GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - GTR relay theft testing - the results are not good.
View Single Post
Old 28th February 2019, 03:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Takamo
Takamo is Living the Dream... Alhumdulillah (thanks to God)
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, R35 GTR and many many more!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodatcrashing View Post
Yes, agree this has been happening for many years and is certainly not new. I wanted to test specific cars, such as the GTR to clarify some of the forum myths that it only affected CBA's or that the engine would not start.

At some point, I'd like to test my GTR with the other tools commonly used by thieves such as the OBD key clone.

I'm not here to endorse any specific products, but there are several options people can use depending on budget, security level and hassle factor.

No matter what security you have, if a thief is determined and well equipped enough, they will be able to steal it.
I agree but that if they really are determined they can take the owner with them or physical pick it up on a trailer but as far starting the car up using key cloning methods, signal boosting or obd hacking the ghost is the only product which prevents that successfully and if fitted correctly to the high standard required then very hard to locate and remove, it doesn't emit any signals or frequency, it doesn't click or have any wiring which will lead you to it like other devices. Faraday pouches are good but if the thief breaks into the car he can clone a key from the ecu directly via obd port which the ghost doesn't allow. In my professional opinion with 30 yrs of vehicle security experience and research the ghost and some type of tracker added to the vehicle which already has cat one factory alarm is a good enough combination. Hope this helps, oh and just to add cba, dba and eba suffer the same problem,

Official Dealers of:
Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser
Smartrack Trackers, Toad, Scorpion & Blackvue

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!

Last edited by Takamo; 28th February 2019 at 03:37 PM..
Takamo is offline   Reply With Quote