My R32 GTR pics - Page 12 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26th April 2012, 09:45 AM   #221 (permalink)
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambastu View Post
I had the covers on my old RB25 and you still get oil coming out even in that location but does make breather pipe routing neater. Are you planning on running the RB25 cambelt backplate and cover or leaving it all open ?

Cheers
Stu
Hadnt really thought about that TBH. Probably just stick with the 26 setup thats there. I presumed they're compatible??? If not, I'll just run it open!!

Had the car up at Abbey yesterday....
Couple of issues but the bottome line is that I need to rewire both AFM's back to the ECU and Mark advised I also rewire the CAS. We discussed ECU's and, as the car ran without issue using a spare G4 that Mark had lying around, I reckon I'm going to have to accelerate the ECU swap. Was quite impressed with the G4 Xtreme and what Mark had to say about it. However, at the moment I'm still smitten with the Syvecs S6 but I'm always open to suggestions and I'm going to go off and do an in-depth comparisson on both. I reckon the Syvecs has the edge but we'll see...

So, still stuff to do on the car and visit to Abbey didnt have the desired outcome (despite their brilliant efforts! Thanks again guys!). On the plus side, I have a way forward so thats a positive.

Onward and upward

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 09:51 AM   #222 (permalink)
Simonh is thinking bad thoughts
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: MY11 R35 Recaro
if certainly don't mind waiting

bad news you didn't get the result you were looking for but at least it is still steps forward.
Old 26th April 2012, 05:52 PM   #223 (permalink)
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonh View Post
if certainly don't mind waiting

bad news you didn't get the result you were looking for but at least it is still steps forward.
OK, I'll run you one off...

Got around to addressing some of the issues found at Abbey yesterday. Tightened up a few things that needed tightening as well as stripping down both my front adjustable upper links and freeing them off. Surprisingly they werent bad at all. Perhaps a lack of available leverage caused issues.....anyway, they're as free as a free thing now.

Also received my roof aerial today from HK which will connect to my Motorola GP340 in the car...didnt hang about getting it installed

Got a strong magnet on the base which I'll supplement with some adhesive at some point. Unfortunately cable protrudes from side of base which is a shame...I'd rather it came out the bottom of the base for a cleaner look ..

so, making progress again....would rather have been booking a trackday but thats the way the cookie crumbles

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)

Old 30th April 2012, 08:01 PM   #224 (permalink)
New Users

Been busy of late thinking about what direction Im going to take with regards to ECU and what sensors Im going to plug into it. Still convinced however that Syvecs is the way forward. Found a 3 BAR MAP sensor for a great price on here (thanks Michael!) which I'll keep on the parts shelf for the time being. Looking at getting an LSU 4.9 Lambda sensor and fuel temp sensor at some point soon to have ready for the ECU install.
One of the things that Abbey found was that one of the tie rods (they'll always be steering arms to me ) was worn so I've managed to pick up some new Moonface Super Lap hardened items also from our hallowed 'For Sale' pages. Going to replace the track rod ends (sorry, tie rod ends ) also but was shocked by the price of the Moonface items. Mind you, the standard ones arent exactly cheap either!!! Anyway, I'll get the Moonface ones and be done with it!! Will probably also replace the gaiters on the rack while I'm at it so all the steering components will be new.
Speaking of the trip to Abbey, I took a pic of it on the trailer..

Looked a bit sad without the front bumper and rear wing (which I'd decided to leave in the garage) and despite the horrendous rain we got there in the end!!

Picked up the EPRacing canards I bought from another forum and fitted them yesterday. Not exactly a perfect fit but Im happy with the results.

Cant wait to fit the bumper back on the car to get the full effect of the canards and splitter. I think the (positive) efect on aero's will be enormous but only time on track will tell and thats still a far off goal yet!
Next thing I'm going to do is try and make up some Moonface-style roll centre spacers similar to these...

