syvecs *
Tarox 10 pots *
Sequential gearbox or Getrag *
Nitrous for TOTB

Other bits I already have

cs2 shocks with remote canisters
cusco 1.5 rear diff

The main aim at the moment is trying get as much weight as possible out of the car. Get it running with a fairly simple engine while I debug everything then step up to a stroker or rb30 based engine (as I also have one of them)

I am still undecided and I’ll show in pictures later if I will cut the front and back off the car from the strut tops forwards and backwards to really minise weight.

The first job was to start stripping and find out how bad the rust was. That will be tomorrow’s update.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg CA920F61-E431-4276-BA9E-76B4D9E03979.jpeg (139.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by David; 13th June 2018 at 10:38 PM..
David is offline   Reply With Quote