My R32 GTR pics - Page 27 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15th December 2014, 05:54 PM   #521 (permalink)
Coleyst200 is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Looking good mate
Old 15th December 2014, 07:10 PM   #522 (permalink)
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChedaCheez View Post
How's the sound of the Ti? A little higher pitched than the apexi?
No idea TBH.....can't start the car until I have an ECU. That will be next summer, perhaps a bit sooner..

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 11:02 PM   #523 (permalink)
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
So, the links that should work THIS time!!...

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)

Old 22nd December 2014, 02:06 PM   #524 (permalink)
speedingpanther is Playing with R34 RB install

Cars owned: MNP R33 GTR, White Spec2 Stagea
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmac terror View Post
So, the links that should work THIS time!!...

TT
Just running through your thread during a late lunch, and couldn't see any decent pics of your brake air guides/coolers.

Got any better pics squire?

Fanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 05:17 PM   #525 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingpanther View Post
Just running through your thread during a late lunch, and couldn't see any decent pics of your brake air guides/coolers.

Got any better pics squire?

Fanks
No mate, not gotten around to sorting out brake cooling ducts TBH......

On the plus side you HAVE reminded me to add it to the list

TT
Old 22nd December 2014, 06:19 PM   #526 (permalink)
speedingpanther is Playing with R34 RB install

Cars owned: MNP R33 GTR, White Spec2 Stagea
My R32 GTR pics

Quote:
No mate, not gotten around to sorting out brake cooling ducts TBH......

On the plus side you HAVE reminded me to add it to the list

TT

Lol
So 2 questions then...
What's the duct in the pic for?
And - decided how you are going to do it?

For me I'm thinking... Front scoops from bunker to inner front disc with arm air guide as extra.
And either under body or possibly side skirt scoop again to inner front of rear disk (I'll be fitting Jun style so these could be modified fairly easily IMO), then again with arm mounted air guide.

Dave
Old 22nd December 2014, 07:02 PM   #527 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingpanther View Post
Lol
So 2 questions then...
What's the duct in the pic for?
And - decided how you are going to do it?

For me I'm thinking... Front scoops from bunker to inner front disc with arm air guide as extra.
And either under body or possibly side skirt scoop again to inner front of rear disk (I'll be fitting Jun style so these could be modified fairly easily IMO), then again with arm mounted air guide.

Dave
Hi Dave. The duct if for the fuel cooler (detailed a few pages ago...). As for the brakes, i reckon I'll utilise the existing front bumper ducts with some low profile hose and have the hoses exit in the middle of the disc at the back.

TT
Old 2nd January 2015, 08:03 PM   #528 (permalink)
New Users

So....bought a Tomei Ti decat from AndysGTR (thanks Andy!) to compliment the Amuse Ti system I also bought from him....

Went to fit it and noticed that it was missing something.........a lambda boss which my old decat had. Faster than a rabbit down a hole I had cut a nice hole in it........

I also bought a Ti nut which I will mill down a bit and have welded in place.

Also a nice 500g saving

TT
Old 9th January 2015, 11:54 AM   #529 (permalink)
Chris32R is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
So....bought a Tomei Ti decat from AndysGTR (thanks Andy!) to compliment the Amuse Ti system I also bought from him....

Went to fit it and noticed that it was missing something.........a lambda boss which my old decat had. Faster than a rabbit down a hole I had cut a nice hole in it........

I also bought a Ti nut which I will mill down a bit and have welded in place.

Also a nice 500g saving

TT
The bung for the cat is only an exhaust temp sensor which illuminates the check engine light on the dash if the temperature is too high due to a blocked cat. It's not essential to have since you are running a straight pipe and I believe this is the reason why Tomei didn't bother fitting a bung to their pipe.
No harm in having it there though.
I do like the Tomei Ti straight pipe. I was going to get one to match the Ti cat back I got. Shame it's only available in 3 inch
Old 18th March 2015, 09:39 PM   #530 (permalink)
New Users

The hole is to take my new wideband lambda to feed data to ECU. I also have 2 EGT sensors, 1 in each turbo exhaust elbow to provide extra data.

The plan is to have a good set of instrumentation with which to log. Better to have lots of good data than no data at all!!!

TT
Old 25th March 2015, 01:17 PM   #531 (permalink)
New Users

Well, sent off my plenum and Ti decat to get some bosses (which I sourced myself) welded on..... A very reasonable £40 later I have these..

