My R32 GTR pics - Page 16 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1st November 2012, 04:24 PM   #301 (permalink)
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
The breather fittings I tapped into the covers. Bought a tap specially for An-10 (which has come in handy for a few things now) and just screwed the fittings in place. Far more elegant than bonding/welding etc.

Im SO glad I went with 25 covers....makes me wonder why Nissan chose to design the 26 covers the way they did....its a poorer design IMHO.

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 01:50 PM   #302 (permalink)
Adam Kindness is phu phu phu
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R32 GTR
sounds like a plan. Found a set on EBAY for 30, and some push in fittings.

Whats the baffle setup like on the 25 covers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Sponsored by Ultralite &

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Adam Kindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 07:04 PM   #303 (permalink)
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Kindness View Post
sounds like a plan. Found a set on EBAY for 30, and some push in fittings.

Whats the baffle setup like on the 25 covers?
Cant remember 100% TBH. I seem to recall just ditching them!

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)

Old 3rd November 2012, 04:59 AM   #304 (permalink)

mmkay, i'll see how you get on with that first

Whens it going to see the light of day?

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 3rd November 2012, 10:52 AM   #305 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Whens it going to see the light of day?
if i could get £1 for every time i've been asked that, id be rich

Bottom line is...as soon as i get the cash together to buy, fit and map a Syvecs S8!!! (probably on the track by late spring i reckon)

TT
Old 3rd November 2012, 11:12 AM   #306 (permalink)

hehe, thats on our list!

Nitrons
Dry Sump
Syvecs

Problem being the Impreza is 'needing' all that too (and a new engine)

Its never ending! Do you have a price from Paul at ZEN? He gave us a good price for an S6 but we've not got round to looking into it yet.

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 3rd November 2012, 05:47 PM   #307 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
hehe, thats on our list!

Nitrons
Dry Sump
Syvecs

Problem being the Impreza is 'needing' all that too (and a new engine)

Its never ending! Do you have a price from Paul at ZEN? He gave us a good price for an S6 but we've not got round to looking into it yet.
No, not yet. Will contact him (as well as my other 'possibles' for installation/mapping and see how I get on. Love the S6, but I think an S8 will suit the ultimate spec of the car better..

TT
Old 5th November 2012, 09:51 AM   #308 (permalink)
[email protected] M/S is looking forward to racing on the circuits again soon
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: Skylines...
Depands what you want from your Syvecs to what model you have fitted;

the S6 is limited to 1 knock sensor and 1 lambda sensor input and is also limited to I/O ( inputs/outputs) which will hold you back with regards data logging other inputs other than oil pressure/oil temperature/fuel pressure+ 1 other items.

Do you guys want to run traction control as well if so and you want to go over to a Crank sensor 36-1/phase sensor then you really need to go over to the S8 Syvecs Model as running traction control on a S6 takes up a couple of the Inputs that we normally use for input data-logging.

We have been using a S6 on our 350Z development car for a few months now ( car is only N/A) but the traction control is awesome,data-logging is very good as well , multi calibrations for both Traction and Engine is good as well.

With regards crank trigger set up if your wanting to make big BHP i would say go over to 36-1(36-2) set up but if it is a road car the CAS should work okay.

Any more questions ask away.
Up to date diagnostics for all Nissan,s Consult 1/2/3
Latest Spec Hunter Alignment Rig and Ramp
Corner weight scales for trackset up
Tuner of the fastest Rb26 powered car in Europe
Any information needed give us a ring or mail us

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Mark@Abbey M/S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 03:16 PM   #309 (permalink)
New Users

Hey Mark, you're one of the 'possibles' I was going to contact . Been in contact with Ryan via Syvecs site about all this and it was primarily the issue with number of inputs and the knock control that made me decide S8 was the way forward. Pat (at Syvecs) did mention they have an S6 expansion module available to extend the number of inputs but I really think S8 is the way forward for me TBH. AM I right in thinking that the S8 can directly drive the coilpacks and injectors without ignitor (coils) and resistor pack (inj)??

For crank position sensing I am definitely going to move to a crank trigger and am waiting on Andy (AMT) to sort out his kit based on the Ross damper I will be using. As for traction control, its something I would like to explore but perhaps not initially until I have had the car out a few times and become familiar with the handling again. I am intending to fit signal conditioners to all 4 wheel sensors so I can feed them into the ECU. Obviously this is essential for traction control so the hardware will already be in place!

