GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - A tale of two Skylines.
View Single Post
Old 24th April 2019, 09:25 AM   #171 (permalink)
Red Duke
Red Duke is renovating and upgrading!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: QM1 R33 GTR & Toyota GT86 daily
Thanks to the crow foot set I got the front turbo water pipe off when I got home from work last night. I didn't get a lot of time for much else, but I've WD40'd the broken heat shield bolts, manifold nuts and studs. I went through my "Nissan Storeroom" and found I have the Nismo exhaust gasket set. Glad I didn't order another set at £100+! I really should make a list of all the part numbers and everything I've bought over the last 2 or 3 years, I might actually remember what I've already bought then.

In other news, RHD Japan got back to me about stocking the Garage Yoshida double din / AC relocation surround. They're a lot cheaper than Nengun and also have an unpainted version for about £220! As my surrounds are all refurbished in a satin black, I've ordered it. It is on a month to 6 week lead time as they're made to order.

I'll be ordering the Nismo R1 turbos tonight too. As it is Golden week in Japan soon (which will be an extended holiday) everything is likely to be delayed. I've ordered some black UHT paint for the heat shields, I might do the manifolds too, not that you'll see them and I can also get on with cleaning up the bay and removing the front bumper, possibly fit the new Nismo oil cooler too as I'll be doing an oil change anyway.