VERY happy with the quality of the work. Will get the decat on ASAP. The plenum will need a sanding to true-out the mating face of the half in the pic. Once that is done I'll chuck it on. Need a big old bit of sandpaper/wet&dry first though!!

TT
Max Boost likes this.
Old 25th March 2015, 01:19 PM   #532 (permalink)
Justonebar is patiently waiting

How could you drill a hole and scratch up a perfect Ti Decat!!!

Old 25th March 2015, 02:55 PM   #533 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justonebar View Post
How could you drill a hole and scratch up a perfect Ti Decat!!!

Quite easily!!.....

TT
Max Boost likes this.
Old 26th March 2015, 08:02 PM   #534 (permalink)
New Users

Got in from work and felt the need to get the decat on ....

Will keep the lambda off until nearer mapping time. Used the bung off the old decat so no creepy-crawlies can use it as a squat

TT
Old 3rd April 2015, 05:21 PM   #535 (permalink)
New Users

Well, some progress. Albeit not much

Removed the water/meth tank so that I could install the float switch I had bought. I want the ECU to be able to 'see' when the level gets low and maybe DO something about it. That might be nothing more than warn me or I might set a strategy to automatically knock the map back to 'non-meth'. I'll have a think about it....
Oddly enough the float switch hole is a good bit up the tank side which means there's a fair bit of fluid left when the switch trips. When I have some time, I'll fill the tank to the 'LOW' level I have marked (when the switch trips), start the pump and then time how long it takes to get from 'LOW' to empty. I can then perhaps set a delay in switching to non-meth map if I go down the auto route!

You can just make out the black line I drew which shows the 'LOW' level.

How do you like my new emission reduction device?? I'm sure the Polar Bears and penguin's will be happy!!!

On a more positive note, I have put a deposit down on a Motec PDM30 Power Distribution Module.

I have been after one for AGES and have bitten the bullet. After all the wiring fiasco I have had with this car, the PDM will allow me to effectively rip EVERYTHING out and wire from scratch through the PDM. The Syvecs S8 ECU I am planning to use can communicate with it via CAN so it should be able to 'see' anything the ECU can see. If you have never heard of these devices before then I urge you to go to the Motec site and have a read. The things that PDM's can do is staggering!! It makes fault diagnosis dead easy, allows you to set strategies for any component, allows you to use CAN keypads etc. The functionality is immense and I'm only scratching the surface TBH

I'm SOOO happy that this came up when it did!. However, I will probably end up getting it wired up professionally with decent Raychem wire so that the wiring is NEVER an issue again!. I'm sure it'll cost a bit but I'd rather have it done properly as wiring ain't my strong point.

TT
infamous_t likes this.
Old 3rd April 2015, 06:41 PM   #536 (permalink)
misters3 is loving the torque in the E70!
Registered

Cars owned: BMW 335D, R35
I can barely read about the stuff you're doing - nevermind attempt to do it!

Now the weather is starting to improve the i'll start doing what i can to my 6. Kinda dreading it. As i don't want to be like the kid in my street - with a car on supports for 2 years and it going nowhere fast!
Old 16th April 2015, 11:49 AM   #537 (permalink)
New Users

managed to get my Greddy-copy plenum sorted out. Spent a while hand-sanding the chamber half on the bench with sandpaper!! It was out by a fair bit, thankfully straight as a die now .

However, went to have a go at putting it on and it seems that it now fouls on the air chamber which sits underneath. Decided to bite the bullet and remove it all while I'm there and also sort out some wiring in preparation for PDM.

How it looked originally.....

A bit of a mess by all accounts!

Then got the upper air chamber off and in the vice....

After a bit of twisting the pipes easily came out....

Voila!!!!....

Had a -8 tap and some -10 bungs so set about drilling and tapping and the end result is...

Already removed air chamber, AAC and cold start device and it looks MUCH cleaner already!! You'll notice that some of the holes in the chamber have a little corrosion. On the other half still on the car there are some o-rings of which around half had seen better days. These were all replaced so glad I got around to doing this...

I'm working this afternoon so will get set about sorting the rest over the weekend I reckon.

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 16th April 2015 at 11:52 AM..
Old 16th April 2015, 11:46 PM   #538 (permalink)
Challis is a gtr32 owner! :D
Banned

Nice! You got any links for the ti decat?
Old 17th April 2015, 07:09 AM   #539 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challis View Post
Nice! You got any links for the ti decat?
No sorry, bought it from someone on the forum....

TT
Old 17th April 2015, 07:41 PM   #540 (permalink)
Dan ep3 turbo is unaware they can edit their status

Getting there now when you getting your syvecs tt ?