Seeing as you have brought it up could you quote me for an S8, installed and mapped. I have added some extra sensors (which have been fitted and have the correct connectors) that I would need connected to the ECU also...nothing crazy. An approximate figure would be great

TT
Old 6th November 2012, 08:12 AM   #310 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

TT,

send me a email with what parts you have already;

Re the Traction , your only need 2 signal convertors as the S8 has 4 uni-polar inputs but your need 2 of these to run the crank trigger/phase sensor.

Thanks

Mark

Old 6th November 2012, 11:26 AM   #311 (permalink)
New Users

Will do..

TT
Old 6th November 2012, 06:12 PM   #312 (permalink)
Ryan.g is never at home!

Cars owned: R35GTR, Toyota Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] M/S View Post
TT,

send me a email with what parts you have already;

Re the Traction , your only need 2 signal convertors as the S8 has 4 uni-polar inputs but your need 2 of these to run the crank trigger/phase sensor.

Thanks

Mark
You won't need any with the s8 bud, it has 16 fully configurable inputs for setting as bipolar, unipolar, voltage and thermistor
Old 7th November 2012, 09:59 AM   #313 (permalink)
New Users

Ahhh, so i can plug the unfiltered ABS ring outputs to the S8 and configure them?

TT
Old 8th November 2012, 07:51 AM   #314 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

Scott, yes sorry had my S6 head on, looking at the S8 wiring diagram think we can even log if you turn the indicators on.

Working on the quote for you.

Mark

Old 8th November 2012, 03:52 PM   #315 (permalink)
muzzer2002 is is skint after buying bits
New Users

Cars owned: r33 gtr
Just an observation. But would the return to tank not be better being lower down than from right out the top of the swirl pot.

Id have the feeds from pumps going in top fittings and return from rail and return to tak out the side fittings. To stop the swirl pot becoming to presurised

I could be completly wrong
Old 8th November 2012, 05:44 PM   #316 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

Always return out of the top of the swirl pot to the main tank as this will remove the air from the swirl pot.

And it doesn't matter where the pipes are fitted the pressure is dictated by the supplying pump , the return pipe size and the amount of fuel returned from the fuel rail.

You find your see most pressure in the swirl pot when idling due to the amount of fuel being returned.

Old 10th November 2012, 11:59 PM   #317 (permalink)
New Users

Well, been getting a few more parts together to finish off this bleedin fuel system once and for all...
Now have the fuel cooling matrix (a 9 row oil cooler)

AN-10 (5/8") aluminium hardline and fittings

AN-10 90deg bulkhead fitting, AN-10 push-on hose and fittings.

Also got some 76mm neoprene hose with a spun aluminium intake

to feed air through a rectangular vent which will be getting bonded to the front of the cooler so all the collected air gets forced through and not wasted! This weekend has unfortunately been unavailable for working on the car due to a family visit so I will crack on on Monday night after work. Will hopefully have it all fitted, plumbed and tested by midweek I reckon!

In the meantime I have also bagged a new Nismo transmission mount and a 6pt roll cage!! The cage was a coup as I've been after one for a while. I HAD originally planned to go with a fully welded in one but the factors of cost and time came into play. To get the cage I wanted would have cost over £2k and taken me around 6 months to channel funds in that direction.
Going to a bolt in gives me most of the protection for a fraction of the cost. I can always brace the bolt in to the chassis later for extra stiffening. Besides, I NEED to get funds put away for the Syvecs S8 and going daft on a £2k cage isn't really helping the ECU fund. The bolt-in didn't exactly come up at a great time but I couldn't pass up the opportunity!! (thanks Al!!!)
Getting the cage done sooner rather than later means I can fit my fibreglass doors and lexan windows earlier and reap the weight benefits that these bring!!

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 11th November 2012 at 05:34 PM..
Old 12th November 2012, 10:00 PM   #318 (permalink)
camlob is unaware they can edit their status

TT, what brand is that oil cooler?
Old 12th November 2012, 11:41 PM   #319 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by camlob View Post
TT, what brand is that oil cooler?
Dunno......got it here

Looks as well made as any Mocal etc cooler......

TT
Old 13th November 2012, 01:14 AM   #320 (permalink)
camlob is unaware they can edit their status

I'll get one too. Where did you get the fittings?

BTW, the fuel cell and the pumps looked really neat! Very good work.

Last edited by camlob; 13th November 2012 at 02:26 AM..
camlob is offline   Reply With Quote