GTR Forum banner

My R32 GTR pics

307K views 854 replies 142 participants last post by  GT-R David 
#1 ·
Thought it was about time I posted some pics of my GTR. Had it now for around 6 months so you could say I've been a bit lazy in the pic department :chuckle: :chuckle: .
Anyway, here goes....

Not very arty-fart but gives you the jist of how it looks. As you can see, I've removed the 'Skyline anniversary' sticker off the boot lid to make it look a bit cleaner
As far as the exterior goes, I only intend to add a Nismo boot lip and that will be it as I love the look of an R32 with N1 body 'kit'.

No underbonnet shots yet i'm afraid as I thought id wait until I get my Tomei Fuel rail and braided hoses fitted which will tart things up a bit :chuckle:

TT

See less See more
#792 ·
So, with the debacle with the cams I have received a dremel bit so I can 'process' the bits of the head that are fouling on the cam lobes....rather annoying! Obviously I will take precautions to ensure that no aluminium dust goes where it shouldn't! :D

On another note, I'm STILL waiting on the front struts I sent away to get refurbed months ago!! Starting to get a little annoyed with the time taken and the various stories I seem to get when I call for updates!. Not the sort of service I'd expect especially given the fact that I have the rears which need the same treatment!!

TT

#793 · (Edited)
Not got around to sorting out cams yet but HAVE ordereed a Nismo clutch pivot from RHD....

and some nice new short steel wheel nuts to replace the aluminium ones I got. If I want to eventually compete the car then the alu ones would have to go anyway...

Thinking about fitting a sump extension to the spare sump containing the 4.375 CWP and ATB diff. Seems like a perfect opportunity to do it while it's still off the car. I like the RIPS one but need to do some research on others. NOT a fan of the Trust one as I feel it sits WAY too low on the car...

Any suggestions??

TT

#796 ·
If you could take a pic, that would be much appreciated....!

What's the nismo clutch pivot? Never seen one?

Oo and are rhdjapan any good? Eg fast delivery and reliable? I've just discovered chubbered upper arms on my 32gtr so want to get a new set poss nismo ones.
Various companies do an uprated clutch pivot in stronger material as the standard one has a habit of wearing badly, ESPECIALLY if using an uprated clutch. I'll be fitting a quad plate OS in the near future so is a perfect opportunity to change.
RHDJapan are awesome! My first choice of Japan-based suppliers. Excellent service and highly recommended!!

TT

Reactions: anthonymcgrath
#798 ·
Yes, they do have a lot of nice stuff that you tend not to see elsewhere...

TT

Reactions: anthonymcgrath
#801 ·
So, the cam debacle is now sorted. Using a combi of dremel and chisel(!) I now have a head that happily accepts my Trust/Greddy cams.....

Next debacle...there's always more then 1.....is my dampers. Sent to AST in October IIRC. They've apparently caused a bit of a furore and are essentially new units. Hope to get these back (just the fronts!!) soon.

I've managed to install a 42" plasma display in the garage and build a cheeky PC with some left over bits (a watercooled HD6990 graphic card is perhaps a tad OTT for a garage PC!!:chuckle:) so I can hook the Motec up and tap away in the car with a wireless keyboard. Said PC will also carry my BMW and Peugeot dealer-level software for my other motors :).

I'd planned on getting the GTR mapped this year but flying and my recently acquired E63 M6 are sucking up the 'black project' fund....

Still, progress made... I'm off for 2wks so hopefully get some other jobs finished....

TT

#803 ·
Thanks!!

Will be happier when it finally moves again under it's own power..:popcorn::popcorn:

TT

#804 · (Edited)
Well, this morning saw the arrival of a box. This box contained......

My 2 front dampers which have been away for a rebuild....

Within 5mins I had them unpacked and fitted :)

Just need to get the rears sent away now and then the GTR can, once again, rest on it's own 4 wheels. Then, the first job will be to give it a wash...:chuckle:

TT

#805 · (Edited)
Noticed that the new dampers didn't come with adjusters so I was feeling a bit bored and made some up on the lathe....

Will just need to drill the lower portion to take a grub screw and job done...

A small job but big on satisfaction!!! :)

TT

Reactions: MS33
#806 · (Edited)
Well, finally got the rear suspension back from refurb. Car's been on stands and idle since around last August so to say it's been a while is an understatement.

Box arrived this morning and they were on in 5 mins :chuckle:.....

So, just mapping now and we should be good to go ....

