GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - A tale of two Skylines.
View Single Post
Old 4th July 2019, 01:27 AM   #216 (permalink)
RB28
RB28 is @RB28V on Instagram
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Cars owned: R34 GTR Vspec RB28 Vcam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Duke View Post
Thanks RB28, it was a bit more of a "things I've bought" diary for a while, glad to say I've started doing more myself! Currently putting the Nismo oil cooler shroud together, I had to move everything so my wife could also sit at the dining room table last night and I ended up riveting a piece on back to front. I can't blame her as between the Japanese instructions, pictures that make zero sense and not checking I'd put the pieces back the right way around it was bound to happen! It has left me short a few rivets which I think we have at work, so I'll blag a few for the last couple of bits that need doing.

Had great news from RHD Japan, everything is ready for dispatch already! Should see the new bumper bar, etc. this week! I'm getting excited now, my water & oil lines got collected by the platers yesterday and I dropped the engine covers & Nismo plenum off for paint too. The car should start going back together soon, few bits I want to blast and paint and I'll be good to go!

Jimbo, 1 1/8th socket was spot on, thank you for that! I just need to modify the old water to oil cooler slightly now to fit the Nismo oil block in its place, Greddy relocation should screw straight onto the oil filter OEM location then too.
Doing all that stuff yourself does give you peace of mind knowing you've sorted things out!

Ive just got to the stage of having ALMOST everything either on the car or sold haha. I still have an extra set of TE37's and Coilovers but considering i Had 2 cars in pieces a few months ago I think I've done alright.

Nismo plenum will look the goods! My Nismo plenum arrived a bit late and it's a bit of a misson doing the installation after the motor is in. Definitely get that fitted while the motor is out. Mine still isnt in

Exciting times ahead!