Will get some alloy blocks this week and take it from there. Will keep you posted

TT
Old 30th April 2012, 08:55 PM   #225 (permalink)
jdmchrist is wtb other parts!!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: r32gtr
Good progress man! It's cool that you fabricate some of your own parts!
Old 2nd May 2012, 06:49 AM   #226 (permalink)
Austrian GTR is now EFR boosted
GTROC Member

Cars owned: CX5 CD175 Revolution Top, R32 GTR
Great work mate

Curious to hear about the effects of the roll center adjuster once you have it fitted

Cheers,

Leo

My GTR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Austrian GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 08:53 AM   #227 (permalink)
cox
cox is waiting the GT4...

Cars owned: Honda Nsx, GTR 32, Porsche 964 c4, Bmw 320d Msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian GTR View Post
Great work mate

Curious to hear about the effects of the roll center adjuster once you have it fitted

Cheers,

Leo
+ 1
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:04 AM   #228 (permalink)
mambastu is looking forward to fork lift powah !

Cars owned: TH1 R32GTR, Ex-RB25DETT RS13
Group buy ?

Stu
mambastu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 07:18 PM   #229 (permalink)
New Users

Been busy the last couple of days sorting out bits and pieces in preparation for the purchase of the new ECU. I have purchased:-
3 BAR MAP sensor
1 BAR MAP sensor (for barometric pressure sensing)
Bosch M12 Fuel temp sensor
a panel mount RJ45 fitting (for ECU-PC comms)

On the list are:
LSU 4.9 wideband lambda probe
Water pressure sensor
EGT thermocouple probe
4 x convertors to allow reading of OEM ABS rings as Wheel Speed Sensors
Steering angle sensor (just for the hell of it!!)

Ideally I would like to have everything instrumented e.g. linear pots for damper movement, individual port EGT sensors...the whole show. Having the Bosch Motorsport catalogue only serves to humour my imagination Its staggering just how many things you can get sensors for these days. When I was a mechanic it was pretty much the basics!!

Finally managed to get the canards looking sensible on the bumper...

Car looks crazy when looking full frontal but I'm hoping that with the sdjustable splitter its all going to come good.
Got a call from my local welding chap so my sump is ready for collecting tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. Just need to make up some solid engine mounts and I can get cracking fitting the F/R GTS-4 CWP's

TT
Old 5th May 2012, 10:47 AM   #230 (permalink)
New Users

In the garage yesterday doing a bit of pondering about how to sort out this fuel temp sensor business...
Had some 50mm alloy bar kicking around which I machined down a bit then drilled and tapped to take -10 fittings. Machined a flat on the side and drilled/tapped an M12x1.5 port for the sensor. The sensor hasnt arrived yet so I had to work out the depth from the drawing in the Bosch catalogue. If my measurements are correct (not always a given ) then the probe should sit nicely in the fuel stream.

The fittings are the -10's I modified for the cam covers and aren't for this project. Have ordered two male/male -10 couplings with viton o-rings specifically for the job. I'll plumb this into the return line as close to the rail as possible. The second pic looks as if the port is shrouded by the -10 fitting bit its only the angle....

I'll incorporate the fitting of this when I repplace the fuelling system with the new cell, pumps and lines. This will be before the ECU fitting so will work out well.

Off out now to take some measurements for replacement solid engine mounts and front roll centre adjusters.

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 5th May 2012 at 10:50 AM..
Old 8th May 2012, 05:48 PM   #231 (permalink)
New Users

Finally got the fuel temp sensor today and amazingly my measurments have been spot on..

Also, in preparation for the new ECU (whatever that may be!!) I have installed an easy to access Ethernet comms port..

Yet to wire it obviously but the idea is to give easy access to the ECU for mapping/changing settings etc. I also have a dust seal coming to address the dust issue. I have to say that finding a panel mount RJ45 socket was a proper PITA!!!

Have also ordered some blocks of aluminium for the engine mounts and roll centre adjusters so Im making good progress. Managed to find a block that was near the exact length and width of the mounts while being slightly larger than twice the height so its a simple case of chopping it in half and drilling the centre to take some threaded rod akin to the originals. The blocks for the roll centre spacers will require some time on the lathe to machine the male and female locators but its not a biggie. Reckon I'll change the lower outer balljoints at the same time seeing as they're not all that dear.