*excited*

TT

#807 · (Edited)
After my mate buying a bias box for his Fiesta RS Turbo and a remote adjuster I felt it was about time I bought a remote adjuster for the GTR.
Had an old carbon panel lying around that I'd made ages ago so got around to sorting out a mounting for the adjuster....

Didn't get around to connecting it to my bias box but will probably get that done tomorrow for some in-cockpit brake adjustment :)..

TT

#809 ·
Hi Chris, using Imgur as host.

Yes, hopefully should have it running under it's own power by year end!!

TT

#811 ·
Thanks. I will try and get around to porting my pics from photobucket to Imgur and sort the links. A mammoth task but worth it I think..

TT

#814 ·
Thanks.

Got through some pic transfers and light editing. Unfortunately I can't see myself going all the way back so will do as much as I'm able.

F***ing Photobucket assholes!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TT

Reactions: Silverhks
#816 ·
Was out at the car the other day to upload some revised PDM settings and, by sheer luck, I noticed that the brake lights were on...... I thought it might be PDM playing up so checked settings etc....nothing out of the ordinary. Was getting a bit flummoxed as none of the PDM side was 'wrong'....

Moved on to the brake switch and tested that which worked as it should!!?? Running out of ideas by this time.....

Then, it hit me.....

something I've never seen before in all my days as a mechanic....

The brake pedal arm had a big hole in it where the switch pin should press against something!!!! (WTF!!!??)

(not the best pic TBH!)

Also, there were small bits of plastic in drivers footwell..

After a bit of too-ing and fro-ing with Nissan re part numbers I ordered one of these......

Seems Nissan in their wisdom have engineered a plastic/rubber 'button' into the actuation mechanism which presses against the switch pin.....

Image of button fitted to pedal..

Which now provides something for pin to strike against....

THE most unnecessary piece of engineering I've seen in a LONG time. Why the hell not just put in a plate so that the switch has something solid to press against and is permanent!!?? Would have welded this myself but space was tight and it would have required the removal of the pedal which was high on my hassle-o-meter :chuckle: :chuckle:

So, shy of £3 later problem solved. Part number is 46584-Y9500 should anyone else need one. The part number shown on the net when searching for this part (46512-H0101) is now not available from Nissan and some dealers will shrug their shoulders and say tell you to get a used one!!? Given that mine went brittle and fell to pieces over time means that buying used might end up with the same result soon.

Anyway, issue solved :D

TT

Reactions: Whitewheels
#820 ·
Been relatively quiet on the GTR front this past while. Been after a slider kit for the drivers door for ages so bought one!!......

Very happy with the results and at only £28 from JJC Race and Rally it represented a huge bargain over say, P4P....!!

On another note, bought a nice little 12V 2.1 amplifier for the garage PC so I can get internet radio and my iTunes stuff when I connect it to the network. Had a pair of decent Sonance ceiling speakers lying around so chucked them up in the garage roof :squintdan:squintdan....

Really pumps :chuckle::chuckle:

Also nearly bought myself a Motec ADL dash (1st Gen)...Had a lot of features enabled but backed out at the last minute as, in all honesty, my current Dash 2 set up is adequate and does what I need it to do. Logging will be taken care of anyway by the ECU..

It's funny how you can get fixated on something and keep on justifying its purchase to yourself. Thankful I had a moment of clarity!!! :D

TT

#822 ·
LOL....thanks Rich!

My missus thinks I'm scared of finishing it :chuckle: :chuckle:.....subconsciously, that might be the case :).

On another note...

Ordered another slider for the passenger side. I should have just bought 2 at the time....*sigh*. Will also look at adding some formers to the windows for a little extra rigidity. I see Plastics 4 Performance have now started to do stiffners too....

Stiffner plates

Also got some Cat6a so I can connect garage to rest of house network and internet. Will allow access to iTunes so I can make the most of my cool speakers :chuckle:

Just need to order the replacement side skirts which will be TBO-style (most likely from Gary @ Japsalon) and get them painted and fitted.

Apart from that, the only things left to do before mapping are:
  1. Fill and test fuel system
  2. Investigate lack of oil pressure

I suspect the lack of oil pressure is due to either a lack of rpm while cranking and/or the fact I didn't fill the lines to/from oil cooler and remote filter assy. With the engine sitting for years, all the oil will have migrated back to sump. Unfortunately due to the (IMHO crazy) design of the oil pump, there is no facility to prime like you can on, say, a Ford Pinto/YB etc with a drill :). Having the pump driven by crank on the front cover means that this is not possible :(:(

Anyway, will look at this soon....

TT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.