GTR Forum banner

My R32 GTR pics

307K views 854 replies 142 participants last post by  GT-R David 
#1 ·
Thought it was about time I posted some pics of my GTR. Had it now for around 6 months so you could say I've been a bit lazy in the pic department :chuckle: :chuckle: .
Anyway, here goes....

Not very arty-fart but gives you the jist of how it looks. As you can see, I've removed the 'Skyline anniversary' sticker off the boot lid to make it look a bit cleaner
As far as the exterior goes, I only intend to add a Nismo boot lip and that will be it as I love the look of an R32 with N1 body 'kit'.

No underbonnet shots yet i'm afraid as I thought id wait until I get my Tomei Fuel rail and braided hoses fitted which will tart things up a bit :chuckle:

TT

See less See more
#710 ·
Indeed......:)

TT

#711 · (Edited)
Didn't get around to starting on the ETS-Pro but DID get to fitting the DMC-D converter...

Fitted under the passengers dashboard/wheelwell/bulkhead area.....

Used the Front Near-Side ABS ring sensor and Rear Off-Side at present so as to at least have data from a front and rear source.

If I get a minute over the next few days I'll get started on the ETS-Pro...

TT

Reactions: FRRACER
#712 · (Edited)
Been a bit of a hiatus on the GTR lately with housey stuff to be getting on with....however,

Got to work on the ETS-Pro and got the control unit mounted just behind drivers seat...

Routed G-sensor, mode button and pot wiring to the central tunnel area, then got busy with the fibreglass and carbon and made a little, angled switch holder...

In a wider context..

Also wired up the ETS wires to the ATTESSA solenoid so that's about it other than tapping into the TPS wire as it needs a feed from that to work properly in 'Auto' mode. Ran out of time tonight otherwise I'd have done it. Job for tomorrow :).....

TT

Reactions: cokey
#715 ·
Been a bit of a hiatus on the GTR lately with housey stuff to be getting on with....however,

Got to work on the ETS-Pro and got the control unit mounted just behind drivers seat...

Routed G-sensor, mode button and pot wiring to the central tunnel area...

Then got busy with the fibreglass and carbon and made a little, angled switch holder...

In a wider context..

Also wired up the ETS wires to the ATTESSA solenoid so that's about it other than tapping into the TPS wire as it needs a feed from that to work properly in 'Auto' mode. Ran out of time tonight otherwise I'd have done it. Job for tomorrow :).....

TT
Speak to Rich at Full Race, the original Knob was much cooler !
The led ring was in the alloy Knob.
Love the functionality of your mouldings,obviously designed to be covered by robson In unobtaincantara at a later date ! :runaway:
Might part with my rear carbon diffuser, I felt the difference !
let me know . ;):thumbsup:
cheers cokey

#714 ·
#717 ·
Not got around to plumbing it in yet but it will go in the return line.

TT

#718 · (Edited)
Well, got my rear brake bells back from the local machine shop. Not bad for £80...

Looking forward to getting them and the calipers on tomorrow :)

TT

#720 ·
Thanks.
Had a chuckle to myself about you when I was putting them together....

:chuckle:

TT

#721 · (Edited)
After a bit of fettling of the bells after discovering my centre bore measurements were off (I hadn't noticed that there was a small step at the hub end) I got the rotor/bells and calipers on......

Might look a little small in diameter (310mm) but what they lack here they make up for in width (32mm). Plenty thermal mass to get rid of heat!!

Both sides done, now just need to make up some rear lines and bleed them.

Well pleased with the effort today....

TT

#724 ·
Hi Iain, thanks for the kind words!!

I try to be a little 'left field' when it comes to modifications and parts and tend not to follow the crowd. I find sheep often end up in kebab shops (metaphorically speaking!) :chuckle::chuckle:

Being Scottish, I tend to like a bargain and get more of a buzz from finding decent bargains than buying everything new....which I find a bit boring.!!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read all my mutterings and drivel :)

TT

Reactions: anthonymcgrath
#726 ·
Car wont be mobile for another couple of months yet....I'll let you know!!

:)

TT

#727 · (Edited)
Got on with the rear brakes again today and got then finished! Got some AN3 braided hose and ends the other day and made up some lines. Bled them earlier and all is good!!

Also made the decision to remove the cap screws securing the bell to the rotor and replace them with button head 10.9 HT bolts instead....

The low profile bolt heads will help with decreasing air resistance :)chuckle:)...

Also finished wiring the stock 4WD power feeds so just need to fire it up and see what happens..

So, now all that is left is to get the dampers rebuilt, get them back on and we're ready for mapping........

Excited!!

TT

Reactions: FRRACER
#730 · (Edited)
After finding a local place that does anodising, I'm thinking that I might get the bells done in order to provide a bit of corrosion resistance....getting quotes.

Anyway...

After buying a myriad of different hoses and joiners I have finally managed to find a workable solution for the cold-side boost plumbing using the minimum amount of joins and which has the least nasty bends...

Quite pleased with that.... Just need to get some proper sized hose clamps and we're sorted. Just leaves the air filter....
I may have gone a bit big (largest cylindrical filter in the K&N catalogue!) on the filter, given the boost plumbing is now in place. I think I may have to cut more of the inner wing away and tuck it down behind the light. Won't be a massive issue.
On completion of this, all engine-related work will be complete!!

Really just leaves the damper rebuild and we'll be off for some mapping!!!

Excellent!!

TT

#732 · (Edited)
Got to work on the issue of the air filter assembly...

Cut away more of the lower inner wing to accommodate the, quite frankly...ENORMOUS, K&N filter...

Had some edge trim left over so added it to the edge to make it less hazardous to hands and filter :chuckle:.

Got a delivery of aluminium duct today so used it to connect turbo to filter...

Decided to go with braided lines for the wastegates so have ordered some PTFE hose and ends so it bloody better look/perform the part for the c£150 spend!!! :eek:

TT

Reactions: Whitewheels
#733 · (Edited)
Got a bit of motor motivation today and painted the replica N1 lip that I modified (shortened to fit between catches)..

Decided that, rather than bugger about with double-sided tape and glue etc which is a bit hit-and-miss, I'd secure it with pop-rivets. I've added a couple of layers of FG to reinforce the areas that the rivets will grip to in the hope it won't break :chuckle:

No comments about the dust please!! :chuckle:

TT

#736 · (Edited)
So many good ideas / solutions, mind if I borrow a few? :D
Thanks for the kind words....

By all means borrow the ideas. However I insist you have a LARGE sticker made up and prominently displayed saying "This car contains parts inspired by tarmac terror"...

:chuckle: :chuckle:

TT

Reactions: Austrian GTR
#739 ·
Got some AN3 fittings and hose and made up some boost control plumbing to wastegates and boost controller....

Just an example. Had some DEI thermal sheath sitting doing nothing so used that to help keep heat under control :)

Somewhere along the line I managed to get my requirements wrong, therefore I am 2 fittings and a tee-piece short!! These will be getting ordered ASAP and work completed.

On another note, I sent my 2 front dampers away to AST for a rebuild so it's only the rear's to sort out when I get paid and then the car is ready for mapping.

Having thought about it, it's daft to get the mapping done now as trackdays get sparse over winter and I'm not keen about debuting the car at a winter session. Therefore, I will mothball the car until spring and get it mapped then.

TT

Reactions: anthonymcgrath
#741 ·
No. Will use the guy Matt J suggested (forget his name but it's in a thread somewhere!)

The cable ties will be fine...as I said, had the heat sheath lying around and its more as a 'just in case' than critical. Besides, i have some stainless tie wraps should I be proven wrong.

TT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.