GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - A tale of two Skylines.
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2019, 07:58 PM   #195 (permalink)
Red Duke
Red Duke is renovating and upgrading!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: QM1 R33 GTR & Toyota GT86 daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by K66 SKY View Post
LOL! And there was me thinking it'd most likely be a massively huge Invoice billed to you for Taxes and all manner of other associated extra Shipping costs from purchasing products from Japan!
Lol I get those too but I work out what parts will likely cost me landed in the UK. For example, I bought Blitz front and rear strut braces and a fair few other parts for my GT86 from Japan and still paid less than what I'd pay for just the strut braces alone from a UK supplier! Sometimes things are more expensive, sometimes not.

Oh, top tip.. Dont use EMS as Parcelfarce then get involved, your parcel will sit in customs for weeks and then they'll eventually send you a letter demanding you pay their fees (for "handling your parcel") before they'll even think about releasing it to you. Invariably it'll be damaged, delivered to the wrong address or "left in your safe place" (by the front door, in the rain) and you'll pay between £12 and £24 for the privilege!