TT
Old 10th May 2012, 07:28 PM   #232 (permalink)
New Users

Take one block of aluminium 110x105x25mm...

Cut it in two....

do a little machining and you get one of these....

Have ordered some new front lower outer balljoints to go on when I fit the blocks. Good job I did really as the ones that came off were shot to bits. At £90 a pair its a bit steep but Id rather replace them than not..... Going to do the lower inners as well when I get around to it.
Just need to wait on the balljoints and the longer 75mm high tensile cap screws and I can get it all put back together....

OK, the blocks arent anodised a pretty colour and arent all nicely rounded (bench grinder broken ) but they will do the job required of them.

TT
Old 11th May 2012, 09:49 AM   #233 (permalink)
cox
cox is waiting the GT4...

Cars owned: Honda Nsx, GTR 32, Porsche 964 c4, Bmw 320d Msport
Great work.... Well done mate... I cant wait to hear about the results. ;-)
Old 14th May 2012, 06:47 PM   #234 (permalink)
New Users

And this is what it looks like all mounted up with new lower balljoint.....

Very happy with them and seeing as the cheapest genuine Moonface blocks are £180-odd PLUS postage from Japan I reckon my £8.50 block of aluminium and 4 longer high tensile bolts at £4 are a bit of a bargain!!!

TT
Old 14th May 2012, 09:49 PM   #235 (permalink)
fourtoes is milk monitor
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: R32 GTR
Tidy Scott!!!

bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on Facebook ZEALOU5 turning cars into heroes.

ZEALOU5

Please Whatsapp me on 07970699470.
(^^^best way to get in touch tbh^^^).
Mobile: 07970699470

Email:
fourtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 10:51 PM   #236 (permalink)
New Users

Why thank you sir .......

TT
Old 15th May 2012, 12:08 AM   #237 (permalink)
jaz
jaz is awesome!

Cars owned: r32gtr
how much to make me some?!
Old 18th May 2012, 10:30 PM   #238 (permalink)
New Users

In the middle of doing 1001 jobs right now....
However I managed to get the RB25 covers painted and fitted..

Look fantastic and really transform the engine bay!!!!

Also been making a decision on what sensors I am going to hook up to the new ECU. I've gone for:-
Oil Temperature, Oil Pressure, Fuel Temperature, Fuel Pressure, Water Temperature, Water Pressure, Manifold Pressure(MAP), Barometric Pressure, Charge Air Temperature, Ambient Air Temperature, Crank Angle, Cam Angle, Wheel Speed, Wideband Lambda, knock x 2, EGT, Throttle Position, fuel level

I think that about covers it for the moment. I will also be adding a turbo shaft speed sensor when I get the 4094 fitted later on. As I'm sure I mentiond before I would also like to add things like steering angle and damper motion further down the line.
I have collected some of the sensors already and intend to replace all the OEM sensors for Bosch (or equivalent) apart from the throttle position sensor (well, at least thats the plan). With the OEM sensors being 23yrs old its probably a good bet to replace them anyway!! Again the more data the ECU can collect, (potentially) the more I can do with it. I mean how good would it be to add a rain sensor and have the ECU switch automatically to a wet weather map for example!!!. Its amazing wht you can do with management systems these days!!!!

TT
Old 21st May 2012, 10:25 PM   #239 (permalink)
New Users

Removed the fuel tank today.....required a tad more effort than I thought it would LOL.
The tank strap ends were a bugger to get off but got there in the end. Sold my Nismo pump and regulator which prompted me to get on with changing the fuelling setup for the 2xBosch 044's I have kicking about
Going to remove all the standard lines along with all the aeroquip hose and fittings (which will be up for sale soon!!) and replace the whole lot with bigger bore stuff....possibly hardline.
ECU is coming out as I've decided that now is the time to do it. Just need to sort out some things regarding the replacement and we'll be good to go....

TT
Old 22nd May 2012, 03:41 AM   #240 (permalink)
Marcus_gtr is On a F.....g Mission

Cars owned: Audi s3 8v , Escort Cosworth Cabriolet, RS 500.. Escort Rs Turbo.R32 GTR
Looks wicked mate, keep up the good work